Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

benkei
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

help

Post by benkei »

The error:
copy E:\ENGLISH\*.* into C:\botf\ENGLISH
can`t copy E:\ENGLISH to C:\botfENGLISH

ERROR 23 Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Visual aid:

# reinstall botf
# update to 1.0.2
# try install the mod again

Done.

suggestions...
Last edited by benkei on Tue May 27, 2008 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deano23285
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Deano23285 »

how about using some of the ships from the Uncivil war mod there were some greats ones in that mod
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Re: help

Post by DCER »

benkei wrote:The error:

Your botf CD is dying. You can get the backup from the downloads section if you don't have your own.
benkei
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: help

Post by benkei »

DCER wrote:
benkei wrote:The error:

Your botf CD is dying. You can get the backup from the downloads section if you don't have your own.
It is the back up lol
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Hm, then it could be a problem with your hard drive.

Might be a useful link:
link
benkei
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by benkei »

No joy, can anyone send me the mod without the installer ? :\ i'll just add it the old fashion way.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

to install UDMIII without using installer is not recemmended,

but here is how

extract all file from exe with winrar to an empty folder

copy trek.exe, test.wav, sh34w32.dll, mprp2.mpr, mprd3d.mpr, mpr565pm.dll, mpr565p.dll, mpr565m.dll, mpr565.dll, mpr555pm.dll, mpr555p.dll, mpr555m.dll, mpr555.dll, mpr97.dll, INTRO.WAV, gen.mpr to BOTF folder and overwrite all files.

next copy english folder from birth of the federation cd to BOTF folder

next copy F.avi, open.avi from english folder that is in mod folder from files you extracted from exe to BOTF\ENGLISH folder and overwrite files

next open stbof.res with winrar and add all files in mod folder (but not engilsh folder) to stbof.res

next open stbof.ini in BOTF folder with note pad and change CDPATH=?:\ (? is what drive you installed game from to CDPATH=C:\botf\ this will only work if you installed game to default location

next copy and rename sound.snd to botf folder and rename it to english.snd but may have to delete file of same name first or rename the file before coping to BOTF folder

now start game if you have done everything right do 1 turn and close game

reopen stbof.ini in BOTF folder and change 3D=SOFTWARE to 3D=3DFX

if I have remembered everything that should be it.

just a note if you are getting cyclic redundancy check the cd you are useing is bad and if you burned it from iso you need to reburn it to new cd at a very slow speed 4x or 8x this could even caused a bad install.

good luck!

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Wed May 28, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

benkei wrote:No joy, can anyone send me the mod without the installer ? :\ i'll just add it the old fashion way.
I agree to, also for people with old OS game PCs autoinstaller can be hell. One version with and another without autoistaller would be better for downloads.
EDIT: Thunder posted at the same time as I. See above. That has probably done!
siggi wrote:Even though we can now add ships, it remains to be seen how the AI deals with building them. Judging from past experience, the AI is quite limited in how many different types of vessels it will build, so it may not be guaranteed that every new ship we add will be build by the AI as well.
It might be possible with cleverly interwoven overlapping tech conditions.
siggi wrote:You may yet however suggest non-canon designs (like the Achilles-class from "Dominion Wars" had already been suggested in the past), but their addition will be subject to thorough consideration and usefulness of the design. If there is an overwhelming public support for any special design, even though it may be non-canon, it may well be added.
I'm also not a big fan of non-canon (Fed) designs being used in game. But for the Titan class, I would make an exception. It's a good combination of Galaxy form further developed with Sovereign hull. Much better than the ugly Galaxy-X.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

matress_of_evil wrote:Also, when I first met them they were neutral to me. The next turn they were cordial and were offering me friendship!
You can guess what I say: That's a mod-independent bug in BotF.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
crashpm
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crashpm »

my only suggestion is stick to the cannon designs. At least for feds, cause there are enough canon ones out there to use. Maybe some non-cannon for Dominion as we havnt seen many types of ships for them.
benkei
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by benkei »

i'll try burning it again at a slower speed, if i ever figure out how o.O
Turner
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Turner »

Hi guys,

i have loaded the mod a few days ago and it is still amazing to see the swarm of dominion fighters fighting against Excelsiors and Galaxys. Remembers me on some good old DS9-Episodes long time ago^^

The new textures looks great and makes the ships more realistic. But i am missing the damage textures and the explosions on the ships after the shields have failed. Is it possible to add them? They would real enrich the 3D-Combat-Scenes.

I also have found a rudimentary bug in the trade system. The Dominion is still able to trade without having a friendship treaty. They also could see all system names from the other empire by having a non-aggression-treaty. I know that are Ferengi features, but perhaps you could fix them in the interest of a fair balancing.

I hope you continue the work on this great mod.
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

The dominion being able to trade without treaty cannot be fixed as of right now but to balance it out a bit they need a large population for a trade route.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
benkei
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by benkei »

Okay re burned iso onto slowest speed I could 8x same err... oh wait it f***ing worked. <3 hugs pls

EDITED; please watch langage please
sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

Why burnthe ISO, use daemon tools to create a virtual drive like most of us do. You will find that you have much shorter load times, or use one of the no-cd mods and do away with it all together.
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned

Return to “Modding Information Archive”