disassembler help/energy screen project

Energy Screen with 15+ Building Buttons + patchtool; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

disassembler help/energy screen project

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I have made minor changes to these files but I need a major change.

the 2 wdf files that control energy and build screens energy project rar

vanilla energy screen

vanilla build screen

new energy screen (this image was edited)

if this is possible to get done we would be able to scroll though building that require energy when extra special buildings are added. and with DCER main structure findings and gowron tech increase for main building this is very much needed.

this is just an idea I have and will keep tring to understand wdf file better, But could use some help here.

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

I've moved stuff around in the past, but never added anything.

If this is possible, we should try figuring out how to add a horizontal scrollbar (like the one where you get to scrap buildings) not a vertical one, because botf will probably just be adding buildings to the right of the two lists (special and defense).
kingy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by kingy »

I know iam not any were near as good with this as, you pro's,

but how about making the icon's smaller, so that more fit on the one page,
ive got no idea if this could be done or work, but just a idea on how

kingy
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Update

I started finding out what things do in this file type. I started with the hs_cbkg.tga and hsolcur.wdf as DCER suggested for horizonal bars.

here is hs_cbkg.tga

the left and right buttons at bottom are the subject of this post.

Here is the info I got from wdf file

I was able to move the arrows any where on hs_cbkg.tga even where other tga's were but arrows were always underneath other tga's. and if I could click on them they worked (if completly underneath anouther tga button could not be clicked).

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Progress report,

Well image below looks very promising but still have some problems :cry:

I have removed text for "Special" and "Defense" and move text for "Orbital Batteries". This has given me room to add 2 more rows of structures. Now the problem, I am still limited to 7 structures per pair of rows. I only moved the last one from each top row to next row as an example, But this is a working in game image.

I still am looking for the code to add more structures, And will keep looking :wink:

thunderchero

EDIT:
this might also be able to be used to edit ship weapon descriptions? each entry in wdf file has a link to lexicon.dic. Also I just removed text entry in lexicon.dic to remove text for special and defense.
daniel
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by daniel »

You could do this project in the screen "Intelligence" in the description of the reports in the section "Detail Report". This would be very useful because of some reports messages texts are very long and can not be read in full. Your system of arrows from bottom to top is truly revolutionary after what I have just seen in this topic. :wink:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

just an update without source code to extend trek.exe only minor changes can be made. project has been discontinued.

thunderchero
daniel
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by daniel »

What a pity!! It was good as project.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

AAAAAARRRRGHHHHH

so we can only have 6 structures in a row?
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

7 but yes

EDIT; I will keep all the files, if later this becomes possible. but after some time it looks like double each line would be best option. this image was photo shoped to add more than seven but other than that I can move any thing any where.

thunderchero
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

In hopes someone might have an idea how to help, I will try to explain where I am at and the problem I have.

first what can be done.

WDF file:

1. you can move images or anything around within the main tga file.

2. you can edit images that are used.

3. you can edit image sizes.

4. you can edit text that is used in lexicon.dic, you can even leave blank like I did with defense and special

trek.exe:

nothing yet other than switching some contols commands seems to work.

Here is area of trek.exe that has codes for hsenergy.wdf file:

lets start with what I have found.

each set of 12 bytes has a matching entry in hsenergy.wdf file, let start with first 12 bytes.

0E 00 00 00 this is the type of object (text) for images it would be (0D 00 00 00).

60 09 00 00 this is the matching code that is in hsenergy.wdf file. All codes are in highlighted area above.

00 02 00 00 I think this is the command used in trek.exe I have switch this with other entrys and that code changed the postion or type depending on what was changed.

my idea was to find where in exe it starts using the 3-4 bytes (total 12 bytes) for each entry, and tell it to use 3-2 bytes (total 6 bytes) for each entry.

since the code has gaps between command area for images and text. Here is example of first image I want to add. vanilla is 90 01, 94 01 ect. and add one between so it would go 90 01, 92 01, 94 01 ect so it would add commands between each existing commands?

I have no idea if this would work or not but this is my thoughts.

I have not found anything in hsenergy.wdf file that says the file size but if size is increased game crashes not sure if this is due to incorrect data in file (not matching in trek.exe) or the size of file. NOTE: some races file size is differant. So I am thinking wrong format of new data or not matching trek.exe entries.

well that is what I have so far got any ideas?

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

i do not understand the coding stuff at the moment, but i am curious. what happens if you edit the image size and decrease them? will the space between them increase or will it free up space for some more pictures?
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Dr_Breen wrote:i do not understand the coding stuff at the moment, but i am curious. what happens if you edit the image size and decrease them? will the space between them increase or will it free up space for some more pictures?
since there is only 14 codes for energy structures. you would just have smaller images. no more of them :(

thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

What happens if objects/codes in hsenergy.wdf (e.g. text for "Special" and "Defense") will be replaced by e.g. h_tabnx.tga &h_tabnxo.tga?
Does the button work if you adapt the matching 12 bytes sets in trek.exe according your current knowledge?
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:What happens if objects/codes in hsenergy.wdf (e.g. text for "Special" and "Defense") will be replaced by e.g. h_tabnx.tga &h_tabnxo.tga?
Does the button work if you adapt the matching 12 bytes sets in trek.exe according your current knowledge?
No my attempt trying this resulted in crash at game start up. same thing I get adding any bytes to hsenergy.wdf file. with same crash log. I think it is crashing due to trek.exe is looking for text and I have set to image but tried both ways with same results and crash logs. (sorry did not save logs) I am still hoping with a little help this may be possible.

thunderchero

Return to “Energy Screen with 15+ Building Buttons + patchtool”