Tournament Idea

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Tournament Idea

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone

My Idea is to have a modified version of 1.0.3 again and create a flag ship for each race, and object would be to take out any way possible your opponents flag ship for victory? flag ship would be given at start of game and could never be built. by human or AI. Flag ship would be 2-3x better than best command ship stats. And have med maps and large maps.

randoms and borg off though out
round 1: t5 med some minors ireg hard
round 2: t4 med some minors ireg hard
round 3: t4 large some minors ireg imposs
semi : 4t large few minors ireg imposs
finals : t3 large no minors ireg imposs

Any thoughts

thunderchero
kingy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re: Tournament Idea

Post by kingy »

[quote="thunderchero"]Hi Everyone

My Idea is to have a modified version of 1.0.3 again and create a flag ship for each race, and object would be to take out any way possible your opponents flag ship for victory? flag ship would be given at start of game and could never be built. by human or AI. Flag ship would be 2-3x better than best command ship stats. And have med maps and large maps.

thunderchero[/quote]

wow, that i like.... put that on any mod and people will love it, i know i do

klingy
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I have created a mod that uses a Flag Ship as your starting ship. The flag ship can not be built by human or AI so you only get one per race per game.

I am hoping this will be used in next tournament so just wanted to get some opinions first.

Flag Tournament.exe

mod background:

Base is 1.0.3 modified
Trades routes have been lowered so you get 1 trade route per 309 population so each home system will have at least 1.
The Ferengi Franchise Office has been decreased to 2 trade routes.
Flag Ship stats are based on command ship II for each race most stats were doubled and some were tripled.
All flag ships have med range speed of 3 scan of 3
Flag ship mantiance was cut to less than half of command ship II.

Now the 2 drawbacks I have seen.

1. when going into battle it will group the flag ship with all other fast attack ships.

2. When in battle and slecting flag ship it shows type as fast attack.

The way flag ships were added was.

first copies of command ship II for each race. Renamed and edited and selected as special ships

Utopia Planitia bonus changed to industry

trek exe was edited to show structure 318 (there is none) for build special ships at 0xF31DB. 0xF31D0 to 0x74 and 0xF31CF to 0x05 for all races to have special ships.

I also used DCER's How the AI decides what ship type to build to stop AI from building Flag Ships.

Changed scouts to fast attack same as destroyers. (this could also have AI building more destroyers than scouts)

lexicon edited for discriptions.

check it out and tell me what you think. also this is beta version. and has limited testing.

planned updates could be:
improved ship models (low poly)
correct discriptions (if possible)
more total starting system increase (maybe 25-50%)
auto upgrade for outpost to starbase?
starting home systems increase t1 1 systems, t2 2 systems, t3 3 systems, t4 4 systems and t5 5 systems.
More minor ships?

Also I might be rename to Multi-player mod?

thunderchero
dx_chaos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dx_chaos »

First of all - I really like flag ship as an idea and some of the other things you suggest like number of starting systems.

The one initial concern I would have would be the Romulans. With its ability to cover so much space, a ship like that could be a one man wrecking machine and with its cloak it could pick and choose its battles.

Might it be better to limit range and speed of flag ships a little and maybe make the Rom ship a little less formidable?

Still, a great idea - look forward to trying it!

Return to “Multiplayer Games”