what ship models would you like to see created?

Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

I'm just glad to get a mention ;) -- Keep Modding Guys & Girls :D
Silverbreaker
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Silverbreaker »

Silverbreaker wrote:what we really need is a truly good Galaxy Class and a suitable Nebula Class!

the one at udmIII is not bad, but have the wrong colors at the emitter (not the nice blue/black ones)!
other galaxys at the other mods (GM & AtA) are to edged and chunky!

i would be thankful if someone make a wonderful galaxy class with the right emitter colors and a nebula class with the same colors, but with a model from this incarnation: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/sc ... le/86730/3

and an awacs version of my favorite phoenix class: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/sc ... le/56598/1

pls, if someone have the skills
ok guys,
ive turned my photoshop on and try something here and something there. try this pack out, you gonna love this edited original textures of my favorite ships:

http://rapidshare.com/files/438398642/Retextures.zip
(based on thundercheros original textures)

next i will try to make a whole new ambassador + bird of prey model and a final release of my own mod :roll:

some pics:

with the right emitter, impulse-engines and warp

the right emitter + impulse-engines and warp

the right emitter + impulse-engines and warp

with the right impulse-engines

with the right emitter

feel free to use them in your mod-releases (all of my following work too)

stay tuned
Last edited by Silverbreaker on Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Nicely done :D
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
jimbods9
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Federation ships

Post by jimbods9 »

These are ships from the Federation both 23rd century and 24th, The Ptolemy, The Anton, Andor, Baker, Northampton, Chandley, Nelson, Saladin, Polaris, Remora, Wilkerson, Thufir, Larson, Loknar, Sydney, Freedom, Springfield, Cheyenne, Challenger, Niagra, Andromeda, Yeager, Renaissance, Rigel, Mediterranean, Aegean, Istanbul, Wambundu, Hokul'ea, Liberty, Apollo, Surak, and finally, the Lotus Flower freighter.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

ptolemy is avaliable; try a search for the name -- I don't think the others are avaliable yet. Hoping to have a saliding for my TOS MOD tho.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

"Surak" is already the name of one of the Vulcan ships. Also, I believe -- although I'm not certain -- that "Istanbul" is one of the troop transport names (which is a little ironic, given that it hasn't been Turkey's capital in almost a century).
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
jimbods9
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by jimbods9 »

[quote="Martok"]"Surak" is already the name of one of the Vulcan ships. Also, I believe -- although I'm not certain -- that "Istanbul" is one of the troop transport names (which is a little ironic, given that it hasn't been Turkey's capital in almost a century).[/quote

Well, in the starfleet wiki the Istanbul is a large colony ship that resembles the Erwone(sp) class, like the USS Raven, but bigger. The Constantinople (an Istanbul class) was mentioned in the second season of TNG in the episode "The Schitzoid man". The ship looks like a angular box with nacelles jutting from either side. But I guess the Surak is that ship that is already in the game, who knows,
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Yes, I'm simply saying that the Surak and Istanbul are already in BOTF.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
jimbods9
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by jimbods9 »

So according to the starship design bureau this ship is the Istanbul class. Here is the link...

http://www.trekships.org/istanbul.htm
jimbods9
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by jimbods9 »

I do not have the required programs to build models and convert them, but I have all the models for the ships I have listed above, I would be willing to send them in an email to anyone who would like to convert them to the hob format so others can enjoy them. I do not claim any responsibility for their creation, I just happened to find them and downloaded them for various other Trek games I enjoy. If anyone here is interested in this idea I can put my email here unless that isn't allowed, I just think it would be great to have even more Federation ships available. They are both in Mod and Max/3ds format, just so you all know.
jimbods9
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by jimbods9 »

So I will take this as a no, that's cool.
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Actually I hadnt noticed this thread till now, I will take any of those models and try my hand at converting them. Is anyone already converting those two stations that where posted earlier. I downloaded the files and could work on those , add them to my list in my ship pack thread if you still need them done.
jimbods9
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by jimbods9 »

Yeah still got the mopdels, they are in .mod and 3ds format, but all are in a zip file. Could I get your email address so I can send them?
jimbods9
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by jimbods9 »

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, but why do some of these posts get ignored? I would just like to offer up more Fed ships that are already made, and there seems to be no one wanting to talk about it, am I wrong? I just am having trouble understanding this. Please no one take this personal, I am only asking a question. Thanks.
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Don't take it wrong jimbods9 but robert_defore is one of our ship modders so if he's not answering it's because he's either busy with retexturing his ships models or maybe other personal reasons. Some people can spend a lot of times without logging on here....creating ships is time consuming...+ some people have school or other personal engagements to take care of.

Return to “Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX”