How to play MP

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

Flocke wrote:
chestermike wrote:Anyone know what I can do to get this working?
I must confess I'm getting a little bored by this. Always the same trouble! :lol:
Mostly this is due to some kind of firewall or router blocking, sometimes it's cause of a modified or corrupted botf or different mod version.
If you're using a firewall, have a look at it's log and assure dplaysvr.exe, warzone.exe and the right trek.exe are set as trusted.
Most issues already have been addressed somewhere in this thread.

I'm sure you'll find the reason, but if not, keep an eye on my sig. ;)
Well you might be getting bored of this mate, but I am not. Just because I am not a computer genius like you guys doesn't make my problems any less relevant.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Flocke wrote:keep an eye on my sig. ;)
I watch it every day pal ;) or should I say "Portmaster of Disaster"?

chestermike, I guess its my fault that Flocke is so bored about this topic ;) I tormented him very often in the past about these issues and he put a lot of time into this stuff to help very much people that just asked and you never seen any sign of them again.

Flocke maybe you should write a fibula about this whole topic? Call it the "Port-Survival-Guide" ;) (yea I know, the time...the time ;) )

so chestermike what can you do...? I suggest to begin to read this thread again. It personally helped me a lot.

Another tip I have is to switch off every torrent software that you might have running in the background. It might switch your ip settings temporary!

And another thing would be useful. Try using google, simply type in your router model or your fw and look through some forums. In nearly 100% of all cases someone else like you, with the same configuration had the similiar problems and a solution, too.

ppl are busy and the searching tbh is your job, not ours. As you seen someone is there in wz most of the time and willing to test.

some other possible sources of error:

- deactivated services
- background programs
- windows defender and similiar anti mal+/spyware stuff
- interfering selfinterupting "security-software"
- old or bad drivers (network, chipset)
- old firmware of your router/whatever
- defective configuration
- crap vista user accounts with their dang limited restrictions to almost everything

you see the list is big and I guess there are some more points. The analysis perhaps will take many hours to figure out what's the source of the problem and honestly most ppl here don't have the time and it isn't a kind of a service here or something.

Therefor we have the forums and the www. Use it to see, if someone had the similiar problems. So its up to you to spend some time. And you don't have to be a computer genius to get this stuff working.

If you don't know what portforwarding is, study wikipedia f.e. I did this myself, too. (also use google instead of the search function here)

So a question doesn't cost anything, that's right, but @first you have to invest your time. It can be annoying to don't get it working within the first 10 clicks, I have to admit, but thats the way it is.

I end with a quote, which helped me a little as I had the same problems in the beginning.
Jonboylondon wrote:keep the faith
and you get it done, I'm sure about

( for the implausible cause, that you're using nvidia firewall, pm me or better deinstall it as fast as you can and replace it with the cuil free Comodo one ;) )

see ya in wz

edit: forgotten the swiss cheese aka the windows firewall as possible source of an error
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

chestermike wrote:Well you might be getting bored of this mate, but I am not. Just because I am not a computer genius like you guys doesn't make my problems any less relevant.
At least I gave an answer. ;)
Just 14 posts above in this thread I posted a big summary, so if that didn't help, you should give some more information than just "DirectPlay Error" cause this error is common whenever botf can't establish the connection.

I like to help, but I'm not the support nurse. *grin*
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

kRAZE, i have invested so much time trying to get this working I am on the verge of giving up. Thanks for trying to help though.
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

dont give up mike 8O come to wz now we can give it another test
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!
JeanLucPicard
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by JeanLucPicard »

Just started on warzone with a friend...but everytime we start a game it will say im leaving the game or the other way around..any ideas?
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

i had this happen to me. are you logged on with your friend from the same ip address?

also, what's your router? did you check this out

viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1003 ?
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
Detch
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Re: How to play MP

Post by Detch »

Love reviving a dead convo haha.

Anyone know why i cannot get MP games to work?

Warzone wont let me create an account, and Hamachi seems to fail as even though we all are on Hamachi we cannot connect to the same game

any ideas?
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: How to play MP

Post by Flocke »

that's a pretty old topic indeed
rather check this one: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1851

by your description there can be many reasons.
e.g. you have incompatible / different modded botf versions, you have an instable wlan connection, you have some security programs interrupting
when you tried to play via hamachi, what did it tell on your connection? it is visualized by an icon beside the user names
regarding warzone check their forum for support, I have no clue, I only heared by thunderchero that some ppl frequently have to set up a new account, not that ppl can't create new ones
could be they banned regional ips or whatever...

HTH

Return to “Multiplayer Games”