what ship models would you like to see created?

Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Mudpuppy630511
Ensign
Ensign

Re: what ship models would you like to see created?

Post by Mudpuppy630511 »

thunderchero wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:29 am
Mudpuppy630511 wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:34 pm Back when the game was in development in . . . gosh, I think It was 1998 (I was a sophomore in college). . . myself and several others signed on to give the developer feedback and insight into what ships to be included.
I was thinking did you also get to do any alpha/beta testing? if so do you still have any of those beta files?
No, I'm afraid not. The computer I had at the time did not meet the minimum requirements for playing the game. I didn't get the game until Spring 2000, when I had a machine that met the requirements for playing it.
Benman2785
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Benman2785 »

i would really love a better version of Vulcan Suurok Class (or even Sh'Raan sub-class)
the Ship_Pack_01 version has a way to thick ring-warp and has a bad texture.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Kurn wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:14 pm I'm missing a better model of the first Star Trek starship, the constitution class.

The constitution class model from the AAM looks good, but unfinished. The sides of the saucer are partly black and the neck up front has for some reason black stripes.

The constitution class model from the GALM looks like someone tried to rework the sides of the saucer and for some reason changed the color of the bussard collectors to dark red (not original), but anyway the ship model causes crashes when you choose to evade in battle.
If you look at the nacelle bussard closely, these are different models. I didn't know we had 2 models of the TOS Connie flying around. I do remember doing some texture work. But I am not a modeler. It definitely looks like someone edited the nacelle to make the bussard a little smaller, and sunk it into the nacelle (GALM) instead of being flush with the nacelle (AAM).
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version

Return to “Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX”