Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: all about editing savegames

Post by Flocke »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:
Flocke wrote:but hopefully you all add the missing parts
By your command: :)
Updated and moved everything to the wiki: http://flocke.bplaced.net/botfwiki/inde ... _Savegames and http://flocke.bplaced.net/botfwiki/inde ... #GShipList

Now you can directly update the content. I'll not keep updating first post and might remove it's content to avoid confusion. But I believe it's still a good idea to announce meaningful discoveries over here.

cheers :)
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

I added information to the wiki about adding, moving and removing ships. If there are still questions, test a little, improve the wiki or if you can't get it work, ask me. ;)
I didn't test this time but wrote what I remember, so no warrenty.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Flocke wrote:Updated and moved everything to the wiki (…)Now you can directly update the content.
Thanks for all your work, but currently I haven't the time to acquaint myself with wiki usage.
Flocke wrote:I'll not keep updating first post and might remove it's content to avoid confusion.
In this case, please enter at least this link into the initial post (bold & blindingly obvious):

http://flocke.bplaced.net/botfwiki/inde ... le-Listing
Flocke wrote:But I believe it's still a good idea to announce meaningful discoveries over here.
We depend on it. I feel it's quite confusing to determine new info in wikis. Unless you know about a spezific update.
Flocke wrote:I didn't test this time but wrote what I remember, so no warrenty.
I’ll also add some doubtful candidates, marked with interrogation point.

=> alienInfo:

0x16 = ? (sar 10h = entry number of home system in systInfo, same as: [ds: 595DA8+1Ah])
0x20 = known empires (bitwise XOR with 01 = card, 02 = fed, 04 = ferg, 08 = kling, 10 = rom)
0x24 = ? same as 0x20 ?
0x28 (5empires * 4bytes) = treaty level (minors) 0=Neutral, 1=Friendly, 2=Affiliated, 3=Member, 4=WAR
0x3C =(minors) 0=free diplomacy, 1=subjugated, 2=restricted diplomacy (membership)

=> EmpsInfo:

Offset 0x0054 to 0x0057 credits (?seems to be ignored?) -> used for F1 emps info display
Offset 0x0058 to 0x005B income (?seems to be ignored?) -> used for F1 emps info display
0x5C = get subtracted from 0x58 (ship maintenance over pop support?)
0x110 (5empires * 4bytes) = treaty label: 0=Neutral, 1=WAR , 2=Alliance , 3=Peace
0x124 (5empires * 4bytes) = treaty stuff unknown 0/1
0x138 (5empires * 4bytes) = trade allowed: 0=NO, 1=Yes
0x15C = ? known minors or same as 0x158 ?

=> systInfo:

0x30 = if 3 -> subjugated system (asm-5039DB), 2= ?
0xAC = ? strcInfo ?

I can't find your locations for the following. Were they lost during forum crash last year?

=> EmpsInfo:

moral (value)
moral (shown text)
dilithium
terraforming value total
terraforming value done
planet bonuses (population/energy/food => pure/normal/much)
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Why would anyone want to edit a saved game?
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

mickar wrote:Why would anyone want to edit a saved game?
Mentat's UDM add on for a start. I know he's proposing creating a canon map for each faction of the UDM mod to play with. That requires editing an already saved game ;)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:Thanks for all your work, but currently I haven't the time to acquaint myself with wiki usage.
And I don't want to always copy&paste. ;)

As long as you don't want to use complex effects, you just have to register to the wiki, login, open a page and hit the edit button. There are some few wiki-codes similar to the bbcodes that are useful to know, but that's it and you can just copy&paste from pages that are already there if you want.
Actually the wiki is even having a wysiwyg editor.
If there's more you need to know, I have posted some links to the main page.

BTW, as every wiki, it's content is managed by a history management system, and all previous data can be accessed all the time and also can be restored, so just go and test. ;)
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:
Flocke wrote:I'll not keep updating first post and might remove it's content to avoid confusion.
In this case, please enter at least this link into the initial post (bold & blindingly obvious)
done
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:I can't find your locations for the following. Were they lost during forum crash last year?

=> EmpsInfo:

moral (value)
moral (shown text)
dilithium
terraforming value total
terraforming value done
planet bonuses (population/energy/food => pure/normal/much)
*Oops* :oops: Yeah, must have been a copy&paste fault, but just readded them to: http://flocke.bplaced.net/botfwiki/inde ... g#systInfo
(systInfo not empsInfo)

(the history reveals what data has been missed: http://flocke.bplaced.net/botfwiki/inde ... 5&oldid=89)
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Flocke wrote:And I don't want to always copy&paste. ;)
And so it wasn't requested. I just hinted a delay. Since noone aside of myself used this data it shouldn't be an issue.

Also I assumed 1:1 correlation of savegame files / loaded data. But there seems to be some conflicting data, which has to be proved yet. :?

And thanks again for your update of the missing data. :)
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:Also I assumed 1:1 correlation of savegame files / loaded data. But there seems to be some conflicting data, which has to be proved yet. :?
If it helps, I think I still have the savegame I tested with somewhere. If I find it I could upload it to the wiki as well. :)
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Flocke wrote:If it helps, I think I still have the savegame I tested with somewhere. If I find it I could upload it to the wiki as well. :)
Thanks, but that isn't necessary. Looks like a simple code representation / offset conversion issue.

Your work was of incalculable value for code analysis btw :)

like Gowron said:
Gowron wrote:Really great (and *lots of*) work :)
And we still need a "thumbs up" smilie ;)

Now I'm searching for a code-efficient way for some AI cheats (no neutron star, black hole, radom event effects; terraform speed; credit & science outputs...)

For systems I can access:

systInfo
Offset 0x0004 to 0x0007 uninhabited = 00 00 00 00, AI = 00 00 00 01, player = 00 00 00 02

But are there also some sorts of AI direct-indicators in empsInfo and, more important, GShipList?
(indirect way over race-IDs won't work always, due to limited code-space :( )

EDIT:

systInfo -> ?
Offset 0x0000 to 0x0003 = starID
Offset 0x0050 to 0x0053 = starID
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:But are there also some sorts of AI direct-indicators in empsInfo and, more important, GShipList?
None that I know of. And I remember having explored those files quite extensively. :(
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:systInfo -> ?
Offset 0x0000 to 0x0003 = starID
Offset 0x0050 to 0x0053 = starID
That's what I have in my notes, just checked it back, it's not a typo. ;)
Didn't test what it's for, so they still could have different meaning, but in my test saves these values always were same.

Btw, good to know that you can make some use of it.
Wish you a good progress on partially improving the AI! :)
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Flocke wrote:
Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:But are there also some sorts of AI direct-indicators in empsInfo and, more important, GShipList?
None that I know of. And I remember having explored those files quite extensively. :(
Hmm, that's a pity. So with my available average of 1/2h per week, the project becomes unrealistic. :(

But I'll keep any eye open for the dynamic representation of the strcInfo. This hidden, little bugger would be very usefull for many projects. :wink:
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:But I'll keep any eye open for the dynamic representation of the strcInfo. This hidden, little bugger would be very usefull for many projects. :wink:
I did do a little testing on strcInfo while looking into energy screen project, But not very detailed testing. The little I did was just on basic structures (dilth and shipyard) but seems to keep very little info building id and if on or off was all I saw. But one strange thing was I used cards for test dilth used correct ID, but shipyards used basic shipyard ID not union shipyard?

If you could tell me more on what info you would need I would be happy to spend more time looking into strcInfo file. I am just not sure what info would help. :wink:

thundercheo
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

First you'd need the asm-address of the loaded strcInfo file and the structure of the corresponding dynamic data. These seem to be the relevant code locations:

sub_438DC0 (->sub_438C40) & sub_438E90

systInfo+AC seems to be number of entrys in strcInfo (guessed only)

Here are some examples of the in-game access (aside of energy screen project):

sub_443300 (test if shipyard powered) -> eax = 0 means no.
sub_446894 -> number of powered OBs in eax

In all these instances, I still don't understand neither the underlying data nor the access (excepting edifice.bst output IDs).
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Flocke,

I was playing with problem Mentat had and found a listed unknown I think.

Note; After testing latest version of "UEdev6" all is working correctly.

in "systInfo"

Offset 0x006E to 0x006F = unknown (majors = 05 00, uninhabited = 00 00, ? = 02 00,...)
Offset 0x0070 unknown
Offset 0x0071 &08 = dilithium

I think at Offset 0x006E unknown is "00" or "01"
00= no display on map for dilithium
01= display icon on map for dilithium

00 01 00 70 08 systems with dilithium
00 00 00 70 00 systems without dilithium no icon
00 01 00 70 00 systems without dilithium with icon

but I am not sure of hex location Offset

thunderchero
enigma
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by enigma »

Hello everyone,

reading this thread about "editing savegames" is interesting, but unfortunately it doesn't help me..

Sometimes, when I start a new game in BotF/UDML, I save at the beginning and open the UE to edit the savegame.. to change the conditions and positions of the small races in the game. For example: The Breen in the near of the Dominion, Vulcan next to Sol, Bajor not too far away from Cardassia.

But in every second savegame I want to change, an error occurs when I'm opening the galactic map. Then UE shows only this part of the map till the error occurs in one and the following star systems and he give me this:

"System index error: xxx"
"Could not find maps.tga"

xxx seems to be a number instead the name of the star system.

any idea? :?:

Return to “editing Savegames files”