Ground Defense?

BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

The_Nighthawk wrote:The TT force should have twice the value +1.
Also note: As I said, there is no evidence that the max random value-range was found(yet).
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
The_Nighthawk
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by The_Nighthawk »

You are correct. Your trials 'suggested' the results I'm quoting as fact. :) And it's only because the results make logical sense (-50 to +100% difference is half to double) that I believe them to be perfectly true. Until someone disproves them of course. ;)
Playing BoP whenever the wife allows!
TurboC
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by TurboC »

Does the game cheat when it invades you? They always seem to take giant colonies every time with 1 transport ship, while I lose 10 trying to invade a medium size one.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

TurboC wrote:Does the game cheat when it invades you? They always seem to take giant colonies every time with 1 transport ship, while I lose 10 trying to invade a medium size one.

Not that I've noticed, no. At least not on the Normal and Hard difficulty levels.

It's been my experience that players -- both human and AI alike -- generally need to bring sufficient transports so that they have approximately twice the ground combat rating of the system they're invading. If the player's intent is to liberate a system (instead of conquest), the number of required transports is somewhat less, probably closer to around 125-150% of the colony's ground combat rating.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”