BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

noupgrade
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Questions about Balance of Power

Post by noupgrade »

Hey All,

Long time lurker here! Firstly just wanted to say thank you to everyone who puts in the insane amount of work that goes into the mods. Thank you for hours and hours of entertainment, particularly the way things are in the world at the moment. You've made Lockdown much more bareable :)

I decided today to give Balance of Power a try after pretty much playing NBUL almost exclusively the last year or so. I'm a bit confused about the overall game play. I've been playing from T3 and finding that colonies take a very long time to develop (even ones with a decent growth rate) compared to previous mods. My most recent game i got to turn 56 had 10 colonies and with exception of the core systems I started with none of my newer colonies had a population over 55. I also found myself powering through turns quickly buying buildings etc.. I'm just wondering if i could get some tips on approaching game play. Am I doing something wrong? how do you guys approach it? Should I focus on just a few colonies early in the game? I've read the read me doc and there wasn't much there in terms of strategy and game play. Any hints/tips/strategies would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”