Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Pigman wrote:Certainly like the new Heavy Assault Enforcer thunderchero. Have you any idea when the new release will be ready?

Regards

Pigman
no promises, but 2 weeks with a lot of luck for a testing version.

thunderchero
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I really like the models. They all look awesome. I'm interested in seeing them in some live action!

Keep up with the good work you are doing tc!
dremora
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by dremora »

I cannot download this mod, the link is broken, when I click it it says "The file link that you requested is not valid."
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I tried multi installer version link from the dl-section, which worked fine for me.

viewtopic.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=148

try using a download manager, if its not working.
dremora
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by dremora »

that 1 works thank you

thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

you need to install multi insttaller first :wink:

see link below

Note; The link for siggi 4shared account has been closed due to inactivity. :cry:

thunderchero
Nightwind
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Nightwind »

So I found a bug, but I'm not sure whether it is a bug in the original BotF or UDM. I was playing as the Dominion. At the "northern" part of the map, I encountered the Andorians, who had one ship, with my scout. I played through the battle, but retreated after the first turn, as did he. At the southern part of the map I encountered a Federation outpost, two troop transports, and an Excelsior-class with 6 of my fighters. I attacked quickly, destroyed the transports and the Excelsior in 2-3 turns, which cost me two fighters. Then I retreated, but when I came back to the strategic screen I couldn't find my ships. They had been redeployed with my Scout, about 12 sectors away, but also out of their own natural range, so now I can't move them.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Nightwind wrote:So I found a bug, but I'm not sure whether it is a bug in the original BotF or UDM. I was playing as the Dominion. At the "northern" part of the map, I encountered the Andorians, who had one ship, with my scout. I played through the battle, but retreated after the first turn, as did he. At the southern part of the map I encountered a Federation outpost, two troop transports, and an Excelsior-class with 6 of my fighters. I attacked quickly, destroyed the transports and the Excelsior in 2-3 turns, which cost me two fighters. Then I retreated, but when I came back to the strategic screen I couldn't find my ships. They had been redeployed with my Scout, about 12 sectors away, but also out of their own natural range, so now I can't move them.

Sounds like a variation on the "clone ships/fleets" bug. While I've not encountered what you've specifically described, my bet is that it's still a bug native to vanilla BOTF.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
krazyk
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

New install

Post by krazyk »

I just reinstalled UDM3 3.0.0 and with a 22" I'm st 1680x1050. In the game wind it seems to be compressed horizontally and I end up with black bars on each side. I don't remember it doing this before, is there a line in the .ini where I can change this? I looked and didn't see anything pertaining to resolution
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

The bars left and right are normal since the game resolution is not wide-screen.
I have similar bars with my 22" which has the same native resolution with any game or video that is not intended for wide-screen..
As for a possible reason why the image it is distorted: my display tried to modify the image to match the native resolution, with looked pretty strange (though in my case the bars were gone).
I had to deactivate this function in the screen's options menu.
Just a hunch but maybe you need to do something similar.
krazyk
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by krazyk »

MrD wrote:The bars left and right are normal since the game resolution is not wide-screen.
They have never been there before. It's always stretched it to fit. Just wondering why this time is different.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

@Thunderchero

Thunder, if you look in the stbof.res file, the Constitution Class has a higher torpedo accuracy (200) than the Galaxy Class (142). I was wondering if this was intentional or something that may have been looked over. Obviously the Galaxy should have a higher torpedo accuracy than an older starship.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote:@Thunderchero

Thunder, if you look in the stbof.res file, the Constitution Class has a higher torpedo accuracy (200) than the Galaxy Class (142). I was wondering if this was intentional or something that may have been looked over. Obviously the Galaxy should have a higher torpedo accuracy than an older starship.
That would have been overlooked :wink:

thunderchero
MrCoffee
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrCoffee »

thunderchero wrote:
Pigman wrote:Certainly like the new Heavy Assault Enforcer thunderchero. Have you any idea when the new release will be ready?

Regards

Pigman
no promises, but 2 weeks with a lot of luck for a testing version.

thunderchero
So when is it comen, Im about to go nuts here. Feed me please !
Nightwind wrote:So I found a bug, but I'm not sure whether it is a bug in the original BotF or UDM. I was playing as the Dominion. At the "northern" part of the map, I encountered the Andorians, who had one ship, with my scout. I played through the battle, but retreated after the first turn, as did he. At the southern part of the map I encountered a Federation outpost, two troop transports, and an Excelsior-class with 6 of my fighters. I attacked quickly, destroyed the transports and the Excelsior in 2-3 turns, which cost me two fighters. Then I retreated, but when I came back to the strategic screen I couldn't find my ships. They had been redeployed with my Scout, about 12 sectors away, but also out of their own natural range, so now I can't move them.
I have had this happen to me as well, I use the valillia install and sometimes after a battle with one of my scouts ( playing as the rom's) the scout is all the way ( a good 30 sec's away ) at my nearest base. I just deal with it and go on, i think this is a old bug. But its something i can live with.
krazyk wrote:I just reinstalled UDM3 3.0.0 and with a 22" I'm st 1680x1050. In the game wind it seems to be compressed horizontally and I end up with black bars on each side. I don't remember it doing this before, is there a line in the .ini where I can change this? I looked and didn't see anything pertaining to resolution
This sometimes is due to your Graphic Card Driver doing Scaling. I have a Nvidia card and in the settings you can turn on and off what is called graphic scaling. This will make a non widescreen program to fit the screen and res of you have windows set to. If your trying to make the game do that res it wont. you can only do the scaling and it will stretch and blur its way to it. I turn on scaling because after you look at a game that is in 1024 x 768 and then blown up and streched to fit a 1680 x 1050 ( not only dose it look like crap ) it gives me a headach after a little bit. Just a tid bit from me.

On a diff note

I was running Windows 7, as most of you have read in the Windows 7 BOTF post for this. I had to uninstall it due to problems with OTHER programs ( mainly no realy good anti virus { Dont like AVG }, ect ) and I reinstall Windows XP 64x, XP64 runs so much faster than Win7, its almost dubble the speed, and if were talken about Vista, ba, why. So if you got any questinos about xp64 im your man.

Me and my son still play the heck out of this, he tends to play the feds and i play the klingons, or roms. We love the new extra, extra, extra huge maps now. We play on Impossable and went almost 500 turns with out a major encounter, but most of our games are over by turn 750.

I droped out a bit of this, and im back. Still a great game and mod.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

MrCoffee wrote:So when is it comen, Im about to go nuts here. Feed me please !
Well :oops: this is why I hate giving a release date :wink:

Ship stats are taking longer than I thought, but are almost ready. But still need to make many adjustment after that.

soonest would be one week more.... longest?

thunderchero

Return to “Modding Information Archive”