More Tech Levels?

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

More Tech Levels?

Post by severenth »

With the obscene amout of discoveries the past few months, may I suggest the following

Expand tech levels from 10 to anything more than 10 ( perhaps 20 )

I think this would allow for a more balanced devlopment of the game, perhaps even allowing for a more canon experince for thoses perhaps seeking it in All The Ages mod

Thoughts and comments appreciated
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

I plan on keeping an eye on this post but this is still a long way away. many other entries for race tech ect would be needed. so don't hold your breath too long :wink: But it may be possible some day.

thunderchero
FATIGUES
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re

Post by FATIGUES »

My question about adding tech levels would be what would be the the ultimate goal in doing so? As of right now there is an existing tech tree which allows for production of particular ships and structures over a period of time which can even now be edited to be fairly cronologicly correct. Adding tech levels in my oppinion would only make the game unnecissarily complicated and prolong individual players maintennance durring turns because of all the necissary maintenance it will invite due to new levels required for each new indavidual achivment. Im sorry I wholeheartedly protest such a change.
FATIGUES
Duty, Honor, and Dedication
"Give'em Hell..."
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

we are currently seeing more and more ships in game, each to the trek timeline

by having more tech levels, you could space these discoveries out over a longer time, which ' the goal ' would be to enhance the single player game

It would also encourage people to pay more attention to research, as new items could be added ( within the limits of the limitations of the game )

You could also then in theory, have your super vet squad from tech 1, still on par, if not far behind on tech4, as oppoused to having to scrap beacause they simply cant hold there own after 2 tech level advances
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

this has been done to t0-15 chech the techtree.tec post in the modding forum :)

Return to “Modding Information Archive”