Armored voyager?

Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

borgpow
Ensign
Ensign

Armored voyager?

Post by borgpow »

I saw a ship pack called voyager ship pack and it hand a great armored voyager ship I have found a buggy version from the delta quadrant mod but I know there was a better one I actually found a voyager ship pack and it have the pics of the armored one but no hobs I was wondering if anyone had it I will only use it to add to my personal mod for when u reach the end of the game and Borg come I want a battle like in the show watch Borg cubes explode
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Armored voyager?

Post by thunderchero »

armored intrepid is tough to find, this is due to even the one I created was not very good.

but it is part of the "misc ship pack"

btw no need to post and PM same question.

I do not respond to general questions via PM.
borgpow
Ensign
Ensign

Post by borgpow »

sorry wasnt sure no one has answered my posts or PMs relly but i also dont say much i just wasnt sure wat was the best way but i really appreciate the response and now i know to just post something not PM u but question how do i get the mpr++ it seems easier to add my own ships to that and i would have tried making my own voyager or anything else if i had multigen creator for the original botf
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Post in this topic and one of the guys will send you the MPR++ link via PM: viewtopic.php?p=37920#p37920

But AFAIK MPR++ uses an outdated graphic engine (OGRE?), so I'm not sure whether creating new ships is recommended?
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

It uses a very outdated version of Ogre3D: 1.8.2 (Byatis) while today they actually are at version 13.4, released Jun 7, 2022.
Since the basics kept same it should not be too much effort to update and patch the ship models and stuff. However, beside all efforts, it is still way off from other engines that could be used for free nowerdays. So whenever I manage to proceed on the project, I will rather look into porting it to some more advanced engine.

Still, when you do some new ship, it is just a matter of exporting it to either format, and it is indeed both easier to export to mpr++ than the original BotF format, plus it allows for much more detail. Therefore it is also way more likley to be re-used when at some point of time we port it to another engine.

In any case you should provide original files of your favored 3D modelling program with appropriate copyright notice. TC will be happy to archive files in his inexhaustable file treasure. :)

Return to “Showcase Ships/Stations/3D-FX”