Season 2 2009 round 2 has started

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

enterprise
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by enterprise »

Me and carcher has just had a very interesting game, which we met very quick into the match!!

I had a very good fleet until his intel got me and made me lose that fleet. Then to top it all the feds came out of no-where and defeated my second fleet.

In all very good match! well done to carcher.
Omegaleader
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Omegaleader »

Me and Pigman just finished our game. I won.

I had a great start, great systems and 2 dilithium systems with polar and barren planets(for turbines and charge collectors) nearby. Wen he sieged the federation to boost his morale and gain experience, I allied with feds and got some tribute from them. I took the last ferengi planet turn 40ish and we met soon after the first time. First time we tried to battle, game crashed on my side and AI lost my fleet to him. We repeated it and when i was able to set my hc to ram his warbirds, things went different.

He gave up then, and playing on would not have been very interesting, because I had about twice the population and thrice the dilithium at this point.

Summa summarum: Good match, not very balanced because I had clearly better planets and a weak ferengi nearby. My second victory, thanks for game pigman.
Last edited by Omegaleader on Mon May 11, 2009 6:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Hi all

Omegaleader just beat me after about 59 turns after we had big battle, which I lost, after this things would have been hopeless so I conceeded.

I had Romulans with start systems both 140, but one of them could grow to 200 with terraforming. Omegaleader had 295 and 260, possibly after terraforming, so he had sweet systems. I don't think either of us had extra Dilithium.

We didn't meet each other until maybe 2 turns before battle, by which time he had already taken the Ferengi.

I was getting good intel attacks against Feds, Klings and Fergs, but with the poor resources couldn't build fighting ships and tts in the quantities required.

When we had our battle I had 9 Warbirds, about 5 scouts (4 Kling) and 17 Destroyers, I think, but he had maybe 2 or 3 Battleships, maybe 20 Heavy Cruisers, 3 destroyers or scouts and maybe 10 tts.

Battle kept crashing, but eventually we played it long enough for me to lose and I had nothing left.

So, well done Omegaleader, you played it well and this time I honestly don't know what else I could have done to make my situation better, so I can't complain

Regards

Pigman
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

ok even if I'm absolutely tired atm I'll write something about my game with JBL...

I was klings in the bottom left and he was cards at the top middle/right. I can't remember exactly when we met but it was late (some about 40ish). I instantly declared war at him and he began to intel me right away. Turn by turn. But it didn't bother me at all the whole game because it was the only thing he made all the time (except some diplomacy in the beginning).

His intel was freakin' hard but I decided to ignore it completeley :lol:

Therefor I made my game and watched JBL sitting around with his ships all the time in his home-system. If he had not inteled me I never had him even noticed ;)

long story short. I wanted to finish the ai of and conquered Romulans (after 2 fails :lol:) right next to me and in turn 133 I wanted to go for Sol but then he suddenly moved his entire fleet. So I decided to intercept him because I thought he would attack me. But he didn't. In our last turn (145?) we had our major battle @ cardassia.

I had only 19 k'vorts II and 51 scouts II. He had 24 hc2 I guess and 27 scouts or something. and 9 tt's. I thought I could win this battle until the last turn but should've given the orders more directly to the single ships. It was one of my lousiest fights ever I have to admit. I guess you see it yourself @last screenshot where my k'vorts are. that's what happens if you confound the groups. The one which should be in near to the enemy isn't it and otherwise the same... so my k'vorts were doomed :(

that's BotF. you play and wait for days until this one big massive fight and then you blow it up by yourself. :lol:

He had good systems btw. one was Tama with 515. He had 4 minors I had chalnoth and therefor I had early weapons 10. He was a little bit predictable with his intel and at the end I had 5500 by myself for internal security. :lol:

I guess I should've used it better for some k'vorts because you can't have enough of them. Never mind. Was a nice game and I had an a** full of minor fights with the ai and until the end I had a good chance to win. But blown it up ;)

Good luck in your next game JBL. I guess you'll need it.

btw I forgotten to switch random events off and not noticed it. JBl told me in 98ish and I switched it off but it didnt helped.

almost forgotten the screenshots I made during the game

here are some of them:

great thx from me to omegaleader for your awesome helpful trick with the taskmanager that saved myself some reboots. (keep it opend in the foreground and trek.exe as app or process marked than you can in case of a crash close it with ALT+T if apps are opened or ALT+P if processes are opened =german windows.

good luck for your further games dude even if you want to leave us as unbeaten champion ;)

at the end is to say that all my Klingon Warriors died honorful in battle and the dishonor is left by the person who derserves it. I wish all of you a nice tourney, less crashes in tactical combats and/or BotF itself ( and lesser "population-loss" for JBL's homesystem ;) )

QAPLA'

p.s.: Congratz @ carcher for his won game
Last edited by KrazeeXXL on Tue May 12, 2009 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

Just an update..... :D

BorgXXL and i have just finished our game.

I was Cards and he was Klings, we managed to complete about turn 145. 8O

I started with a very good second system and an ok third and quickly set about conquering the mizarians (well i declared war and they joined). It was a good 400 plus system so i decided to utilise this for some intel later in the game and only two stops away from Cardassia.

I spanned out and saw the anticans and the binars and tamarians as well and decided that with a 500 plus sytem :wink: the tamarians would be worth the money so i went to bribe them and stop feds getting them. The anticans though near cardassia went down to the ferengi so again i though not really worth freeing them till later, as did the binars (who had a tiny system).

I sent out scouts and realised the ferengi seperated us (i was top middle he was bottom left) so i planned to meet him asap and then pull back and bleed him with my intel like a halal pig and then just build build build..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: (mizar had dilithium as well!)

I met him in turn 20 and then pulled back - i found the ktarians and conquered them for morale. I then used the ferengi to build up my coffers with money till they had enough and then used them as a training ground.

turn 50 ish came.... and on board came tama with a nice high tech and online came the tamarian shipyards to compliment the intel which was flying (especially with ktarian game studio) and with the ferengi now joining with the klings i allied with the bank of federation and awaited hc to be reasearched. :wink:

I built up a fleet of mixed ships hc2 scouts and destroyers and then just carried on building - liberating antica as well, and then getting them to join with a 250 ish system with about 8 tech 9 ind fabricators so i just used again to top up intel in the same way as mizar using bribes scrap to update (mizar had about 15 intel centres by the end at t5 and antica about 10 at t4)

I noticed that xxl had taken the roms 8O but sometimes i find it better to leave races alone unless you really need them so i just left the ferengi alone and as mentioned used as trainng ground 8) ......However this was a slight worry as i though about the morale boost and the bouce back effect. However my intel was really hurting him all the time so ( i played a little trick) :wink:

I switched off half the intel centres on my large second system and waited as i knew he would be trying to build intel on romulus to try and defend. If he stopped my intel i would be worried a bit. And at about turn 85-90 ish he did. So i switched it back on and - along with mizar and antica later in game, kept him under the screw.... :twisted:

From about 90 onward i really was just sitting there awaiting his arrival when the intel became too much for him to cope with. It may seem as if all went fine but xxxl had forgot to switch off random. At about turn 100 a comet hit cardassia killing 50 million and wiping out my food stuff as well. The bout ten turns later earthquake on my second big system another 50 million dead and about 10-15 structures destroyed as well as a few special structures, then few turns later another earthquake on a 400 system another 50 million dead and food stuff gone!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

This worried me as this was a bit severe!! but thankfully i was able to buy almost everything back ok thanks to the Bank of Federation and there interest free no payback loans :wink: ............

He came eventually and we duked it out - i was left with 8 hc2 and 3tts and i also had another fleet attacking ferengi of 6 hc2 and 6scouts. Unfortunatelly i forgot to take any screen shots :cry: .... sorry - but the battle was a good one!! :P

Resistance is not futile.......

JBL
KrazeeXXL wrote:Therefore I made my game and watched JBL sitting around with his ships all the time in his home-system. If he had not inteled me I never had him even noticed ;)

Yip that was the plan!! I dont need to go on the offensive as i have intel advantage its what you do as the Cardies. I simply played to my races strength.....

" He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight"

or

"In making tactical dispositions, the highest pitch you can attain is to conceal them."

Sun Tzu - The Art of War
KrazeeXXL wrote:I had only 19 k'vorts II and 51 scouts II. He had 24 hc2 I guess and 27 scouts or something. and 9 tt's. I thought I could win this battle until the last turn but should've given the orders more directly to the single ships. It was one of my lousiest fights ever I have to admit. I guess you see it yourself @last screenshot where my k'vorts are. that's what happens if you confound the groups. The one which should be in near to the enemy isn't it and otherwise the same... so my k'vorts were doomed :(

I had more ships than that and in addition they were all veterans so not only did i significantly outnumber you (check intel screen my military was quite a bit stronger) but they were all veterans as well.

In addition I could have supported a vastlly bigger fleet than i had (my total output from three big systems was over 5000 points,) and my fleet was costing me about a 1000 for upkeep. I saw your ships and saw your fleet and knew i had a superior force - should you have built it up a bit i would have bought and built even more. Also I had by far the best economy and i knew you had no money cause is stole it all!! I had more ships, more money, more systems, more minors inc huge one's in Tama and Mizar and the feds worshipped me so I could get about 5k every three turns.
KrazeeXXL wrote:that's BotF. you play and wait for days until this one big massive fight and then you blow it up by yourself. :lol:

Thats a bit unfair really......its not as if i clicked auto!!!
KrazeeXXL wrote: He was a little bit predictable with his intel and at the end I had 5500 by myself for internal security. :lol::(
Predictable?

as well as....
KrazeeXXL wrote:Good luck in your next game JBL. I guess you'll need it.
:?

Poor form......
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

well rounds are going quick only 2 game left in second round semi finals should start soon :D

good luck to everyone

thunderchero
wesley
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

poor form

Post by wesley »

krazee is also a german :) Our english is not perfect jbl =)

Well done!

wesley
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

lol you want to discuss the game or what? no need for further discussions, or quotes of Sun Tzu (I read the book, too)
jonbolondon wrote: Thats a bit unfair really......its not as if i clicked auto!!!
lol I know you didn't - but I can't say that I blew it up by myself or what?
*tz*
jonboylondon wrote: check intel screen my military was quite a bit stronger
As a Klingon I did not used intel for offense (I never had a turn left to do so, u know?), but I guess you noticed that on your F3 screen. (ai rather does spying out militäry data... f.e. fergs and feds at least in my xp)

btw maybe I can't count @ships... 60/70... veteran? I had many elite... wondered about some of your "normal"

money: the ferg liked me... Do I have to say more? was 2 turns in minus and can't build from 152. isn't that much...

but never mind. dude its over and I lost. I dont know what you want to say.

I dont wanted to steal your victory... or smallen it. But I don't say that it was a great game or that you deserved it.
It was my point of view. If you have problems with that, you can have allways a revange. :evil:

Another thing... it seems that you can't let anything uncommented. calm down dude you won. Winning by others failures even is winning ;) (need no Sun Tzu to teach me that)
jonboylondon wrote: Confused

Poor form......
and yea predictable... thx... after days of waiting/"some" time trying to help you + no sleep for almost a day...

To the thing that you were sitting around all the time... I know the game, too... and the "advances" of the slow cards... but I had no problems with your acting. Far from it. You won against a Borg. Easy... good luck in your next game... you'll need it ;)

y? Because BotF is a big luck game. And therefor everyone needs luck. Look at your systems and look at mine. I guess your interpretations of my writing is defective. You maybe need a checkup or something. Seems like you have loosen objectivity. Bad for a physicist. But whom do I tell...

Congratulations...btw

I'm out: it's just a game, which crashes more than often ;) but either way somehow I like it. Don't know why :lol:
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

wesley and me will avenge that defeat in the JBL quadrant! :twisted:
You only lengthened your death JBL. :P

Well, severenth and me might play later today.
I'll stick with my prefferred tactics and take the roms. Being that flexible is what makes them superior in my view.
They have strong forces, strong intel, can easily escape battles, love war and are great for raiding.

I wanted to report on the success of the assimilation in the dx_chaos quadrant. chaos as cardassian and the great BORG cloaked as romulans, both had a 320 2nd system and anotherone around 200.
dx_chaos started in the left bottom and me in the rigth bottom.
Fed has been between us and so I knew by diplomacy screen, that he musst be somewhere behind the fed, so I decided to avoid him in the beginning and prepare my intel. I turned up, found the Tamarians with a great 400+ system in friendship with the ferengi directly above. I found that system so great, that I decided not to invade but bribed them and after I got them affilated I instantly declared war on the ferengi. In a few turns I subjugated all their systems. Must have been before turn 40.

Fed only lost one system max to the cardassians yet, but dx_chaos began attacking them with more effort after the ferengi have gone. By systempopulation it seemed as if he lost one invasion against a 2nd of the federation, or he just poisoned their food or destroyed the farms. Anyway, I thought I'd better try stopping him on his attempt to subjugate the federation, so I sent my fleet to the federation and broke my treaty with them.

When I got there, I saw his fleet being too powerful, he made a good job on building it up. Actually I only saw the number of unknown ships and assumed it to be superior to mine.
I began powering up my shipproduction and let him conquering sol. Then I wanted to distract him from conquering the remaining fed systems and began jumping around, raiding his border systems with my destroyers and scouts.
By fighting the ferengi in beginning and building the destroyrs on romulus, half my destroyer crew already has been veteran, so raiding went good and he tryed catching me, being futile of course. :lol:

To defeat his fleet of 6hc, 1battleship, 9destroyerII and above 10scoutII I build some additional attack cruisersII.
His fleet still made me fear, so I didn't move in with my slow attack cruisersII but kept on Romulus.
Then he decided to conquer the two remaining colonies of the federation, concentrating all his fleet on one of them and just a scout and tts on the other.
At that point I thought this must be a trap and it was, he moved all his fleet to the other system attack, so I had to escape with my nearly 20 destroyerII and 20 scoutII.

But, giving him the moral boost, didn't matter. We tried inteling each other every turn, always failing all the time since we met and I seemed to have stolen him already enough money by raiding that he didn't manage to improve his fleet much.

With my additional 9 attack cruisers and a single hc I moved to previous federation space, settling next to sol and began raiding again. Doing this two turns, he lost maybe 3000 Credits.
He collected his fleet on Sol and I moved in, resulting in a final of 9 cardassian hc, 1 battleship, 20 destroyerII, 20 scoutII against my 9 attack cruisers, 20 dest2 and 20 scout2. Something like that.

In first cloaked turn I fired everything on his fast attack ships, resulting in destroying nearly all of them in that single turn.
By now he didn't have much of a chance anymore, but I made a little fault and kept my destroyers and scouts on flyby attack, resulting them in flying away without shooting a single shot! 8O
He Destroyed five of my attack cruisers that turn.
The turn after, I decided to set my fast attack to avoid and all of his remaining ships got vaporized, except one heavy damaged hc.

After the battle my attack cruisers were gone, but I only build them up for that single battle. They are great for such battles, but useless for other purposes.
I still had two fleets of destII and one fleet of scoutII, with destroyers being trained even more.
He had still some single ships sent to support his main fleet, but raiding sol and the neighbor systems, he lost around 2500 Credits each turn now! So he went for suicide, fighting a little invasion of me with one hc, 2 destII and 2 scoutII against one hc two tt, one destII and 3 or four scoutII. I won that minor battle again with two scouts surviving.

Now he didn't have enough income to overcome his financial raiding deficit and gave up. He told he already had about -1000Cr so couldn't even build anything anymore.

Has been a great fight anyway, hope I didn't give too much insight into my tactics. 8)

here are two screens I made of that match:

p.s. damn Tamarians still didn't enhance by turn 52 :lol: Why did I waste all that money...
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

XXl

Despite wesleys point of you being German and the language thing - i have no doubt that you wrote this report under the cloud of defeat and therefore felt a bit raw. I also have no doubt that you fully understood what you were writing. :wink:

Statements such as "blow it up yourself" and "good luck ill guess you'll need it" and other strange statements such as my intel being "predictable??" :? left me with a rather sour taste in my mouth.... Especially as you crashed every single tactical combat you had almost.....

I appreciate that you are a helpfull chap as are all in the botf forum and I remember when you first came to WZ it was me that helped you and being good natured you helped others in turn - i especially remember your passing on the phrase "be patient and it will work"..... :D :D :D

However as stated i wrote my report and tried to give a picture of the game(up to where i signed JBL).

Imagine my suprise when i saw your post!!

And now I need a checkup do I??? Winning by others failures....... :roll:

I think my point has been re-enforced by this.... :wink:

If you wanna express you unhappiness at losing and say it was all you own fault and how bad the starting systems were, or that your lack of sleep hindered you (ps I was in the same boat see my post i made earlier), or how unlucky you were being the Klings at T5 then thats fine.

But i am entitled to reply and I think quiet justified.... :wink:

Maybe you should lay off the bloodwine. :wink: :wink: :wink:

If you want a re-match then you know thats fine with me :D - but at the moment ill just remember another quote....

Austin 3:16

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

18 kvort's II is capable of destorying twice the size of cardassian HCII and 30 odd spy ships... take out spy ships first on cloaked run (ram death otherwise) and then evade. klingon victory is almost guaranteed... similar battle happened between my brother and Chris in ?second tourney?
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

that was the problem... to LESS Bloodwine... (none :()

as I wrote before: I thought I could win until the last turn in tactical combat but then I confound the fleets and their orders. it isnt very logical to let the kvorts fight in close combat. at least I've done it the first time.

then one thing lead to another.

as far as I remember was Flocke the only one with constructive help @wz. But either way thanks for laughing at me and my security stuff while I was testing out different fws at one time after 8 years without internet. If you call this help, then so it be.

for the future. you can post 1 mio smilies. but this doesn't strengthen anything up. Especially your statements. Far from it!

Either way it was an interesting game against an unusual player and I lost. Did I said that I'm out? guess yes

btw yea I mean what I write. Otherwise I won't write anything if I don't mean it. and another time. If you have problems with other point of views, than its only your problem. Not mine. So or so I stay to my comments, even if I was awaken for 36 hours (and not "bloodwined" btw)

Whatever, the game told me something new I did not known before. I allways thought about that there are good and bad loosers. Seems that it applies to the winners, too.

Never mind, good luck in your next match I hope carcher has some patience with you. I won't have anymore "chap". you're on my black list but I guess it's nothing new to you. :lol:

here something you maybe wanted to hear from me after your humungous victory: (plz all excuse my bad english ;) )

"Oh great master,
you the superior fleet commander,
and ruler of the bright Cardassia.
(Who driven me into my own disaster.)

I have to admit you beaten me.
I lay on the ground.
I'm lost
and
I'm completely down.

Sir, it was a hard and well fought war.
Sitting here, writing these rhymes
in Quarks'
awful bar.

At the end I had to surrender.
guess need a drink
with my good ol' friend
Bender.

Compared to you,
Karajan conducting
the Berlin symphonia orchestra
was nothing.

You never stopped
the big suffering.

I'm glad that
I was a witness.
and seen you -
guiding your superiour
and much more advanced fleet -
with such kind of swiftness.

I've never seen before.

The battle wasn't mine.
My crappy fleet was doomed -
and lost "all" the time.

It drove a tear into my eyes as I saw the great order you gave in turn 132.

Your fleet moved!

thinkin': "What a Sun Tzu!" -
a real master of plan.

A humungous giant
with a worth more than
10 fleet-admirals combined.

I'm nothing, you're all -
brighter than the moon
and damn tiny
compared to you:
the sun - our little star.

You big ruler of the great spoonhead
I have to give you my bath'let.

*knees down and handles JBL his 10 year old chinese plastic imitation of Kahless' sword*

I have no honor. My life belongs to you now. Do what you want to it.
It would be merciful just to kill me. Or let me live with my dishonor.

You have the decision. But be aware of the aftermath..."

edits: a "'" here and there
Last edited by KrazeeXXL on Wed May 13, 2009 5:24 am, edited 7 times in total.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

extreme rofl.
more rofl
hardcore rofl

:D :D :D :D :D
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Stone Cold suxx btw... 3:16 what? 3 braincells to 16kilogram muscles?

@cd: there's much more where this came from ;)
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

I want this to end.

one post each short and civil and no more. :x

thunderchero

Return to “Multiplayer Games”