Coming Saladin/Hermes class (TOS)

Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Coming Saladin/Hermes class (TOS)

Post by anjel »

Hi there, here´s a preview of the ship, with 906 polys and 909 vertices, there´s left only the texture:

Don´t know Peter1981, if you want this ship as TMP too !!! :)

Well, hope you like it guys. :D
Live long and propser
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

TMP would be nice if you add the torpedo launcer like that TOS Akula and TMP Akula from KA (nice to have that as well?? -- Sorry just adding to your work list :( )
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

lol, don´t worry, i don´t have much time right now to see what told me, but later i will have the time. I wish you happy new year men and for all !!!!
Live long and propser
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

anjel.....it looks great...looking forward to see it completed.....can't never stop using the proto miranda that you created....actually added it to the AAM and I'm amazed by your design...keep up the good work
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Anjel you are awesome. Keep this stuff up and you will make alot of ppl very happy :)
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

now if all the mods could go up to level 15.....I'd be really happy...'cause I like having all the new ships in the mods hehehe
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

You know this is a nice model. And all we really need for TOS era ships , TMP also is the major components modelled then they can be used for all of the ships from the era. Nacelles , Saucer things like that. Primary texture for those parts is most likely reusable. By the way, I seen a question regarding the location of the navigational deflector on the Saladin and Miranda classes. If you look at some older spec sheets they show an alternate navigational deflector located at the bow in the saucer. Usually depicted by three circles at the forward edge. If I can find one of those spec sheets I will post an image for you guys.

On the TMP miranda the navigational deflector is made up of two dishes on the upward strut that connects the Photon Torpedo Pod, just in front of the phasers located there. I never did like those huge bowl shaped deflectors anyway.

edit: here is the page with the Saladin Spec Sheets on it.

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/bl ... din-06.jpg
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

The Constitution has those three openings too, so I'm not convinced they're supposed to be some kind of deflector.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/memor ... C-1764.jpg

http://www.unitedtrek.org/Lexington/Con ... saucer.jpg

And I'm sorry to say that the specs on the Saladin you posted are fan-made and not really based on those from the original Star Fleet Technical Manual.

You can find scans of those original depictions at the top of these two pages:

http://www.trekmania.net/the_fleet/utop ... tolemy.htm

http://www.trekmania.net/the_fleet/utop ... aladin.htm

And hee some other fan-mad renders (in addition to those above) that should show in even greater detail how it mihgt look based on the original concept by Franz Joseph:

http://www.sfbnexus.com/Federation/fed_dd2.jpg

http://www.sfbnexus.com/Federation/Fed_TT%202.jpg

Particularly in case of the Tug this makes a lot of sense since this way the dish can also protect the undeslung pod from interstellar dust.

We've also seen Mirandas without any kind of "rollbar" like the Lantree
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Lantree

So it's more likely that ships like this would simply use their standard deflector/shield array for this porpose (which would also explain how ships like the TOS Romulan BoP or the Klingon D7 do it).
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

well, when i´ve searched images from this starship class over the internet, i think i found the ones without deflector disc. But i didn´t pay attention to those ones, because i just assume the TOS ships must have that uggly disc, as the original constitution in TOS.

EDIT: i think we are talking about the deflector disc... :oops:
Live long and propser
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

I'm not sure what your original, unedited post said (I missed that one) but yeah, that's pretty much what I gathered too.
It's about the deflector dish. :)
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Any update on the Saladin's textures anjel? hehehehehe

I totally love watching your Proto Miranda going into battle....looking forward to see more TOS era ships
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

Army37 wrote:Any update on the Saladin's textures anjel? hehehehehe
Not yet, i´ve been busy with another vessel, i just will say i´m incursionating in the borg area. It almost finished, so as soon as it´s done i´ll definitly finish texturing the saladin.
Army37 wrote: I totally love watching your Proto Miranda going into battle....looking forward to see more TOS era ships
Thank you very much !!!, i like people enjoying the game with a tiny contribution on my side :lol: :D
Live long and propser
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

You're welcome anjel, without guys like you we wouldn't enjoy ourselves so much
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Anjel , where you going to make the TMP version of the Saladin. I am currently working on a TMP Akula to go with my TOS models and was just wondering if you had any plans to do this. The TMP Saladin would be very simple to make with the parts I have, just have to delete the upper nacelle and support pylon then it would be ready.

I let you ponder on that , I dont want to steal your thunder. I will go ahead a release the Akula then you can let me know.
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

please, be my guest !!! :D , i am totally confident you´ll get a fine design for the TMP saladin, as i could appreciate in your akula post, looks really promising so far, and with the wire view, looks like it is in the shipyard :lol:

I was about to start all the models i left undone, but a few weeks ago, my father was diagnosed with kidney cancer, the right kidney was removed and now he´s in the hospital recovering, so these days when the end of the labor day finish, i go to the hospital then sleep and all over again the next day. Sorry to post this news, i know it can be sad to read something like this, but i feel i had to explain why i´m not doing anything for the moment.

I´m eager to start all over again, i have a lot of ideas about making the vesta refit, the klingons TOS era and... some borg ships... 8O, the immense and tholian station togheter with their ships... :D
So when the time comes... the wheel will ride again 8O (did i say it ok?) lol
Live long and propser

Return to “Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX”