Starbases-How do you build them

BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

JohnNav
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Starbases-How do you build them

Post by JohnNav »

I have an outpost and a fleet of transports with a darkend (starbase) order. I click it but no respone?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

you also must have tech level to build a starbase

thunderchero
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

ay go to research screen, then objects, then ships, find the starbase and it'll show you which tech lvls u need to reach before it'll show up as buildable!
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
TurboC
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by TurboC »

Better question - when and if do you decide to build starbases? Personally I have never seen much of a need. By the time I can build a starbase, I usually have a significant fleet, and I'd rather spend the extra 75 or so maintenance points on more fleet instead of more stationary base.
JohnNav
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Starbases

Post by JohnNav »

I do have all required techs-I am playing Romulans with the UPDATEDUMDIII3.0.i3 Mod
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Ah if that's the case then the starbase option will be ghosted.

In order to get the AI to build starbases in UDM III The ship list was done so that there's an outpost available at the start, like Vanilla, then an upgraded version and then finally that upgrades into the starbase.
However to build new starbases you click 'build outpost'

This way gets round the problem of the AI rarely upgrading outposts to starbases manually with a second TT
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

in response to TurboC, starbase/outposts are little use to be honest.. in single player i'll build starbases sometimes around places where i'm training my ships (just for aesthetics tho!!)

in multiplayer, if my fleet is smaller than opposition, and i;m trying to make a stand on 1 system, i may build a starbase to support myself if i'm a Torp heavy race, like roms/ferengi

roms and ferengi have best torpedoes, and these work best, obv from a distance, thus an outpost or starbase even tho it'll be cannon fodder, can turn the battle in your favour as cardies/fed will be further away for rammming and kling/fed will be further away with their better phasers!

in UDM3 i'll protect colonies from the AI with starbases while my fleets off gaining experience in battle
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
JohnNav
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Star Bases

Post by JohnNav »

Thank you all for the input - this is a great forum and the members are awesome.

Again thanks

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”