Warzone error

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Warzone error

Post by stardust »

Righty, I was trying to get my pc run in and get the bugs sorted out on MP before the tournament started up. I had Krazeee helping me with this.

Anyway the usual errors, overzealous firewalls cutting in and messing around etc, I finaly decided to log out of Warzone and back in, only to be greeted with this error message:

error getting server info Socket Error #11004

Anyone have any ideas what this means?
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

what was your last step configuring your fw? did you tried to undo it?

I resetted mine completely. dunno if it helps.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Doesn't seem to matter what I do...I restarted the PC and still had the same problem, I've even un installed WZ and re-installed but It's not letting me in :(

My 4shared folder
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

you said in wz that you switched the fw off, right? so it won't start without fw?

btw closing the fw doesnt mean that the fw isnt active anymore
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Well when I restarted the PC the firewall is set to start up on it's own.

I can't see how it's stopping me connecting as i've listed lobbyclient.exe as a safe application.
Last edited by stardust on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My 4shared folder
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I tested with captaindusk a little. Even if I switch off everything. I got an error in the race selection screen. If he hosts it throws me outta the game. If I host and he comes to the selection screen, it crashs, too. :(

fw off, everything off. I changed nothing in the router settings since last tournament.

I dont know what it is :(
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Well my partner's just got home and reckons my trouble's a problem with the Warzone server.

If anyone can confirm/dispel this theory it'd be much apreciated as i'm about to bash my head on the desk in frustration.

PC's [Expleted deleted] :evil:

My 4shared folder
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

almost forgotten this thread

so here's a little update:

Vista:

as far as I know has the folder C:\Program Files (I guess you installed wz there) different access rights than in xp. I guess the same applies to C:\Windows\System32 where dplaysvr.exe is located. So it appears to be that the only way for you is to switch your local account to an admin, one.

Or switch the User Account Control off but then you'll work as an admin all the time. (can be a security risk which depends on the users behaviour)

open cmd
type in msconfig
go to tools -> switch if off...
after that you have to reboot
and then it should work

important to say is, that it is a major change in the os' behaviour. it isn't perfect but I know some ppl who are working this way. I, for myself would take a look to switch your account to an admin one and also I would search for a system tool (I just have a personal one for xp) which allows you to run different kind of programs (f.e. firefox) with other accounts and their limited non-admin rights. (to avoid the security issues working with full admin rights all the time)

to my problem with wz:

it was an firewall issue. After a driverupdate of the forceware drivers (5.11) I had some problems with the ethernet driver which I wasn't able to install (bluescreen). It damaged my existing firewall profile of nvidia firewall. Even reinstalling did not helped. Using the older version of it did not helped either. So the only way solving this problem was to deinstall nvidia firewall completely and reinstall older ethernet drivers in safe mode.
After that I'm using comodo firewall and had not a single problem since then. :D

Return to “Multiplayer Games”