RD's Ships of The Eras

Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

Do we need a new TMP Constitution Model?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:55 pm

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 5

robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Im taking a break for two days to play STO, I am burned up that the creator keeps causing my ships to have missing polys in game. It just caused this to happen on a model I had previously seperated just fine without any thing wrong with them. I went back and retexrured the Fed and tried to seperate it then it just eneded up without about half its polys in game. If anyone know why this sometimes happens let me know and I will get back to fixing my models, but right now my brain is fried and I dont want to try anything else at the moment. Ill be back at work wednesday, lol.
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Im going to take the registration numbers off the TOS Hulls as I have noticed they do weird things in the battle environment, like streaking smearing, doubling under the hull, things like that. Perhaps immersion would not be ruined if that stopped happening. Next week TC will be placeing a link in the Downloads section with all my so far completed works. But updates will continue and new models most now from other empires will soon be complete so keep an eye out.

TOS and TMP Rommies and Klingons are on the list, I will leave the Cardassians and Dominion to others. The Borg are pretty much in good hands. Speaking of good hands , someone better hurry and take these off mine before I screw up some more good ships :twisted: Anyway keep an eye out and I will post updates in this thread. Watch for Version numbers behind the ships, for instance already the TOS Akula V2 or version 2 has been posted. It sports an engine glow and improved texture mapping of the saucer ring. Which by the way , I will be using that texture on all the saucer rings for the TOS period in refit cycle 2

EDIT: The Challenger may be beyond my reach at the moment. After fixing the problem with the dissappearing polys, I am now having trouble getting her below the required amount of verts. It seems that the Creator is not my friend the past few ships I have tried. But do not fear, I shall not be defeated, the Federtation will prevail, oh yea, I joined Section 31, :lol:
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Can't wait for the Roms & Klings TOS & TMP ships really looking forward to these :) -- have fun with the STO see you soon.

Return to “Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX”