tech 1 rom

BOTF Strategy Guide

Moderator: thunderchero

Osk
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

tech 1 rom

Post by Osk »

just a short note. Usually, strike cruisers are denounced as worthless. However, a romulan strike cruiser, avaiilable around tech lvl 4, with some command to increase accuracy, is deadly. In the early game, torpedoes and missiles hit harder than beams. do not underestimate the strike.

Oh, and in the xavori startegy guide, you might want to edit a bit. all romulan ships can attack a system, if they uncloak the turn before

and yes, i like to play romulans, nice mix of combat, special operations, research and diplomacy. just wish the AI wasnt so stupid to threathen to reveal my espionage, when they were the ones who-done-it, things like that
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: tech 1 rom

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Osk wrote: all romulan ships can attack a system, if they uncloak the turn before
they can attack in the same turn btw. redeploy one ship of a cloaked fleet. set it to attack the system and then cloak it again. The rest you have to do now is just to redeploy your other ships to this new "cloaked attacking fleet". Way better than leaving your ships uncloaked and vulnerable behind for one turn, isn't it? ;)

important: Much redeploying can cause errors. Especially if you have many ships. So better safe 2 turns before doing so (or use last.sav) in case of an error.
Osk
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Osk »

thanks for the hint, i never tried that

Return to “BOTF Strategy Guide”