Season 2 2009 round 2 has started

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

dx_chaos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dx_chaos »

Guys

I gotta agree with Dissy - though perhaps not using the same language!

If people are going to refuse to play other people then why enter the tournament? This thing about BORG collective is nonsense - play or dont play :roll:

This cheapens the tourny for everyone involved - with respect to the losing semi finalists who might now play for the title, how can they claim to be the tourny winner?

I believe there should be a punishment for those who enter a tourny and then behave in a manner such as this - perhaps a ban from next tourny or two?

Chaos
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

dx_chaos wrote:This thing about BORG collective is nonsense
Everyone had a fair chance to stop our collective, anyway it's not like we've prearranged a non-attack treaty. Remember, we've played us last time and wesley won and became champion.
We would have liked an interesting match, but the maps we got didn't seem any interesting and we temporarily lost interest.

BotF is a game, not a job!

I see no reason to become angry other than about yourselfes not having performed better.

After all this garbage I'll have to talk with the other BORGs if we want to unify for further tournaments, always acting in collective manner, disregarding title. :lol:
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Got nothing against wesley or flocke, but totally concur with feelings of the majority of tournament entrants.

It's one thing to decide you cannot carry on in a tournament through personal circumstances etc., even though regrettable (and most people who pull out of a tourney do it very reluctantly), yet it's quite another to just say that you don't want to play each other because your buddies.

I understand, correct me if I'm wrong, that wesley and flocke aren't just friends, they're related. Not sure what difference that should make, but it's completely unacceptable that they either won't play each other or one of them defaults to allow the other to be champion.

Sorry if you don't like what I'm saying guys, but I'm sure you get the strength of feeling across this great community.

Despite any loyalties you may have to each other (or the BORG collective!!!) please reconsider your decision not to play each other, if it's not already too late to do so.

Only the first 16 applying were granted entrance to the tournament and there were other players who requested chance to play and so missed out for the 16 of us who put our names down first.

In some ways these people have been cheated even more than those of us who played!

Just my thoughts

Regards

Pigman
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

To be fair flocke i think you underestimate the reaction this has caused....

A lot of people put a lot of time into this tournament. People stayed up long hours to finish games got up early to start....effort by admins, crashes all sorts....

Players also took the rough and the smooth with the maps its in the rules and is easy to follow. Some got good maps some bad - if map was bad and you lost you wish opponent the best and move on to next torny...

Whats with the borg thing? AFC and RSE play eachother all the time and were friends? Who is playing as who? Are you playing for eachother?

We run these torny to help increase MP players and as such getting a solid conclusion is in the entire mp communities interest. We dont want interest to wain which this is clearly going to do. People will not bother playing Borg or with Borg if you just choose to withdraw because of something like maps or that you dont fancy it.

I personally was stunned when i saw the post....
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
dx_chaos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dx_chaos »

Flocke

Just to be clear, I am not angry in the way you seem to suggest.

I am however frustrated and confused in relation to the apparent inability or unwillingness of people to play a match.

JBL and Pigman have both expressed things a lot better than I did but to me it boils down to a simple statement

Don't play unless you are willing to see it through to the end
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

This is disgusting.

Maybe you are unfimiliar with the rules, Flocke, but you enter this tournament as a SINGLE entrant, not a group of Borg/AFC/RSE. This is NOT a GROUP tournament.

I suggest you do not bother participating in the future if this is how you propose to conduct yourself.
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

all this taking "BORG" thing literally is also very immature, come on now, grow up a little:|

it's not asif it's a epic game to play either, it's a t5med, it'll be finished in 2hours probably

edit; seriously can't you just play? I overhear you live nearby/family? Brilliant - just play the game and we can all move on heh
Last edited by RSE_Dissy on Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

IF thunder has no objection, perhaps we should not vent any further frustration, and work back to the semi-finals

Since the existing bracket topic image has been non sticked, would anyone have any objection ( other than BORG ) to myself rebuilding the current tournement bracket and start over without the BORG players concerned

This perhaps is the easyist and most fair way ( in the eyes of perhaps, most of the AFC community ) to have a tournement winner ?
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

nah severenth, i chatted with thunder, those guys have lost.. they're out

the final is FLOCKE vs WESLEY

if they don't "want" to play it, the tournament should be voided and flocke/wesley/(also xxl for "SWAPPING!"?!?!?" tournie positions with wesley) shud be banned from the next tournament.

I just don't see how much of a problem this is, its a t5med, play it.
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

ppl calm down plz. Some posts don't rise the moral (to play) here up into new highs.

Dissy... S**U : I can exactly remember the 3 weeks I was waiting for you and which killed the last tournament for me. You even promised me to play the game. So don't get your knickers in a twist. You should be more than quiet IMO. To the ban. Smoke lesser and better quality and you'll come up to better ideas dude...

Flocke & wesley
: You're equal to another and don't have the time... And most people don't encourage you to fight it out. I personally would really like to see, who is the better "Borg" and I really would like to read this match report. This would be the game.

If you don't find the time or the desire to play it would be a pity. I know you both are more than busy. but it would be the game!

For me personally it would be better than interesting to see the result. So what would be better to find out - who will win -then the finals of this tournament?

Like Pigman I would like to see if you both reconsider your decision and play that "Ãœber-Game".

Declare someone else as champion is senseless and seriously who came up with this stupid idea?

So Flocke & wesley: clear your minds and play it. A tournament w/o champion is bs, and we don't have to play tournaments if noone wants to be champion.

if you need a little QAPLA' of me, you can get it ;)

QAPLA'

your assimilated half klingon-half vulcan :lol:
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Ok I think everyone has had their say on this subject.

after my post this topic will be locked. If you feel you still want to express yourself do this via PM. please do not start new topic.
wesley wrote:PS Flocke and me have less time in the moment.
But a civil war is not possible Weare Borg and have no Viruses =)
I miss this comment on may 29 and should seen this coming.
Flocke wrote:We had some attempts which didn't satisfy both of us.
All tournaments have rule (even the tournament flocke ran)
after breaking rules they were removed from playing match.
Flocke wrote:Take it as a stalemate. ;)
NO, both player were disqualified.
carcher wrote:pity it's ended this way wth no result
I will give carcher and omegaleader as long as they need to complete finals. From e-mail I got from omegaleader it will be 2-3 weeks before he would have any time to play. So I am retracting my previous statement there will be no winner.

EDIT: sorry flocke your last post was auto deleted when I post this post due to topic was locked when I was writing but you posted inbetween I guess. I saw your post last time I previewed my post. then it was gone when I posted.

thunderchero

Return to “Multiplayer Games”