Coming Titan class

Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Coming Titan class

Post by anjel »

Hi there, i want critics. It has 576 polygons, and as tethys and thunderchero suggested me, i´ve made separately the parts where should be glowing effects in creator.
I know the saucer it´s a little bit squared, but im triying not to make it more complex, so the poly count doesn´t go to heaven, if everyone has a suggestion, please be my guest.
Here are some pictures:

Once all modification suggested are done, i´ll start texturing.
Thank you

Live long and prosper
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

The saucer is THE most important part of the ship. Its the part that everyone sees, and everyone can pretty much differentiate one ship from another by just the saucer. My suggestion is to at least double polys of the saucer, and cut polys from somewhere less noticed, like the nacelles, upper 'pod' (i think u could shave some off the sides), and the bottom sides of the engineering hull (but not the bottom, as seen from the side this would be ugly)

From the looks of it, seems like the pod is the most 'infested' with polys, try making it more like the saucer, and slightly increase the saucer roundness by 25-50% if possible

Overall, its very nice - 8/10 i would rate it (with 10 being the very high poly models like Excelsior)

EDIT: what i meant about the pod is that the sides are 'curved' like a cylinder, where as you have the saucer with flat sides. try making the pod with the same flat sides as the saucer (even if they come out triangular <___> like that), and you should have a solid functional and good looking model. but yes, saucer needs a bit more rounding ;)
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

Looks like it will become quite a ship, sort of like a cross between a Miranda class, an Akira class and a Nebula. I think the saucer would look better a tad rounder, otherwise it might look too similar to a sovereign class saucer or an Akira's. Keep up the good work :) 8.5/10
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

More excellent work from the doctor -- your gonna get a great reputation on here very quickly if you keep up the standard you have embarked on -- keep up the good work.

If i may humble request, could you, if you have any time, model an TOS era Federation class starship?
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

That's an impressive looking model :)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

Thank you very much Stardust and Eprahsnada. You are correct Eprahsnada, it´s a mix of the three ships you mentioned, and it´s and interesting mix, though the upper pod was designed for investigation, not for shutting as much torpedos as possible :lol:.

Thanks for the support Peter1981, i´ve been thinking, once i finish the titan, to continue with the Kelvin from the new movie and maybe with the consitution. Please don´t hesitate to ask any model you have in mind from TOS.
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

I dont see what can be so wrong about shutting out as many torpedoes as possible :D
May I ask what type of vessel it is being programmed to be best at then? say a scout or destroyer or battleship etc...
Although star trek XI cannot replace the Star trek we have in our hearts, I would like to see the outcome of your redesigned Constitution and Apollo/Kelvin class (looks like a redone Apollo class but everybody calls it a Kelvin class so meh), and am more than willing to pass opinions on anything you may need opinionating, provided it isnt any technical coding or stuff like that lol.

Eprahsnada
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Please don´t hesitate to ask any model you have in mind from TOS.
My god 'your a Doctor not a full time 3d-modeler' -- you may wanna close that flood gate before it opens all the way ;)

but since you asked ---

a proto-miranda is TOS rather than st2:TWoK would be nice

And since i think it wouldn't be to hard to do the K-7 station from 'The trouble with tribbles' would be great (I'm trying to make a mod that spans the whole of trek from 2061 Launch of DY-100's & Cochrans 'Pheonix' right through to ST:VGR 'End Game' 2394

so in a nut shell i'm missing:

FEDERATION
ENT - J-class Freighter (horizon et al), NX-02,
TOS K-7 starbase, Antares, Saladin class, Hermes class, Federation Class
TNG - Sydney class,
DS9 - Danube class runabout
TNG:AGT - Olympic Class medical ship
VOY:EG - amoured voyager

KLINGONS
ENT - D4, D5, Bird-of-Pray

ROMULAN
ENT - Drone Ship
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Here is a good pic of the Miranda, I would also use it if you made it: http://www.trekmania.net/art/miranda_tos_era.htm

And Peter, My mod will now be starting from the TOS period of around 2265ish up until about 2400ish, you will definitely have a challenge with your mod ;)
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

Here are some more pictures, i did as Tethys mentioned, reduce as much as possible the upper pod and make more polygons for the saucer section.
The poly count went to 602:

By the way, i would be glad to contribute to the mod Peter1981 and Tethys mentioned .
And for the ships you enlisted Peter1981, as soon as i finish the titan, i´ll start with the kelvin (from the new movie) and proto-miranda, and then with the ones you mentioned. Of course just give me time. (my girlfriend will kill me...) :lol:

Live long and prosper

PS:Eprahsnada i think the titan it´s a kind of exploring vessel... with the top of the armament technology 8O
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Peter1981 wrote:
Please don´t hesitate to ask any model you have in mind from TOS.
My god 'your a Doctor not a full time 3d-modeler' -- you may wanna close that flood gate before it opens all the way ;)

but since you asked ---

a proto-miranda is TOS rather than st2:TWoK would be nice

And since i think it wouldn't be to hard to do the K-7 station from 'The trouble with tribbles' would be great (I'm trying to make a mod that spans the whole of trek from 2061 Launch of DY-100's & Cochrans 'Pheonix' right through to ST:VGR 'End Game' 2394

so in a nut shell i'm missing:

FEDERATION
ENT - J-class Freighter (horizon et al), NX-02,
TOS K-7 starbase, Antares, Saladin class, Hermes class, Federation Class
TNG - Sydney class,
DS9 - Danube class runabout
TNG:AGT - Olympic Class medical ship
VOY:EG - amoured voyager

KLINGONS
ENT - D4, D5, Bird-of-Pray

ROMULAN
ENT - Drone Ship

I do happen to recall a few of those ships are already kicking around in mods. The DY-100 was in the Ultimate Mod series, the Armoured Voyager's in the Delta Quadrant mod and I've also seen the Danube class pop up somewhere. (Wish I could remember though)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Now I am very much looking forward to this ship, it is looking very nice right now, interesting to see the finished product :)
tutankhaten
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by tutankhaten »

Peter, i admire your idea of creating a mod that will span over all of the Star trek TV seasons. It would be an overwhelming challenge to even the most capable of modders, considering that there are so many details that must be thought out and anylised. Perhaps it would be nice to include some of the many different vulcan ships to the mod, this is of course just a thought of mine and a suggestion. I, personally think that it would give the mod a nice touch. I hope you do consider adding some vulcan command ships and cruisers. Wheather you do or not is however irrellevant, considering that the ideas i have read sound fantastic and wheather you do consider adding such ship models, i'm sure that the mod you are proposing will turn out great,

I wish you luck and success. javascript:emoticon(':D')
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

I have been working on this mod for over 3 years (since UM came out) :) just gotta get it right :)
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

well fellows, here we are now, with irish-punk music arround from a partner working, i´m in the last step tutorial made by thunderchero, before step seven, i´ll try to do it myself if i can... if i fail... well i think i will ask for another small favor to thunderchero to convert the model to .hob.

Here are the images from creator with lighting and 4 256x256 gifs:

Please critics, if there´s something you would like to modify or something. Hope not :lol:

Live long and prosper

Return to “Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX”