Star Trek: Birth of the Federation MOD

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Star Trek: Birth of the Federation MOD

Post by severenth »

Title: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation

Type: MOD

Current Devlopers: Severenth
- JonBoyLondon
- Kingy
- Pigman
- Dr_Breen

Synopsis: A completly canon Birth of the Federation, starting with the first Daedalus class vessels, through to the most advanced Excelsior class cruisers, only comparing with conterparts of the Romulan, Klingon, Tholian and Gorn vessels of the time.

With minor races to match, and even a full GUI overhall, the full nostalgia of The Original Series.

Time Till Arrival: First Alpha expected December 2009

Update: 20th May
  • After further discussions, it should be known that this mod will truly test any BOTF player here and now, simpley because of how canon we are looking at making this game.

A prime and only example is as follows;
    Instead of building vast fleets of ships, your empire will only be able to support ships based on the number of systems you hold, for example, your single home system will realistically be only able to support 5-6 smaller ships and 1 or 2 larger ships ( command for example ), and these examples are from a FULLY devloped system at most levels.

This is to really portray the idea that, back in The Orginal Series, ( and even somewhat in TNG and DS9 ), small battle fleets were used to actually 'war' with, yet single vessles would be found skirmishing around in space, so we will also be making space combats last a lot longer than they do now ( somthing similar to the BOP mod I belive ) so yes, you will be screaing KHAAAAAN!! at your screen for a few minutes a day :P or dancing to KHAN

We will also be ACURATELY doing ship upgrades and relases per tech level ( so the Miranda WILL be MORE powerful than the Consitution refit ( i think off the top of my head )) but basically, we will be showing these TOS ships being available as they would of been in the timeline.

Also, hang on the edge of your mice, a video is planned to show the progress of the new GUI interface for the Federation & Klingons
Update: 19th October
  • In the past 5 months, we have pretty much changed the entire look of every part of the game, interfaces, ships, and started work on balencing and random events.

All in all, its slowley coming together for your alpha christmas present :)

It should be noted that we will be releaseing the game in two versions
    • > MultiMod Installer
      > Our own Installer
    The reason for this is due to the extreme nature of modifacations and options we intend to make available, the multimod installer will offer a 'vanillla' level of game, where as the own installer option will have more options than a candy store for a kid.
Last edited by severenth on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:47 am, edited 6 times in total.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Is this for a project you're working on, then?
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
GeorgiaBoy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by GeorgiaBoy »

Martok wrote:Is this for a project you're working on, then?
Second that. A mod release?
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

I've updated the above to include some information
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

GeorgiaBoy wrote:
Martok wrote:Is this for a project you're working on, then?
Second that. A mod release?
Yes to both..... :P
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Good luck with your new mod :D

just ask if you need any advise :wink:

But take your time deadline are rarely meet. :roll: I hate even giving them lol

thunderchero
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Fascinating. So I take it this mod will be for the period covered by Enterprise, TOS, and the first six movies (22nd and 23rd centuries)?
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Cool :)

Can't wait to see what you've all done for the Gorn and Tholians.

Quite a little team you've got together there guys
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

I'm really looking forward to this and am very excited what you've figured out. I bet it's gonna be cool. :)
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

Martok wrote:Fascinating. So I take it this mod will be for the period covered by Enterprise, TOS,

and the first six movies (22nd and 23rd centuries)?
Spot on. :D and it will be as Cannon as We can possibly make it!!
stardust wrote:Cool :)

Can't wait to see what you've all done for the Gorn and Tholians.

Quite a little team you've got together there guys
I statred this post viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=653 as i had the idea for a TOS mod and wanted new races to give it a feel that is different to other mods. I love the Dominion in UDM and the Houses in Uncivil war as they give a fresh feel to the games.

The Gorn and the Tholians came out top - which suited me fine and there is an awful lot of possibilities with these two races!! However from my foray into modding it became aparent that I do not have the technical expertise to pull this off myself and even with the help of Kingy (bless his cotton socks - hes still not paid for my car door!:roll: ) it could take till we draw our pensions!! 8O

I put some feelers out and Severance like a shining beacon came forward and offered a lot of technical expertise,time and great enthusiasm which we really needed.

After seeing Pigman's efforts with his UDM GUI's I asked him if he would be willing to help out as I also know he is also a great TOS enthusiast and devout BOTF player and again was met with great enthusiasm.

Dr Breen has also very kindly agreed to lend us some shipbuilding expertise as well and we will also be incorporating some of his excellent prior work as well with his kind permission.

Its in the very early stages at the moment with an awful lot of work still to do,discuss,test etc... but Severance has really done some good stuff in a short time as you can see, and such is the time it takes to do these things why not press on and start asap. The early bird.....

However the gameplay will have as much as a different feel about it as can be achieved for the Gorn and the Tholians in keeping with their race's traits as possible (within the known constraints of the game).We hope to incorporate as much of the new technical breakthroughs as is possible as well!! :P
captaindusk wrote:I'm really looking forward to this and am very excited what you've figured out. I bet it's gonna be cool. :)
So say we all.... :wink:

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

jonboylondon wrote:
Martok wrote:Fascinating. So I take it this mod will be for the period covered by Enterprise, TOS,

and the first six movies (22nd and 23rd centuries)?
Spot on. :D and it will be as Cannon as We can possibly make it!!
However, there will be no ' Enterprise ', just not canon

but up to Generations film I think is the upmost limit, so the super uber ship will be the Galaxy class
update pending
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

well i still have this **** xindi model from thunderchero i have to finish. and theres so less time for it.

but as soon as i got that one done i'll be "happy" to do some new ones :-)

what about a ship of that class the "kelvin" from st xi belonged to? that looked pretty cool and its tos era (as the timeline changed with the destruction of the kelvin, it should even be canon :-) )
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Have a look at www.ditl.org

They have most of the alternate ships from the Star Trek Technical Manual hiding in there somewhere, including a speculative pic of a pre-refit Miranda class. (ie the same nacelles, hull structure etc of the original connie)

Whereas the Saladin class has a single nacelle, much like the Kelvin, but lacks the Engineering section bolted above the saucer section.

My 4shared folder
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

We are looking at only

Star Trek Movies 1-7 ( debating galaxy class now -.- )
Star Trek TOS and Animated TOS

these are the only refrence points we are using in this MOD, so no, no Xindi, no ST new film refrences
update pending
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Fair enough.

As for the Galaxy class, IMO, it'll sit about as well in your mod as the Narada (sp?) does in ST 11.
Too over powered compared to the ships of the day and just completely out of place.

My 4shared folder

Return to “Modding Information Archive”