Coming Saladin/Hermes class (TOS)

Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

sorry to hear about this anjel....my prayers are with you in those sad days.
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

I know what Kidney disease is like, and I feel great pain in my heart for your father. The good news if you can feel any good in this situation, is that loosing only one kidney will not require him to go on dialysis and he should be able to recover. I will say many prayers for your father and I hope that best and wich him much strength in his recovery.

Back to the Saladin. I may do a TMP Constant class. It was a model used during some dominion war footage so the debate is whether she was just a domion war kitbash or perhaps a twin nacelled saladin refit that was brought out of mothballs. I could see why starfleet would add a nacelle to the saladin as the single nacelled design was never popular with starfleet and it is much less efficient warp field.

What do you guys think? Saladin-Refit or Constant?
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Anjel really sorry to here about your dad, hopes and prayers for a quick recovery.
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

robert_defore wrote:Back to the Saladin. I may do a TMP Constant class. It was a model used during some dominion war footage so the debate is whether she was just a domion war kitbash or perhaps a twin nacelled saladin refit that was brought out of mothballs. I could see why starfleet would add a nacelle to the saladin as the single nacelled design was never popular with starfleet and it is much less efficient warp field.

What do you guys think? Saladin-Refit or Constant?
Thank you very much guys !!! i really appreaciate your support.

About constant class, i´ve tryied to watch some images, but i can´t right now at my job, maybe later in my home. So i can´t tell you what i think. If you are able to post an image i would be be really thankfull. As far as i know i rally like the TMP akula refit, looks better than with just one nacell as in TOS.
Live long and propser
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

The Constant in my mind is the refit of the Saladin because starfleet realized the limited use of single nacelle design. A scout needs to be ablt to move with and ahead of the main fleet body, with a single nacelle on the Saladin this just wasnt possible to achieve.

Here are some images of the stage model used during the battle with the dominion. Couldnt find the actually video image, but I understand that it was not clear enough to make out anyway.

These I believe make a much better refit, and the hull registration number indicates a production during this time era.
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

mmmmm.... it´s a really interesting ship, i like both. But you are right, looks much more threatening with two nacells, and think that would be more variety too.
Live long and propser
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

i will start work on this one, I can do both actually they are very similar and once I apply the textures I can simply delete the unneeded parts from the Constant and make a singe nacelled design. In fact if I recall correctly from playing a Genertions mode from SFC3 there was a TMP version with a single nacelle , but it was called the Durrett.

One other question. I seen a Davids and Okinawa class in both of those games and was wondering what you thought about those. I loved the okinawa classs, it was so cheap and you could pack it with weapons. But anywho, tell your father to be well and confident. The most important thing is ppl letting him know they care and that he is not a burden. That was my problem when I first went on Kidney Dialysis, I thought I was being a burden on everyone, but my family have been a great support. It sounds like you are already doing this by spending all your time at the hospital. Your support will help give your father strength.

I apologize if maybe I shouldnt be saying things like that. Before I became ill I was a youth pastor and I always feel the need to help ppl more than just saying kind words that feel good but dont really help.
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

thank you very much for your support, it is encouraging to hear it from you, who has been through a similar situation, and knowing that my support helps him a lot makes me feel better.

I could see the Okinawa only, but i really like that one, thoug i think, is it from SFC2??? instead of SFC3. Well doesn´t matter. It would be quiet a challenge to make TMP ships, because the saucer are a little bit different for example, so you have to be carefull to not fall as a TOS ship. But you are doing wonderful !!! :D
Live long and propser
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Actually I only changed the Saucer a little bit, the bridge and impulse engines had to be competely redone though. You can download a mod called generations at war it has a tone of models and good textures. It would be almost impossible to convert the models directly as they are not designed with BSP in mind and also the vert limit is far exceded by even the most simple models. But they are good as templates.

I glad that helped and I am very glad he will not have to deal with dialysis, it really stinks and makes you tired all the time.
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

hi there people !!!, well it´s time to post some progress, it´s really close to be finish, here are some pictures from creator, so it´s an example as how it would be look like in game :

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hope you like it, i know it isn´t "wow it was worth the waiting...", but well, i just wanted to finish it and go on with the tons of thing there´s left to do, lol
Live long and propser
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Don't sell yourself short Anjel....each of your creative work is worth waiting.....I watched Breen's video on how to do models and to be honest it grounded me.....I have no skills at all whatsoever so every pieces of art that you and Robert and the other modders are making are welcome and worth waiting.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

'Wow' thats the first word that came to mind when i saw this...

As always Anjel your models are beautiful. I look forward to seeing this.

Keep you the hard work. Very impressive work.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Amazing work, mouth watering :P
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

thank you very much guys !!! :D , i think in a few hours i´ll finish this model... hope so... lol
Live long and propser
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

If you ever take a mind to texture one of my models, with one of your work of art textures go right ahead, you can even take full credit for the creation, lol. Your work is amazing, and you really must take your time with the textures as you can tell, I rush a little too much. :roll:

Return to “Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX”