BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

Argonis
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

ship building not completing ?

Post by Argonis »

Hello,

Using BoTF 1.02 from multi-installer + playing through the error correction mod.

My game playing as Federation has reached turn 270 on a small starmap and as i had no fleet , as i expected the opponents are basically all declaring war against me at the same time .

So i decided to start building destroyers from all my systems.
On my best system, Sol obviously, i redirected most of the production to the mass replicator in order to increase a lot the industry output and lower a lot the waiting time for the production, it went down to 5

So i waited 5 turns, no destroyers were appearing at Sol
I waited 5 more turns, and same thing.

Rather puzzled i went to the production panel and decided to buy the destroyer that was supposed to be built
And waited a turn, nothing, waited again still nothing :

The starfleet shipyard is still there (i was wondering if it had been destroyed in sabotage without me noticing the message) and it is powered in energy

So why is that is happening, is this a bug , some known problem or did i overlooked a game mechanic there as i really can't understand why nothing is coming out of my production line ?
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Re: ship building not completing ?

Post by cleverwise »

Have you checked your dilithium usage? It sounds like you have over utilized your dilithium production. You must have one dilithium unit per ship built in a turn. So if you have 10 ships completing in that turn you need ten dilithium refineries online.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
Argonis
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Argonis »

Ah thank you, that must be certainly it .
I have not taken care of the dilithium at all during that game and i must have lost something in the various sabotage i got, probably why i was puzzled at why ships factories weren't completing, while in previous games i had no such problem.
cleverwise
Captain
Captain

Post by cleverwise »

Yeah if you aren't careful one can easily forget about watching that resource. Then ships won't complete.
Hailing frequencies close,

Jeremy
Whether you rise or fall depends on... you!
Argonis
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Argonis »

I could check on another screenshot i had, and indeed the problem is that i was at -1 in dilithium.
Next time i'll keep an eye on how my dilithium factories are going , as i guess one or two of them were lost in sabotages/bombing run while i wasn't caring enough about the end turn messages.

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”