Tournament 3 2009 Balance of power winner ruthlessferengi

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

RSE_Chris wrote:Thunder,

Pigman and myself have started our game, but due to commitments on both sides, we cannot continue our game until Monday 25th. Can you grant us a week extension? and we will aim to finish before then.

Cheers
round 1 Date was may 24 so no problem just hope you can finsh on monday may25. If not just keep me informed to next game date for extension.

thunderchero
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Round 1 New completion date.

Due the US holiday this weekend, I have had a couple requests for extentions until tuesday may 26. I doubt their game will completed that day :wink: . Games are lasting longer than I thought. I am on day 3 with CRAZYGOOPDOG.

I hope everyone will have games completed by friday may 29

thunderchero
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

Due to a plage of issues with my pc, I would like to request an extension for around a week to complete my game with mickar

Allthough no further problems are expected, my system is as a troubled child on crack, god knows whats gonna happen
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

@severenth,

Are you asking for an extention of one week past date of may 29?

thunderchero
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

at this point, it may be around this time the game is either just starting or finishing up

another issue is the TZ difference, so if we come up fast on the 29th, will let you know
update pending
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Here is the first report from first round...... :(

I took klingons and CRAZYGOOPDOG took feds. I lost.

The game took much longer than it should have.
goop was not aware of no restart rule and messaged me on first turn with "I want restart I am in the middle" I had upper left on the edge. so I informed him of no restart rule and told him I would. The reason I allowed this was I did not want the advantage of knowing where he was.
On next load goop was mid upper left on the edge. I was almost in center just a little right and lower.

I figured I needed a fleet and I could build very fast. turn 30 my credits was in red. :cry: I only had 5 scouts 9 kvorts 36 battleships 5 TT 2 colony and 8 systems and had already meet cards, ferengi, and roms, intel security was holding attacks back with about 3200 points and 35% security bonus. So I went Hunting for easy targets and went further in the hole building TT for systems to subjugate. with the lower right with empty I sent scouts to look around. found 4 minors and since I had no money I declared war on everyone :twisted: for morale boost. I had also encountered romulan fleet with my main fleet at turn 45 and got lucky they were split up and came to defend romulus while I was raiding them in fleets of 18 -24 so they went down with no trouble. but 4 very nice battles. and I continued raiding til the well went dry.

turn 60 I had 9 TT and took the time once fleets were all together to arange them so TT were last and stayed that way. and went minor subjugating :twisted: with only 6 orbitals they fell on first turn and only lost 1 maybe 2 battleships on first 2 systems then took 3,4,5 system and started losing 3-5 and 6-7 and noticed I was attacking with 1/2 hulls on most ships. But had taken all the lower minors (5) . My credits were in great shape. :wink: but now I had 2 scouts 4 k'vort's and 25 battleships. So Factories had been pumping out replacements for 5-6 turns and replacements were on the way. I let my ship heal at last system and replacements were on the way down (green).
Then to my surprise romulans had rebuilt a huge fleet and the went straight to Qo'nos, 8O I put up all orbitals and sheilds I could. with no ship help system took out 68 warbirds and 12 destroyers and 12 TT. before my fleet took out last 4 warbirds. :P I was totally shocked system held 5 assaults. This made romulans no threat for a short time.

turn 70, I went after romulans, I did not like them at my back door. they had 12 systems, I went after there easy colonies first at top. fell quick but lost all 12 TT I had on both systems. So just went to wipe out all life on remaining systems til I could get TT over there. took out 5 systems and had lost half my fleet (not working vs 18 orbitals each system). so went home to lick my wounds and rebuild. (again)

turn 80 - 90 got ships ready.

turn 90 went to see what was going on with cards and found goop had wipped out all life on cardassia. while I was over in cardassian space I saw goops ships numbers were equal about 50 - 60 each. but I was 10 turns away from battleship II upgrade :lol: and right then the ferengi turned there ugly head with over 120 ships assaulting nassauica 130 pop fell first turn. I went after their fleet when they retreated to ferenignar. With a grand battle 120 ferengi ships vs my 50 :twisted: My battle ships took out 50 raiders cloaked on first turn and was left facing 70 marauders, They ran. So I sat and raided while the sent back 20 -30 at a time and I killed them. By this time I got upgrade. at turn 105 this could have been earlier but built fleet fast early.turns 1 -30 before putting as much as I could on research and intel.

turns 105 - 150 I did nothing but defend my systems AI was building so fast I could do almost nothing else and lost 4 systems to ferengi at turns 140 - 150 defending card/ romulan attacks on bottom of map. :?

150 though 168 (end) I wanted to go after goop it was past time. I had found none of his systems, But knew where he was (no other place unexplored) I built a starbase in the perfect spot in a nebula any ship that attacked had no sheilds and hull and fire power of starbase won everytime (I was glad no large fleets attacked). I would have lost range.

I found Bajor and Sheliak he had 36 orbitals at each I only had 9 TT's so changed mind when I saw ferengi main fleet 160 ships about to attack one of my colonies that was weak. I was in range of ferenginar so went there, to my surprise they jumped back to protect ferenginar 160 ferengi ships vs 48 klingon ships, I should have ran, :x But I did not, I took out 100 ships before losing my fleet. I hated to give game but I did not want to start all over from scratch with ships and romulans had already rebuilt their fleet and cards were also on there way to my space too.

goop offered to load last save before I lose my fleet and I killed his fleet with only 2 battleships lost. If I had any scanner I would have seen him and went after him :twisted: just 1 major error and this can end a game.

Goop you played the game well, nice touch with orbitals :wink: I will rememmber that one. :lol: BTW I loaded game later with all orbitals powered and everything powered (energy wise at max) and even allowed system to be that way one turn. I took Sheliak first assualt and only lost 2 battleships, I should have attacked any way. 8O

I know we both learned alot about BOP and next tournament I will do better, I am sure you will be a challange to your next opponent. and good luck. :wink: If you was to ask me I might take ferengi. :wink:

thunderchero
CRAZYGOOPDOG
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by CRAZYGOOPDOG »

well it was a great game with many tactical situations, i started in upper left corner, and found out real quick that i was surounded by cards and fergs. by turn 30 i had 28 dreads 2 cause i finished all research by turn 22, i built up huge force and started attaching cards, cause they where closer, by turn 40 i was bombarding systems, i got there 2 small colonies out in 1 turn a piece, then i moved to big systems before they start intelling me, by turn 50 i had lost 20 tt or so and some ships on failed invasions so i just started bombarding untell there was no life left, destroyed cardasia and moved too different system and started to bombard there i got 1 turn away from destroying it and here comes out of no where thos 50 + fleet of Klingons so i run and repair my fleets and condence so i chase his fleet all the way back too his space where i find nausicans and 1 other small system of klingons, i killed them dead...

By turn 70 or so my fleet of like 65 dreads and some smaller stuff about 80 ships total had started to run my creds dry, i was at -3k per turn and by turn 90 i was 80k in the hole, so i sold some fleets and got myself into the positive + 8k a turn and started to demand creds from fergs roms and cards by turn 105 i was in positive and started buying so much intell, i had 7 cloked ships at end it was fun... well i bribed my way into 6 minors and had 99% intell bonus and 10k intell strength..It was a good match and am very srry it ended that way
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

Thanks to both of you for your detailed match reports :)

It seems like the Ferengi should not be underestimated ;)

Just want to let you know that I found the damage calculation code for ramming. So if a hotfix is wanted, I can make one. It will be included in the next BoP version anyway.

Ship support can also be increased in the next version, that's not a big deal :)
A discovery consists in seeing something everybody has seen and at the same time thinking something nobody has thought yet.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

@ Gowron,

If you want I could upload final save for you to look at.

As for ferengi I looked at how they had that large of fleet something like 200,000 credit but credits per turn - 12,000 8O

thunderchero
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

carcher and I should be finished today, on sunday
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

Due to a few issues with mickar and myself, I have withdrawn from the this tournament.

No questions or comments would be appreciated on this situation.
update pending
ruthlessferengi

Post by ruthlessferengi »

carcher and i had our game. he was feds (at 9 o'clock), i was ferengi (at 3 o'clock) with empty space and roms in between us. Cardies were at my bottom and kling at carchers north.

i build a some of strike cruisers and marauds. with two fleets of each, having upgraded them i moved to romulus to get some experience. that i earned, replenished the fleets and went to cardassia before they got too powerful. After the battle was over, i had 2 fleets of legendary strikers and 2 fleets of legendary marauders.

then came the pain of taking over cardassia... I took 2 of their 5 planets relatively easirly, then came the disaster... Twice i lost 20 tts to a planet and could not figure out why... so i huffed and puffed and eventually, after sacrifice of innumerable number of spy ships, got the rest of cardassian holdings...

in the between of my troubles with cardassia, i forgot to member a couple of key minors that lay between me and roms... Carcher had a vision and wisdom to acquire them which he did in due time. I had one join me (mintaka) and membered tril and tamarians when they were ready to pump out some serious infrastracture. But i missed out on bajor, takara and edo. Edo was next door to me...

then i discovered a little wormhole - 3 steps away from me, that led to a square next door to sol... So i got all my ships and showed up in his space, except i could not move or build a starbase in the area as i was out of range...

he saw my guns, and started building his fleet... i pulled back, went back to Rom to get more experience and took a couple of roms planets to get range. Then i found three more planets that were 4 squares away from his space, populated them, and parked my fleet there within one turn distance form the wormhole whence i anticipated my tts and spy ships to poor over....

that's when we had our first battle. I had 28 maraud and 34 strikers, 2/3 of them legendary, he had 34 command, about half dreids the rest cruisers. all upgraded. I survived wtih 45 ships and tons of experience..

that's when carcher did what he does best - he totally came around... while i hussled about trying to get my spy ships sorted out he completely rebuild his fleet and membered a few more minors (including edo next to me). he also started to intel me (complemets of betazed) and managed to kill of 200 mln of my folk....

in turn i managed to get Sol... but he did not need it with betazed, bolians, takarans, bajorans, edo and the remaining 4 planets pumping out his dreids...

So i started to invest in his minors and got Edo to the point of almost switching... i increased my ships fleet to 80 maurad, 2/3 legendary and my plans were to go up to 120 as i still had about 5000 per turn surplus... I needed that much because Carcher, being clever and resoursful individial as he is, went off to klingons, made them fight and emerged wtih 25 legednary dreid, 25 legendary cruisers...

I don't know how much cash he had left, but while he build and trained i took over 3 of the planets he colonized for a total of 600 mln to keep my fleet managable...

This whole affair took us two sessions. My plan was to max out my ships, buy back takarans/bajorans/Edo, and start eating away at his other minors... I had capability of making 12 maraud every 6 turns, and 12 dils capacity to continue making tts and spy ships along side... the machinery was greased up....

by the end of the second session, it was late in England so we decided to have a stage fight.. up till now he avoided me then i avoided him (waiting for mor fodder).... but we had fight anyway.

50 legednary dreids vs 80 mostly legendary maurad... it was a close one until the 4th turn when feds started to eat away at my orange plague... then the game crashed... so to beat that i would have definitely needed 20 more maraud and spalsh of strikers just to survive..

Carcher, being a gentleman and a scholar as he is, stated he is going concede. to my mind, he was not doing too shabby... He insisted I accepted his gracious offer to continue playing in the tourney... I think he simply does not want to play in the tourney - getting OLD?? :) , that's why he quit:))

hats off to Carcher = this was one the most enjoyable mps i played. with him, i could always count on a totally off the wall joke to ease the pain of the managing vast resources we both accumulated trying to kill each other off.... plus he is true gentleman..., anybody who played him, knows that for a fact...

he may write his side of the story...

a coupld of funny things i noted. i went in the red a few times, just - 200 with per turn income at +1500-4000... Did not matter, until i scrapped a few ships, the negative overall balance did not go away...

other than that, i can honestly, still have a lot of respect for the mod - it takes awhile but the multiturn battles are fantastic... an ability to rebuild fast is huge as well - this coupled with strong orbitals - make allow to have truly epic battles... i would suggest to keep map at small for all three levels though - it will take a long time to finish it off on even a medium...
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

:) if your gonna take on ruthless with his beloved fergs you gotta expect a good kicking :lol: and thats exactly what i got! things were going along ok, from my point of view,until he popped out of a wormhole,then things got very interesstng
i attacked his fleet(well i bumped into his fleet!!)and lost every ship in there.i had a few others knocking about so i decided to rebuild rather than surrender.
so to cut a long story short we had a finale battle over one of my main systems(which still belonged to me 8O )and my dreads were doing me proud until the crash.but i conceded at this point because
A..ruthless was kind enough to let me attack the klings for exp points,and
B..because he deserved the win for playing the fergs perfectly :) also
C..we are gonna reload ,before our last battle and play on for the fun of it :D
well played ruthless good luck in next round mate
its been a real pleasure :D
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Pigman and I have only reached turn 33, and have only just met. However, as I said to Pigman, this game feels too 'un-tactical' to me, and I am not enjoying playing it for this reason.

It seems silly for me to try and win the game and progress through the tourney If I am not enjoying myself, so I concede to Pigman.

Goodluck with your next game Pigman.

I will stick to Vanilla and UDM tournaments.
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Thanks for game Chris

I guess if Chris wasn't enjoying it that's fair enough. Retire screen had me slightly ahead. I had subjugated Bajorans, Bandi, Betazoids and Bolians and had built the bonus structures at each race giving me intel and research boosts.

Race to build large fleet left me with 14 Vor'chas, 16 K'T'ingas, 1 Vor'cha, 53 B'rels and about 10 tts. Chris had 28 WBs (already upgraded to V), 4 SCs again upgraded to IV, 1 R'tan LC, 20 Destroyers and 1 tt, which would have made any battle interesting and close.

MP games demand fast building of fleets, but BOP seems to demand it even more. I'm sorry Chris didn't enjoy this MOD and conceded, as he was still in very good shape, but I was ahead on retire screen and very happy with my overall position, so will happily move onto next round.

Thanks Chris

Regards

Pigman

Return to “Multiplayer Games”