TNG Freedom Ship Pack Released

Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

TNG Freedom Ship Pack Released

Post by robert_defore »

I will lump all my ship packs togather in one huge Ship Pack Thread so its easier to find them rather than go through all the ship pack threads.

Here is the TNG Freedom a single nacelled Frigate or Destroyer, around the Ambassador, but all the pics I could find where TNG Galaxy type technology so I went thay dirrection with her construction. She will joined soon by her sister the USS Challenger class of Destroyer. The Freedom is a nice varient on the Saladin in the 24th century, perhaps Starfleet didnt learn her lesson afterall. But nonethe less they also got the USS Challenger class which is a dual nacelled vertical stack in the same way the Saladin was to the Akula. So here we have the cannon or at least soft cannon version of a 23rd century ship set. And yes there was a three nacelled verion of the Ambassador to go along with the single and dual nacelled versions of these smaller craft, its called the USS Niagra. You can find them in the Fed Ships on DITL.ORG Heres the pics.
TNG Freedom Ship Pack
http://www.4shared.com/file/Sya1DGx_/TN ... _Pack.html
Action View

Ship Pack
TNG Freedom_Ship_Pack_2.zip
Last edited by robert_defore on Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Robert, are you planning to do a TMP Troop Transport and Colony ship for TMP era?

Btw, just installed your Freedom Class into my extensive Federation shiplist....it does look good and it's a nice ship for the Saladin Refit upgrade. I played last night with your ships and to be honest botf is getting more and more exciting with what you've been adding lately
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Army37 wrote:Robert, are you planning to do a TMP Troop Transport and Colony ship for TMP era?

Btw, just installed your Freedom Class into my extensive Federation shiplist....it does look good and it's a nice ship for the Saladin Refit upgrade. I played last night with your ships and to be honest botf is getting more and more exciting with what you've been adding lately

The Challenger Class is hot too!

Not too much with the Niagara....maybe a variant of the Ambassador with a 3rd nacelle just like the Galaxy X would look better
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Yea, Im not too excited about the Niagra personally. I think sometimes they just put the new parts in the same old places. But if you look at the detail some of these newer ships have, the Challenger actually has what could be considered a through deck hanger on the secondary hull. Two hanger doors on the very aft then a vertical launch are with doors just below the top nacelles buzzard scoop.

I will of course evetually run out of ships or steam, and I really do not think I have the talent or resources to redo every ship out there. Just too much, but I am really suprised someone has not already done some of these. I guess the veterans get tired and us novices become veterans... :lol: Oh well back to the grind stone. Though I must say, I think something big might be in store as several ppl have told me to save all my work so it can be editted for a possible "major release in computers". Maybe there gonna update the combat engine in the game, or maybe BOTF2 we can all dream!!! :twisted:
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Well you and anjel gave us quite a lot of new ships to have fun with for a while....the other modders I guess some of them are working either on botf 2 or Supremacy game and maybe the rest are kindda busy with regular life obligations such as work, family or school.
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Im not sure if I know of any good ships to use for a colony or troop transpport from the TNG era. If you have any ideas I would be glad to give them a shot. Just hope there are some good pics and what now so the textures wont be a nightmare. But yea, Ill do them if you find something for me to make Ill give it a try.

You know Ive been playin this game since it came out and have been sneaking around makin my own personal "all the eras" mods with adding ships and editting costs and production and what not, I should have been more active with the community and learned how to edit code and stuff long ago. I actually knew hot to program quite a bit in QBasic back in the day, I just dont have the patience to deal with programing now.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

YES! This will make a good heavy transport here! :D Unless its specified as a frigate?
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Are you talking about the Freedom class being used as a heavy transport, I didnt understand which ship you where refrenceing too about being an excellent transpost ship?. :?:
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Yes, this ship, with no engineering hull, would only make sense to be a transport.. all that room for troops :shock:
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Sounds good to me, kinda makes sense also. In SFC3 they use old cruiser hulls and weak ships to eventually become a transport, or at least thats what they put in the class history description. The TNG Challenger should be ready sometime today or tomorrow it has what I beleive is a huge shuttle hanger attached behind the saucer, but it is dual vertical stack nacelle type vessel. I will post some pics once I get the secondary hull textured here in about an hour or two.
drtsatx2
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by drtsatx2 »

wow thats awesome... i would love to see those in action!
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

I didnt see the part where you asked if it was specified as a Frigate. Yes, the sites I have visisted said it was used as a frigate and scout in concert with the Ambassador and Galaxy classes. It is supposed to have an Ambassador type bridge to begin with then it is later found to be too slow for its scouting role, and so it is turned over to be fitted with the newer Galaxy and Nebula style nacelles which drasticaly increase speed and performance. This also pushes starfleet to place those nacelles on many older models from Ambassadors time, like the Challenger, the Niagra and some others I cant remember right now.

I actually have the Challenger ready I just cant get rid of this missing polygon problem Im having with every model I seperate in the creator, they just will not stop dissappearing. And the thing is they jump from one end of the ship to the other between seperations, its crazy. Alsmost like I have reacher my limit for seperations and am being told politely its time to stop.

I wish someone could help me with this so I could move on a design some final Fed ships then move on to the early Klingon and Romulan designs.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

the freedom class to me looks like a tng version of the saladin -- like the constiution lead to the excelsior, ambassidor, galaxy and sovereign
robert_defore
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robert_defore »

Yea thats how I look at it, but your the President, you can give whatever orders make you feel good. Actually any ship with the Galaxy type hull would be an awesome troop transport. The Nebula, would be good because you could load up to 20000 I think is the given number and use the pod as somesort of detachable landing craft or stuff its iterior with huge amounts of transporter pads.

SFC 3 is good place to get ideas and some decent fan fiction regarding the ships. I know some ppl are all about canon and canon only, but the idea behind the whole Star Trek idea is to get ppl to think, what is possible. No limits. The Freedom, Challenger, Nebula, New Orleans, Galaxy are all designed with a huge evacuation limit, in the thousands. So they are great at evacuating your marines from one planet to anther, LOL.

But not having an engineering hull dedicated to holding all that fuel storage equipment and the warp core, you are actually loosing space to hold marines and the shuttles and transporters to beam them down. The Challenger Class , would in my opinion serve a dual function light assault destroyer with its enlarged shuttle complement and through deck hanger design and also as a powerful destroyer design capable of lauching fighters also.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

I remember getting the 7 seasons of TNG on DVD and each set had the fully labled deck by deck blue prints all 42 decks of the galaxy class layed out...

anyway my point is this there was space on the lower deck just lable for expansion! And on the subject of cannon IIRC the Galaxy clas had a complement ~1024 and could transport upto 4000 colonist and supplies!!

It is therefore easy to speculate that the TNG era ships had a vast capacity to store transport and deliver supply and personel.

Return to “Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX”