All The Ages Mod: 1.1H Released 11/05/09

All The Ages Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Badbru
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Badbru »

So, a design choice then. That's cool. I can see the value in adding in a few with my Vorcha squadrons or maybe "3 + 6" Type iv and Type iii squadrons. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't some kind of oversight error. Perhaps adding one as a command element to a mixed scout and cruiser raiding group.

Does the lack of Torpedoes effect planetary bombardment though?
I expect it would, or atleast should, but I've no idea how the code works.
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

I like really much. One of the best MODs i´ve ever tried.

Keep the good work
Live long and propser
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Without torpedoes you can still tell them to bomb a planet but they won't inflict damage. it's the torpedoes that do the damage, hence why the manaul claimed strike cruisers were good for planetary attacks. (True because they had the weaponry to do so, false because their defences were cr@p)

That's one of the reasons why I re-named that ship group. Besides, if you're at the tech level to build them, the Vorcha's have better defenses to survive orbital attacks anyway :wink:

Cardie tactical ship has a good turn of speed, the Ferengi gives them a kinda new ship to play with and has heavy armour (unusal for them) Federation has the nebula and intrepid purely for the AI to build them, for all intents and purposes they're cruisers, the klingon I've already said and the Romulan has a boat load of heavy torpedoes.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Right, I've finally got round and ready to releasing 1.1c today..

All_The_Ages_mod_a.exe

readme.htm

Changes:

Angosians, Anticans, Tellerites, Naussicans and Selay are all spacefaring races now.

As such, I’ve retextured a couple of old vanilla ships for their use, except the Angosians because IMO the Ktarian ship looks a lot like the prison ship we see in TNG so they use that model.

I’ve also had to swap the Tellerites around with the Bandi because the Mintakan slot the Tellerites did occupy has such a slow technology advancement rate they weren’t able to build their ships. So all the relevant speech files, in game text etc has been swapped as well.

Klingon D-5 cruiser added, (formerly the Vanilla Muy’duj retextured by myself)

A couple of ships have been rescaled slightly.

Ferengi Marauder has been retextured again by myself. I gave it the darker brown/orange colour we see on screen now.

I am still using the UDM III sound files for the changed minor races.
I am still hoping to get ones from Beepo in the near future. When I do i'll release the sound files as a quick fix for anyone who's downloaded 1.1c and then update the installer and readme acordingly.

That aside, I can't see any more changes coming on this.

As usual, feedback, queries, bug reports welcome.

My 4shared folder
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

So stardust when you going to be ready to add to download section?

thunderchero
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

I'm just waiting for the new intro's which I should be getting today or tomorrow now and then that's it.

My 4shared folder
Halodude450
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Halodude450 »

Hey stardust, i download your 1.1c mod and i double click on the desktop icon and nothing happens, did i do somthing wrong? do i need multi installer? i just uninstalled it and i will install it again once i find out whats wrong :?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

yes you need multi 1.0.2 before installing All the Ages mod.

viewtopic.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewd ... ls&lid=143

thunderchero
Halodude450
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Halodude450 »

Ok yay it works! :D the mod is so fun! also, is there a way to use mudd aka cheats? i must know ASAP please! 8O
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

C:\botf\AAM\trek.exe -MUDD if you have to, though the game really is more fun without it :wink:

My 4shared folder
Halodude450
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Halodude450 »

Ok thanks for quick reply! i only use mudd for some money every now and again :wink:
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Righty people.

I've now got the new sound files that Beepo have done for me so I've re loaded 1.1c with them and the revised readme included.

But for anyone who've already downloaded 1.1c :

English.snd

Download english.snd and go to C:\botf\AAM and replace the old file :)

For those who haven't downloaded yet the final version:

All_The_Ages_mod_a.exe

And the readme:

readme.htm

Happy gaming :)

My 4shared folder
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

I dunno if this is known already I just read the readme and it didn't mention this. I don't remember if it has been mentioned in this thread already but I finally wanna play this mod which sounds ultra-promising. Therefore I'm too lazy to read the whole thread again. I refer to the newest multi installer version you released today.

I just started a tech 1 game as Feds. I had a non-terraformed planet of small size in Sol system (mercury at the right). I started terraforming. But as soon as I had given the order the "planet is beeing terraformed picture" (y'all know what I mean this yellow half planet overlay) shows a bigger sized planet. Not a great issue but maybe you'll release some patches or something so I wanted to mention it. It seems to affect the Sol system when playing as feds and Qu'onos as Klingons. Other systems & planets seem unaffected.

Great work stardust. Thank you for creating this mod. Can't wait to encounter the Planet Killer.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

I know why that is.

In order to ramp Sol's population up to 600 I had to set Mercury, Venus and Pluto to large planets.

So the game's detected you're terraforming them, detected they're large planets and using the large mesh.

I just hated the idea of looking at the system screen of all the empires and seeing all large planets so i've given them largle planets but got the them displayed as medium ones. So I dare say this little flaw's going to turn up elsewhere.

it's just me poncing about with cosmetics really :lol:

Happy hunting by the way :)

My 4shared folder
beepo
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by beepo »

I've been trying to add this but I get nothing. it sets up and then won't play. I'm doing something wrong. But don't know what.

Return to “All The Ages Mod”