BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

Species25899
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Wormholes

Post by Species25899 »

Hi Trekkies,

it's a long time ago that I've played BOTF, my all time favorite game next to poker ;)

Now I began playing LUDM III --- and my ships can't enter the wormhole in the Dominion home system.

Maybe I've forgotten a lot of things... do I have to build a starbase first?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Wormholes

Post by thunderchero »

the wormhole in the system of Omarion is only a graphic effect and does not function. If this was possible to make it functional it would have been done.

thunderchero
BenMaxwell
Ensign
Ensign

Post by BenMaxwell »

It wouldve been really easy to conquer them, just build a base at the wormhole then just send in fleets of ships xD
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

BenMaxwell wrote:It wouldve been really easy to conquer them, just build a base at the wormhole then just send in fleets of ships xD
sorry but you would be unable to build a starbase, since it would be dominion space. you would have to conquer Omarion first before you could build a starbase. (you can only build an outpost/starbase in unclaimed or your territory)

thunderchero
BenMaxwell
Ensign
Ensign

Post by BenMaxwell »

dang It that's right, the last time I came close to defeating dominion was when they had 3 systems left then their romulan buddies showed up and wiped out my entire fleet xD which had been decreased to 35 ships and they had over 50 xD (romulans)
Species25899
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Species25899 »

I'm using my thread to ask some more noob questions.

I've downloaded three mods: UDM, BOTF 1.02 (German) and Large Error Correction Mod.

UDM: I quickly found out how to conquer the galaxy with any race.
BOTF 1.02: I've just tried a few rounds. The galactic map seems to be very, very small. My scouts find the next major power within the first 10 rounds.
Same with Large Error Correction Mod. I still have the original BOTF CD. Even there the galactic map is much larger, if my memory serves me well. Are these small versions designed for fast MPOGs?

General MPOG questions:
Which is the most popular mod?
How do players start? Advanced empires, many races, large (and which) galaxies?
BenMaxwell
Ensign
Ensign

Post by BenMaxwell »

from my experience, ive used the UDM3.0.1dd mod on normal, and all the major empires expect the Klingons declared war on me, and the Dominion threw 72 ships at my fartherest outposts. :P. Which udm did u use?

ive got to say that UDM3.0.1dd is the most popular among us, but I cant say that for all of us, just me xD.

the best way to go for udm3.0.1dd is tech4 large and irregular, and many races. That's the most challenging I can think of, and impossible difficulty >:D

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”