TOS Pack update

Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Just now getting the feeling to do some modding again. Really broke my heart when I lost all the models. But I have used the time to study some existing models and think of new ways to cut the poly count. I really will miss my Connie though, she would have been beautiful. Must remake her all the better now. It will take some time to recompose the diffrent segments. I had created the hull parts all seperate then pasted them togather during construction. So I will start again with the saucer and nacelle then start from there.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Glad to here you've recaptured the modders bug -- looking forward to seeing this Connie when you've done it.
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Got the major parts of the Federation Class ready. I hope you where not doing this one as well Anjel. If you are let me know and I will back off and let the better modeler do the job, lol. Really , you are awesome at this. Either way , I just have to put it togather and texture it.

By the way , I found a way to really cut down on the vert count with the Fed Class. It actually is easier to do than the Connie was b/c it is really a more simple design, less bumps and extrusions, lots less curves and spheres to be modeled.

I may jump ahead of my TMP models and do a Challenger and Freedom model from the TNG era, if I can find some good schematics. Or I may try to convert a model from another game, havent tried that yet and dont know how it will work. I hope that is not unethical to do , as long as credit is given. I am sure someone here can lead me in the right direction about that.

Hope you guys like these
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

looking forward to the federation class :D any chance of posting a picture m8?
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

nope, i´m not doing the federation class.
Post some images :D
Live long and propser
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

I havent put the parts together yet. Once I get the pieces in place I will post a picture of the model, It will take a little while longer to get the textures posted. Give me a few days and I will post the "alpha" version of the Fed model.
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

All the links on the first page are of remodeled or new models. They all use a common palette so you don t have to choose between my ships and the other fine ships that are out there. Also all are 8slots and use a common scaling refrence as suggested by Thunderchero. An excellent idea.

Special thanks to Anjel , Dr Breen and Thunderchero for all thier help and others for there watchful eye and all thier support. You guys are great!

Return to “Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX”