Kelvin and JJConstitution pack

Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Kelvin and JJConstitution pack

Post by anjel »

Hi there, it´s been a while since i´ve startet these two models, but well, here we are, and it is for all of you who just want to enjoy the ships from the new movie... you can even make the as monster and if they appear in the game you can destroy them !!!!! :lol: :twisted:

KELVIN CLASS:
kelvin ship pack

JJCONSTITUTION CLASS:
JJ enterprise ship pack

Well people, hope you enjoy them.
Proto-miranda coming soooon :D
Live long and propser
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Looking very good

But you still have much to learn my young padawan
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

:lol: yeah !!!! i know :( , lot, too much !!!! i´m going crazy :mrgreen:
Live long and propser
zenith23
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zenith23 »

I like the Kelvin, though i enjoyed the movie (I'm guessing that's heresy here) I thought the JJEnterprise was a pig (not your very excellent model of it I would add) that thing's got serious nacelle issues!
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

zenith23 wrote:(I'm guessing that's heresy here)
ah no. I don't think so. Indeed most of us didn't act like Vulcans after we seen the movie but this had it's reasons. And if anjel didn't create those models I'm sure lots of ppl had already forgotten about it :lol:
zenith23 wrote:I thought the JJEnterprise was a pig... that thing's got serious nacelle issues!
I think they'll crash JJ's "capsizeprise" in the next movie so they can make a refit as lots of ppl didn't like the way it as it now looks. :lol:

Either way, I like your work anjel. It improves with every model :)
Saragota
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Saragota »

to anjel: :)
You don't like the last movie??
why??? it was great entertainment!!!?
i can't understand you, really...no..':twisted:'
':mrgreen:'
( ironical, I mean the oposite..
..so i think that is a nice idea to destroy these ships!)
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

Saragota wrote:to anjel: :)
:lol: yes, let make some fun about this, i did this model just because nobody did it before and to train a little bit. And i want to clarify that i didn´t like the movie, Gene Roddenberrys vision was "lost".... 8O :lol:.
BTW, nobody thought in making a new mod, but with the Terran Empire ???
Live long and propser
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

anjel wrote: BTW, nobody thought in making a new mod, but with the Terran Empire ???
There is an old Terran Empire mod.

I had an idea for a alt universes collide mod. But I'm not skilled enough to do it myself, so I threw it out to anybody interested. Basically it was as follows...

Five races replaced with five universes...
1) Normal Universe made up of a collection of Fed, Rom, Klig, Card alliance ships.

2) Terran Empire, the TNG book version so as not to be limited to TOS era only ships.

3) That Kling Card alliance, or what ever their called, from DS9 mirror episodes.

4) The Gary Mitchell controlled universe from the "Of Gods and Men" fan made film.

5) Not sure about fifth universe. But there's probably one in the books that could be used.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

anjel wrote:
Saragota wrote:to anjel: :)
:lol: yes, let make some fun about this, i did this model just because nobody did it before and to train a little bit. And i want to clarify that i didn´t like the movie, Gene Roddenberrys vision was "lost".... 8O :lol:.
BTW, nobody thought in making a new mod, but with the Terran Empire ???
There is a so called Mirror Mirror Mod in Download Section. It is a multi installer mod. Have it installed but didn't tried it as yet.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

great models anjel :)
DUKE-NUKEM
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by DUKE-NUKEM »

I just added the Models to the game and build them they look great, thanks man i loved the last movie made me feel like the old Series with Kirk when i watched it as a kid.

Keep up the good work, by the way are u modeling the Romulan Mining Ship as well? :roll:

i em just curios, i think would be fun to add it into the game as well :wink:

Cheers,

Duke Nukem
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

:lol: i´ve given a thought or two, but it would be the last thing i´d do, not because i don´t want to, just because i want to make other model first. but maybe with time, who knows...
Thanks !!!!
DUKE-NUKEM
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by DUKE-NUKEM »

anjel wrote::lol: i´ve given a thought or two, but it would be the last thing i´d do, not because i don´t want to, just because i want to make other model first. but maybe with time, who knows...
Thanks !!!!
I see :wink:

Is it possible to import models from Star fleet Command 1-3? Or Armada? Like i found this at the side but i dont quite understand it:

https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/botf ... s-using-ue

Like the ships i see there where in none of the model packs like the Kazon Battleship. I got a mod for Starfleet Command 3 named Dominon war its on my other computer so i em playing with the thought of importing them just to Botf. Do u know if there is a limit of ships u can have in the game?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

DUKE-NUKEM wrote:Is it possible to import models from Star fleet Command 1-3? Or Armada? Like i found this at the side but i dont quite understand it:

https://www.armadafleetcommand.com/botf ... s-using-ue

Like the ships i see there where in none of the model packs like the Kazon Battleship. I got a mod for Starfleet Command 3 named Dominon war its on my other computer so i em playing with the thought of importing them just to Botf. Do u know if there is a limit of ships u can have in the game?
yes and no there is no way to direct import. But after remodeling ship and retexturing then converting to bsp and finally to hob format. In most cases unless you are very skilled modeler or very lucky this takes a week or more per model (8-10 hour per day)

The limit in BOTF is 255 models, but limit of palettes is 127 and limit of phasers slots is 73 (max 3 models per slot) So if you could combine enough palettes the true max would be 219 different models.

thunderchero
DUKE-NUKEM
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by DUKE-NUKEM »

thunderchero wrote:
yes and no there is no way to direct import. But after remodeling ship and retexturing then converting to bsp and finally to hob format. In most cases unless you are very skilled modeler or very lucky this takes a week or more per model (8-10 hour per day)
I would like to know more about this and go into deep with it, I got at my other computer in Croatia 3DsMax8 and older version 3dsMax6 both legal, but i em in germany now working at a company till next year easter for a project what leave me here with only a laptop, last models i made we inported in Empire at war (Star Wars Game) they had a Plugin and we could convert it was kinda easy since all was written in xml. But i have to admint the UE-Editor is much more fun :)

I basicly was thinking of converting the models there so far i remember the texture files been saved similar and layed on a 3D model on and in one topic i saw someone used Romulan ships from Star Fleet Command 3 so i hope i can import them or a few at least :D

this was the topic:

viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopi ... ing+models
thunderchero wrote:
The limit in BOTF is 255 models, but limit of palettes is 127 and limit of phasers slots is 73 (max 3 models per slot) So if you could combine enough palettes the true max would be 219 different models.

thunderchero
I try to find topic about this, but only found how u can change color of phasers and such things and exchange some things, so if i get it straigh its like this:

255 different Ship models? (sounds like its from hex? hardcoded?)

127 palettes what would be like the bitmap of a ship texture? How is it linked to the ship models? Can i use 1 palette for 2 models?

73 Phaser slots what would be like different colors from red, green, yellow and so on... times 3.

219 Ship models in total, i guess someone try that allready or?

I would have one more Question, is it possible to give the Minors like more then one ship model to build lets say in tech level one they can build shuttles and in tech level 3 a battleship, if i remember correct the AI lets the Minors jump from one tech to another and i just saw so far i can assign one ship per minor race, just would like to know whats possible i em still testing around with the editor all kind of adjustments :twisted:

Thank u for u reply it helped me lots :wink:

Return to “Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX”