Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Thanks Peter, I'll get it fixed.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Great no rush thou just kept freeking out when the kaylar kept becoming a malconian!! ;) thanks for the quick reply look forward to the update.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I'd also like to point out that you can't remove buildings from the civilization level under starting buildings in the latest edition.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Done.

I'll upload the new version in a couple of days when I finish implementing the option to edit lists of buildings in a saved game. Had it partially done two months ago, i thought I'd complete it now.

I couldn't reproduce the bug with the image selection in the race screen. For some reason the image always sticks for me, even in dev11e. I've cleaned up the code a bit now - hopefully that will fix the issue in the new version. Couldn't figure out what could be causing the bug :(
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

sorry to be a pain in the ass DCER - I have been wanting to ask for this for ages but never really wanted to bother you:-

Please is it possible to add some zoom functionality to the GUI -- I have a 1920 x 1080 x 32bit 32" monitor and sit 3-4ft away from the screen. However i find it difficult to read the screens in UE. Even just a doubling of the font size would be great. If this is difficult to implement (I don't know any java) then don't bother.

Thanks
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

I'll add the option, but the GUI wasn't made with this in mind, some newer screens might survive it - the older code will likely just produce unusable screens. I'll have to fix those that break later then (may take some time).
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Thanks DCER for the quick reply, hopefully a simple and quick solution is all it'll take; UE looked fine when i sat at a desk with the old desktop -- or on my laptop -- but multimedia platform needs bigger fonts. Thanks :)
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Ok, uploaded dev 12.

It has the option to set the font size. I was surprised that most of the screens worked off the bat, only a few required minor fixes. If you find any problems with the font size being bigger let me know.

Additional features are editing lists of structures in saved games and some bug fixes.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

The larger fonts are a great help - thanks for this DCER :)
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

No problem. :)
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Tethys wrote:I was under the impression that changing of all offsets containing 0A to something higher (eg 0F) would 'unlock' the propulsion techs somehow, but without knowing how custom range values are handled by UE and Botf there is no way for me to test it. Rereading SCTs post has given me the idea that its a space issue, that all the propulsion techs are handled in trek.exe and not by the tech tree, so Im assuming the only way to extend map ranges is to hex edit trek.exe and change reference pointers to compensate for smaller bytes.
The code space issue is solved via the shared bonus ranges option. So you just have to change 8 bytes in trek.exe (4 for shared ranges + 4 for the tech limits) and enter the shared bonus ranges in the UE menus for the former empire bonus ranges (ascending order: car/fed/fer/kli/rom).

Example: Gowrons fix option with tech limit 15(dec)

UE Menus for bonus ranges:

Card 1-11 = shared 0-10
Fed 1-5 = shared 11-15

Fed 6-11 & fer/kli/rom can be ignored.

Just do the maths! [EDIT: too clear words removed]

I see no reason that DCER sits down for hours to create complex case differentiations and new user interfaces(unless DCER can do this in a few minutes).
Last edited by Spocks-cuddly-tribble on Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:(unless DCER can do this in a few minutes).
I wish I was that fast :)

To be honest I'm not too keen on adding trek.exe editing features because all the different versions of changes can make the code quite complicated and prone to errors. A small change and it makes UE incompatible. I'm also considering just dropping support for the vanilla 1.02 version of trek.exe and only supporting the Joker's patch to make things easier.

But it's ok to ask, I might add it anyway. :)
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

does multi-mod 1.02 already contain jokers patch? if so then I can't think you'd need to continue the support for the CD original 1.02 vesion?

I also agree with SCT:-
I see no reason that DCER sits down for hours to create complex case differentiations and new user interfaces(unless DCER can do this in a few minutes).
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Sorry DCER minor issue with latest UE 0.7.1dev12:-

having loaded Stbof.res -

EDIT -> GALAXY -> MAXIMUM PLANET POPULATIONS

drop down menu 'Planet Size'

I cannot select 'medium' or 'large' it always reverts to 'small' weather using mouse or keybord navigation. (hope this is an easy one for you to fix)
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

As far as I know all multi mods are based on Joker's patch.

I'll have the bug fixed, thanks for reporting it!

Return to “Ultimate Editor”