Tournament 4 - 2009...what shall we do boys and girls???

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Tournament 4 - 2009...what shall we do boys and girls???

Post by jonboylondon »

At the request of thunder i have started this post to discuss which mod should be next for the MP Tornament.... 8)

There is a slight issue with UDM at the moment due to various changes and time being needed to see these effects so the question is there another option..?

We could try Un-Civil War Mod or All the ages... or even we could have another vanilla (and maybe just change kvort weapons down a bit and nada else to stop kling effect at t5).... what do people think?

Prehaps even a lower tech setting as well?

Some thoughts? :wink:

JBL

:D
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
FATIGUES
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re- JBL

Post by FATIGUES »

At the risk of speaking on a subject in which I have no experience and perhaps no place. My vote would be to postpone the tournament until the UDM has been fixed. But if you've got to choose something all ages has the new larger maps so why not give it a go?
FATIGUES
Duty, Honor, and Dedication
"Give'em Hell..."
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

i am all tourneyd out... let's lay low for a couple of weeks... I'd say UDM should be given a good go - but let's iron out all the wrinkles first...
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

We should have an UDM tournament, but there is no rush, when the other tournaments are finished I see no reason not to start a new fresh vanilla tournament - un-altered 102 goodness!! :P

I'll even draw up the old list of MSN-Gaming zone tournie rules which we used for the "War Tournaments" between RSE v KU and the like!
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

(The old rules included quick restarts until both players had minimum 400 total pop from their side systems if t5, or 250 minimum if t4!)

(And included the "settings or race?" dynamic, whereas the top player in bracket would choose settings OR race..and player on lower bracket would choose other settings - for swift development of tournie settings could be capped at t3 as lowest tech level and med as largest map! thereby each game can be very different etc!)

(In terms of klingons - if you want to play t5 and not vs cloaked kvort the settings you must select are "t5 med no cloak for kling" :P)

(I recommend NO (NONONONO) stats or modifications, a pure 102 mod)

Peace, Love & Unity
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

I agree with Dissy's suggestions.

Also, I'd prefer not to wait. Tournaments generate games, which is a good thing.
ruthlessferengi

i'd really like to try UDM. The question is what are the unresolved issues that need to be addressed and how long will it take... I think apart from BOP, this is the most tuned up mod out there. I believe there was large MP game with dissy/mickar - how did that work out?

As far as vanilla is concerned, does it mean we forget about all the fixes and scrap adjustments? would Flocke's MP mod not be acceptible? also, in as much as i like vanilla, it will come down to kling vs rom T5 all over... I am ok with that but a bit of variety would be nice.

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

As for release of next official version (not test versions) current official version is 3.0.0

If I had some more help testing when next dev vesion is released later this week, If results only need minor adjustments release week after that but would use time during sign up to correct any last min changes found.

as for UDM tournament it would have some new rule put into place (was planned any way) but 4 weeks until start of tournament (2 weeks sign up)
also with more interest max sign up would be 32 player or 2 weeks what ever comes first.

thunderchero
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

As far as vanilla is concerned, does it mean we forget about all the fixes and scrap adjustments?
Yes. Lets play botf how it was meant to be played.
also, in as much as i like vanilla, it will come down to kling vs rom T5 all over
As long as kling can't cloak, every race has a chance of winning. If we do play a vanilla tournament, I promise only to play fed :wink: :wink: :wink:
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

also settings would range from t3-t5, the player who picks settings can also "lend a suggestion" i.e.

"hey wanna do a t5 med ferg v fed"

other player "ok ill go fed!" etc
or

"wanna do t4 med rom v card"
etc!
so no, also, if someone picks settings of "NO CLOAK/NO INTEL" we should get Card v Fed v Kling v Ferg battles all over the shop!

UDM tournie- YES- but epic large maps is a nono, they take weeks to finish so in terms of UDM size must be capped, at small or med in my opinion.

Furthermore. Kling vs Romulan imo is balanced and a very fun matching ;P
ruthlessferengi

well, if UDM can't get started in 4 weeks, i'd go for a vanilla one - and yes, Kling vs Roms - a lot of exciting stuff can happen:) Dissy, Mickar and Chris had a good old time with it in MSN back then, why not now?

EDIT: still, it may be worthwhile to incorporate multiple fixes to bugs and creeps to the original botf the way it was done in MP Flocke's mod but reverse scrapping discounts and whatever stats changes to ship.

RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

bugs such as which do you refer mate?

antideans morale - hmm? leave that, its 102!

known bugs which are clear errors sounds good but in all fairness it would be nice not having to install another version of botf lol
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

yeh, klings v rom is balanced, on the bug fixes note I'd rather like not having to install a new version of botf for once heh... but proper bugs yes maybe.

103 had some nice implements, not being able to see a ships registry of an unknown ship was nice, but imo i think antideans shud stay ENRAGED heh..mhmm

(EDIT: lol two messages saying same.. heh.. i didn't see the first one honest i'm not trying to bunk up my posts here hahahaha

Peace, Love & Unity
FATIGUES
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Re-Yes

Post by FATIGUES »

Where do I sign up for this thing?
FATIGUES
Duty, Honor, and Dedication
"Give'em Hell..."
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

it's not open yet m8, we're just deciding what the structure/settings are guna be

Peace, Love & Unity

Return to “Multiplayer Games”