what ship models would you like to see created?

Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Transwarp
Commander
Commander

Re: what ship models would you like to see created?

Post by Transwarp »

Galaxy X definitely!!! Would really like to have it, and I think that would be last model to complete the original ships from botf.
Transwarp and ...

We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been is over. Your biological and technological destinctiveness will be added to our own. From this time forward you will service us.
gentle
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by gentle »

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but the Conestoga class colony ship from ENT would be a great beginning CS, for any mod that starts out with ENT era ;)
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
meslinjf
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Re:

Post by meslinjf »

Silverbreaker wrote:
Silverbreaker wrote:what we really need is a truly good Galaxy Class and a suitable Nebula Class!

the one at udmIII is not bad, but have the wrong colors at the emitter (not the nice blue/black ones)!
other galaxys at the other mods (GM & AtA) are to edged and chunky!

i would be thankful if someone make a wonderful galaxy class with the right emitter colors and a nebula class with the same colors, but with a model from this incarnation: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/sc ... le/86730/3

and an awacs version of my favorite phoenix class: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/sc ... le/56598/1

pls, if someone have the skills
ok guys,
ive turned my photoshop on and try something here and something there. try this pack out, you gonna love this edited original textures of my favorite ships:

http://rapidshare.com/files/438398642/Retextures.zip
(based on thundercheros original textures)

next i will try to make a whole new ambassador + bird of prey model and a final release of my own mod :roll:

some pics:

with the right emitter, impulse-engines and warp

the right emitter + impulse-engines and warp

stay tuned
I've been looking around for those ships, but the link is now broken. Would anyone have the files for those models?
meslinjf
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by meslinjf »

robert_defore wrote:I will place all my Ship Packs in this thread and keep the first post updated with the newest releases.

Enterprise Era
USS Daedalus
Daedalus_ship_pack.zip
USS Intrepid
TBA
USS Delta
TBA

The Origional Series Era
USS Ptolmy Double Container
TOSPtolmy2.zip
USS Ptolmy Single Container
TOSPtolmy1.zip
USS Federation
TOSFederation.zip
USS Constitution V2
TOS Constitution V2.zip
USS Akula V2
TOS Akula_Ship_Pack_V2.zip

The Motion Picture Era
USS Akula_A
TMPAkula_ship_pack_A.zip
USS Saladin Refit
TMPSaladin Refit Ship Pack.zip
USS Constant
TMP Constant Ship Pack.zip
USS Ptolmy
In for Refit
USS Constitution
TBA
USS Federation
In for Refit
The Next Generation Era
USS Freedom_2
TNG Freedom_Ship_Pack_2.zip
USS Challenger
Fitting Out

I love you guys so much I made both the Refit and the Constant/Polaris
These links are also outdated. Anyone would have robert_defore's models somewhere?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

meslinjf wrote:These links are also outdated. Anyone would have robert_defore's models somewhere?
I think I have all of them in this rar file
robert.rar
(4.96 MiB) Downloaded 172 times
thunderchero
meslinjf
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by meslinjf »

Thanks thunderchero!

I know new 3d engines and models are probably coming in soon enough, but I'll try retexturing federation ships for the next few days. I'll post the files later on if it's worth it.
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

it looks, reman, it looks like a dominion ship and the front end distruptor definitely looks Klingon so i guess we would find a place for it in the ship list; if only we would have the model ...

for more pics just google remansaif for images
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

wow m8, really good work you´ve done, i really like the new ship and UI design.
Keep going, look forward for next releases :up:
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Dafedz wrote:Some very nice work on this thread! Here's something new from me, coming soon with Ultimate Mod 5.

Also you see a preview here of a new and improved Fed GUI (work in progress).
I see in the styling a little bit of Akira, NX-01 and Prometheus. how about some specs? poly count, phasers, texture size and how many textures? how did you separate? slice, Dr_Breen object separation or separation by face? if you plan on doing more models I have a few shortcuts for flt to hob. and new way to set exact scale.

And as for GUI, it looks like it is shaping up nicely. But I know all to well they are a pain in the a**.

thunderchero
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

Hey thunder. Yes I did model it somewhat on the Akira. It's the Akira's big brother, something like what the Galaxy is to the New Orleans class. I styled the nacelle pylons on the Prometheus as you noticed.

Specs for the final in game hob are:
Polys: 1211
Vertices: 690
Textures: 3 Gifs, 256x256
Phaser slots: 8
size: 162 kb

I separated the normal way, via plain object separation, no slices, and no cookie cutter any more! lol. I think there were 20 groups. Separated fairly neatly too. Whats the shortcut from flt to hob? I did it the regular way I always have, with the regular commands with Eric Japp's filters. Scale I set manually in trek.exe, to 7.0 I believe. It makes the ship something like +30% larger than the Sovereign.

The Gui work is a monster pain in the arse. Believe it or not this is version 3.0, which I'm settling on. Still got a few more images to do, mainly buttons and sliders. I hate it lol.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I would love to see some early era Cardie ships. This one looks like it would fit nicely in the Post TMP/Pre TNG era :D
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

Dafedz wrote:Some very nice work on this thread! Here's something new from me, coming soon with Ultimate Mod 5.
First ship with dual deflector dish. Are you sharing these? May I download it from somewhere? What other new model do you have?
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

Tethys wrote:I would love to see some early era Cardie ships. This one looks like it would fit nicely in the Post TMP/Pre TNG era :D
Cheers Tethys :) Yeh I guess it is from this era. Being a kind of precursor to the Galor, you could say its the Cardassian version of the Excelsior - a fleet workhorse. As for early (ToS) era Cardassian ships, tbh I'd like to see some too. But I don't plan on building any more Cardassian models for now...
adi wrote:
Dafedz wrote:First ship with dual deflector dish. Are you sharing these? May I download it from somewhere? What other new model do you have?
This ship along with the other new ones will feature in Um5, and will also be released with an accompanying shippack as well I imagine, along with all my models, even the old ones.
Kurn
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Kurn »

I would like to see a ship model of the cardassian galor class with a red deflector array at the very front of the ship. This is the color which is consistently shown in Deep Space Nine.
The best ship model of the galor class I know is the one of the UDM ship pack, but the galor ship of this ship pack has a blue deflector. The Keldon class in the same ship pack has a red deflector. It would be very nice if the galor ship had the same deflector.

Return to “Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX”