Ptolmey Tug/Colony Ship (TOS) is here!

Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Thanks RD looking forward to seeing this :) I'd prefer the deflector hangs from the sauser as the moduals are detachable this just makes more sense to me. Keep up the good work. When you've done them both could we have a side by side comparison? -- no rush thanks again.
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

don´t forget to show me where did you get that deflector dish texture, it´s really good one. :D
Live long and propser
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Anjel, you can get the texture off the origional akula ship pack. Just unzip and use the are off of texture. Nevermind I will just post the image for you off the Ptolmy I am working on. It is in the bottom right hand corner. I just mapped both the dish and the support from the same spot on the texture.

there you go, anything anyone needs just let me know and I will upload the file.
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Here is the Action view of the Ptolmy with Single Container

edit: this is a compeltely redone model and textures by the way. I should have the 2 container model ready in about an hour look for the updated here with the new renders.
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

robert_defore wrote:Here is the Action view of the Ptolmy with Single Container

edit: this is a compeltely redone model and textures by the way. I should have the 2 container model ready in about an hour look for the updated here with the new renders.
I don't know if you noticed but the writting on the sides and the nacelles are backward.
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Glad you caught that Army. It has now been corrected and here is the link to both the single and double container ship packs.

TOSPtolmy2.zip
TOSPtolmy1.zip

And as you requested Peter1981 here is a side by side picture party.....
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

wow RD your whipping through these I was expecting these round friday!! love them! :)
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

I agree with Peter....they are awesome dude....thanks very much!
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

glad you guys like them. Like I said in another thread, once you have the basic parts of a federation ship you can pretty much just cut and paste all the parts togather and then there you go, new ship.

Also I have almost finished the remake of the TOS Akula i had released earlier. I hope you guys like all these. And Anjel, lookign forward to yout Saladin when its finished. I am going to work on a TMP version of these, I just have to get the TMP Nacelle finished and I will have all the parts I need for those ships.

I am going to redo the hull on my Fed model at somepoint. I will post an update render before I finalize it so you guys can critic the model.
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

I put up a link for the upgrade on your Federation design to the ST2-ST6 era if you're interested to look at it. It's located in the other Federation Class Forum.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Impressive work robert keep the shipyards busy lol :P
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

robert_defore wrote:And Anjel, lookign forward to yout Saladin when its finished.
me too !!! :lol: 8O. Yeah, i have to take a break and complete it once and for all, just textured the upper and lower saucer section and apply common shared textures.

But we´re on this thread to appreciatte and delight our eyes with your models, i really like what you´ve done here, the textures looks amazing with out even compromising the mesh. I really like the progress you´ve reach by now, can´t wait to see TMP vessels !!!

Btw, is there any chance you send me a more detailed texture of the deflector dish ???? thanks in advance !!! :)
Live long and propser
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

I will look for a more detailed texture, but the only one I have is going to be at 512 or 1024 size. I will PM you with a copy once I locate it. Did you click on the picture to go to the download or just get it off the forum?

Return to “Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX”