Season 2 2009 round 2 has started

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote:it would be sad not to defend your Title. :wink:

only one spot left in Balance of power tournament :lol:
People become calling me a witch, I don't want to end up burning! :lol:

I wish everyone a great new season in bop tournament, have much fun and lets see about our drone's evolving strength. :twisted:
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

Romulan High Command - Tal Shiar Intelligence Report

s
Subject: Severenth

Report: Successful action against this target, infecting the system with a slow and deteriorating virus of the CPU and attached systems, this sho..d .ut th. ..rget ou.......

--------

I'll be back soon, after i've reinstaled windows, bloody thing

and no, its not what jbl had, this one was nasty, reinstall is the ONLY way to get rid of the bugger
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

me and jbl finished our game last night i went for klings jon chose cards. i was top middle ish with the fergs to my left,i made short work of them and decided to take a couple of fed systems to boost my research and intel defence.We'd met quite early but as it turned out cards were bottom left,well out of range.To get round this problem jon membered the antedians,who were 2 sectors from my home system,i ingorned this for a while to concentrate on the feds.When he began buzzing about in my space with his fleet i went straight to antede and obliterated the population :twisted:
After that i put as much into research as i could while still trying to fight off his intel,once i'd got my vort 2 i tried to engage his fleet,after plying cat and mouse for 10 turns we finaly met over ferenginar.
23 k'vort 2 and 19 scouts v 20 hc2 and a few destroyers,what can i say?
i didn't lose a single ship :) :) JBL ran up the white flag and i gloatingley accepted his surrender.
after the game we reloaded and looked at each others empire,to be honest i dont know what i'd have done in his position.better luck next time jon
thx for the game
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

23 kvorts 2... let me see... what can possibly take them down? 80 Maurad II? it will be a stretch:)

in vanilla, unless you can choke klings fast before they upgrade, game is over... good luck Carcher:)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

carcher wrote:me and jbl finished our game last night i went for klings jon chose cards. i was top middle ish with the fergs to my left,i made short work of them and decided to take a couple of fed systems to boost my research and intel defence.We'd met quite early but as it turned out cards were bottom left,well out of range.To get round this problem jon membered the antedians,who were 2 sectors from my home system,i ingorned this for a while to concentrate on the feds.When he began buzzing about in my space with his fleet i went straight to antede and obliterated the population :twisted:
After that i put as much into research as i could while still trying to fight off his intel,once i'd got my vort 2 i tried to engage his fleet,after plying cat and mouse for 10 turns we finaly met over ferenginar.
23 k'vort 2 and 19 scouts v 20 hc2 and a few destroyers,what can i say?
i didn't lose a single ship :) :) JBL ran up the white flag and i gloatingley accepted his surrender.
after the game we reloaded and looked at each others empire,to be honest i dont know what i'd have done in his position.better luck next time jon
thx for the game
Yeah the end battle was a bit of a spanking in the end :oops: I have to say....congrats to Carcher who played a flawless game and good luck in your next game!!
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

it may be that wesley and i will need an extension, from the pm's we exchanged it seams the only time wesley can play is thursday during the day while i'm at work
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Any news from flocke and Omegaleader?

I talked to carcher on warzone the other day and gave him an extention til friday may 29.

thunderchero
Omegaleader
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Omegaleader »

Flocke won.

He took lots of screenhots so I will let him report the game in detail. It was a close one.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Hmmm could it be.....A Borg Civil war for the final?
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Well, I doubt that there will be a civil war, with having heared about the other match. :lol: :lol:

But, let's have a look at Omega's and my match.
I took rom again and Omega choosed the cardassians.
Well, first load I had a big 300+ second and without having told Omega about he requested a restart cause of his bad systems.

So we restarted and now I got shit. A 130 and a 145 population system both without dilithium. He got a 165 and a 180 2nd, one with dilithium.
It's not that much of a difference in total, but keeping in mind cardassia already has more population than romulus, he has been in economic favor and that can make much of a difference in such a close match we had.

I expected him to run for me and begin sabotaging me, cause card is superior in intel, but my start position in middle top hasn't been a good place for hiding, so I powered my security up in beginning and tried to figure who's around me. Additionally I watched out for more dilithium systems.

This time I buyed not only destroyer but also two HC in beginning to get better fire power. In a few turns, I got in touch with all the ai races and already feeled in luck not being the cardassian neighbour, but I also saw him having met the ferengi. I havn't been sure if I should try to stop him, but with my bad economy and bad intel I thought I'd better give it a try to conquer the federation instead.
Might have been a bad decision, cause he soon declared war on the ferengi and it's systems fell one after another.
I wondered that he havn't met the klingon, cause he has been below me in bottom middle and soon figured he must be on top right, actually being a very close neighbor of me. I even didn't found the combat drone when he began talking about. But race connections told everything about.

That has been a big shock to me, cause I know the ferengi is always falling the fastest and always is giving great training and moral targets and I saw him conquering the right way, like the klingon or borg normally are suspected. 8O

Around turn 25, when I just began conquering the federation, the ferengi empire already has fallen, so I felt like already having lost.
My economy has been shit and although I managed to colonize two dilithium systems and have been raiding two big klingon systems, it hasn't been enough to compensate. My destroyers had nearly no experience cause ai didn't gave me the necessary targets and so I didn't get mone. Anyway, I continued conquering the federation and hoped for some big faults of him. :?

I managed to conquer remaining federation systems in the next few turns and immediately had to sent my fleet back to their home, cause Omegaleader did show up. He jumped around in my systems with one and a half fleets of hc and a few scouts and more and more additional hc joined up.
I did build as many ships I could and as fast as possible and also did build one attack cruiser, but soon I've been in deep minus and had to scrap a ship ever few turns.

My attack cruiser has been too slow for catching his fleet while he jumped around, but I wanted to keep it in fleet cause it already has been an unsure and very risky fight. He bombed one of my dilithium colonies down and managed to join an additional fleet of tts. And I knew one of my second sytems has been in range of him so this would be his target.
A few turns later we got in fight:

I just hoped my mainly unexperienced destroyers would do the job and had no choise. I had to defend my systems!

I expected him to attack my fast attack so evaded with them in 2nd turn. But afterwards, I expected him to concentrate fire and ramming on my cruisers.

But using charge for my fast attck in that turn has been a bad idea cause he kept targeting them instead.

Now both our fleets have been decimated but last turn really has been like a bad joke:

My single attack cruiser survived and, of course, became legendary! ROFL :!:

We both had to rebuild after that fight and I knew his economy has been better and additionall, from time to time his sabotage began passing my security. But what choise did I have with just having the attack cruiser and two new hc out of the box left.
I had to rebuid and concentrated on hc this time and only did build some few destroyers to raid the klingon again. This time they could get at least some few experience cause the klingon grew up in meanwhile, so I could get some good money on quo'nos and one big 2nd.

But, anyway, Omegaleader produced hc like a factory. I couldn't keep up, no chance. I have expected to loose by now, but then, with having rebuild a fleet of 25 cardassian hc he even upgraded them to hc2! 8O

When that happened, I have been near giving up. Anyhow, I maximized my research, disregarding intel and fleet buildup, to get hc2 as soon as possible. With 3600 research I still would need above 10 turns, but I didn't want to waste my fleet on a suicide attack.

So I let him pass to my one 2nd system in his range and bomb it. My orbs have been weapons tech9, so he got some damage. I thought I could ram them off with some few fast attack, but didn't know that having equal hull isn't enough. All his hc survived that suicide attack and Omega told that has to do with the factory research. :roll:
I don't have any screens from that battle and there's nothing spectacular anyway. :(

The only luck I had is that he couldn't reach romulus and my remaining 2nd 2nd. Loosing two or three colonies and my first 2nd has been bad but gave me some time and he didn't improve his range by colonization or subjugation but just bombed my systems down.

When he bombed my last colony in his range my hc finally upgraded and I have been in luck that he didn't enlarge his fleet of 25hc2 in meanwhile. He didn't even have scouts or tt this time!
Now my legendary attack cruiser and my 19 hc2 and a fleet of fast attack cought him and changed the whole desperate situation again! :twisted:

I just set everything to charge and used group targeting.

After cloaked turn, 9 of his hc have been vaporized and many others were heavily damaged! *hrhr*

I kept charging, just charging, vanishing him off.

Although he tried ramming me, I only lost one single hc. I have checked this and couldn't believe, but yeah, cardassian fleet is gone and mine survived without of noteworthy losses.
Omegaleader gave up afterwards and although he had better economy, I doubt that he did stay a chance with me still having whole fleet alive.

On the map, created with -Mudd afterwards, you can see my fleet again. There's only one single cardassian scout of omega flying around in his space.

The stats show again how close our fight was, we both fell down like 50% after first major battle and grew up equal till Omegaleader upgraded his hc.

In beginning, I believe the minor population difference as well as Omega's luck with having the ferengi next to his front door, with all systems in range, made the difference.

But whatever, I have to express my respect to Omegaleader, not only for his great performance but also for his incredible fast turns!
Thanks for the great game man! You came out of nowhere and showed how to play this game, I'm sure you're one of the best players around here. Thx again. 8)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

congrats flocke and good luck in finals.

thunderchero
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

i need to request an extension,flocke tells me wesley is having big computer probs,so we cant finish our game today.
cheers
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote:congrats flocke and good luck in finals.
thx and yeah, wesley is having big troubles with his ethernet adapter. Even formatting and reinstalling windows didn't help, so he doesn't know when he might be back.

He always get's a "DFÜ Fehler 678" failure message and can't access the adapter card. Replacing it with anotherone didn't help either. :(
wesley
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by wesley »

After the Problem was solved , carcher and me had our game.
I choose rom, he Klingon.
and.. I thought to give up in rpund 3 or 4
. I had systems 150 and 195, he had system of 350 and 200

And all my systems maximum 3 fields away so he can reach all my systems with tts.
He didnt accept my surrender and we continu. I had only 1 little chance, i build tts and scouts to conquer the federation and maybe the ferengi.

I had luck. Carcher didnt colonize any system and had no reach to ferengi and sol.

He didnt really attack my systems, didnt now why =))

I conquerd fed and ferg and research hc2 as fast as possible. And my intel stop him to research kvort 2

After our first bg fight i lost only 5 hc2 and the rest was good in traning now.
He surrender while iam coming with tts and schouts to take or bomb his systems.

Never believed i had any chance!
U only win of opponent mistakes!

Wesley

PS Flocke and me have less time in the moment.
But a civil war is not possible Weare Borg and have no Viruses =)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

hey guys,

any progress on finals?

BOP tournament is getting close to finals too.

Does wesley need to be replaced with carcher?

thunderchero

Return to “Multiplayer Games”