Multiplayer game anyone???

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Multiplayer game anyone???

Post by chestermike »

Hi all, I have only today found out about this forum. I have won the game against the AI on all levels with the Federation, trying out different races now. Anyone fancy a multiplayer game? Really fancy the challenge. I can host or join, dont mind as I have a very powerful computer.

Thanks, Mike.
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

welcome to the forum mike ,we have a tourny going on at the present but there will be some free players up for a game no doubt .
most games are played in ewarzones "other games " lobby with thundercheros multi mod installer.regular "vanilla" games are still are played in the botf lobby,dont forget to make sure you have the same version, same mod etc as your opponent or you will be in a world of crash :)
c you in warzone
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

yea see you in #Other Games

- download warzone client from www.ewarzone.com first

- open ports 2301, 2302, 2303, 2304, 2350, 2400 and 47624 for trek.exe, lobbyclient.exe (c:\program files\warzone) and dplaysvr.exe (c:\windows\system32) in your firewall and router.

- then you'll be ready to play. Do a dx-port-test @ warzone first, to check if all ports are opened...

- switch windows firewall off ( no one needs this swiss cheese)
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

Thanks for the replies. I am fairly computer literate but really struggle with this port opening thing. Is it not just as easy to use a programme like Hamachi??? Cheers.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Hamachi? Gesundheit!

we have several threads about how to open ports and howto play on ewarzone here. So browsing the forum a little is an option I would prefer. Or just type in the "router model" you use + "opening ports" in google and I'm sure you'll find something what'll help you.
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

Done all that stuff you said, although the directx port test does not seem to want to work. Anyone up for that multiplayer game now?
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

chestermike,
warzone won't work unloess port test is functioning...

did you asign unique ip to your computer?

edit; viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

ruthlessferengi wrote:chestermike,
warzone won't work unloess port test is functioning...

did you asign unique ip to your computer?

edit; viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43
Right, thanks for the tips mate first off.

I assigned a static ip address to my computer and then forwarded all those ports I was supposed to. Took me 4 mistakes and over an hour but I am finally ready to play a multiplayer game.

Anyone fancy testing whether I can connect or not for me please? Leave a message with a time if you are willing to, or if you want a multiplayer game with me. Thanks.
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

Right, one last problem guys, please help. And dont forget I am thick so speak to me as if I was a child, lol.

Done everything I said above and did a DX port test on warzone and they all passed. Now I thought I would double check and some ports failed. I tried 5 tests and different ports pass or fail at what seems to be total random.

Whats the problem please people?
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

chestermike wrote:Right, one last problem guys, please help. And dont forget I am thick so speak to me as if I was a child, lol.

Done everything I said above and did a DX port test on warzone and they all passed. Now I thought I would double check and some ports failed. I tried 5 tests and different ports pass or fail at what seems to be total random.

The port test for port 47624 is buggy, sometimes it shows as passing and sometimes not, even if it is open. If other ports are failing at random, I'm not too sure; your IP isn't changing is it?
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

RSE_Chris wrote:
chestermike wrote:Right, one last problem guys, please help. And dont forget I am thick so speak to me as if I was a child, lol.

The port test for port 47624 is buggy, sometimes it shows as passing and sometimes not, even if it is open. If other ports are failing at random, I'm not too sure; your IP isn't changing is it?
Hope not after I took all that time setting up a static ip address. Any ideas people?
ruthlessferengi

Post by ruthlessferengi »

even if some of the ports are not closed, it may still work... give it a try
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

ruthlessferengi wrote:even if some of the ports are not closed, it may still work... give it a try
I can vouch for that - my suggestion and stupid as it sounds is its a matter of persistence.... :?

There are also several measures you can also use as well if you again dont get anywhere... :wink:

If you leave a time when u will be in wz maybe I can assist? :D

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

jonboylondon wrote:
ruthlessferengi wrote:even if some of the ports are not closed, it may still work... give it a try
I can vouch for that - my suggestion and stupid as it sounds is its a matter of persistence.... :?

There are also several measures you can also use as well if you again dont get anywhere... :wink:

If you leave a time when u will be in wz maybe I can assist? :D

JBL
I'm gonna be on warzone for the next half hour or so if anyone fancies joining me.
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

mike you'd be better of in the other games lobby, not the botf lobby :)
i'm in both right now trying to get your attention :)
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D

Return to “Multiplayer Games”