Tournament 3 2009 Balance of power winner ruthlessferengi

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Congrats ruthless,

it sounds like it was a well played game.

thunderchero
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Congratulations to ruthless for a well played game.

Oh, and next I'm over your system ready to bomb and you decide to scrap all industy, I'd appreciate you letting me know. :lol: :lol:
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

i won't do anything stupid like this again, hopefully:) unless i do it again, of course :))
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Congratulations RF. :)

(message too short)
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

so do we call you ruthlesscardie now? :)

well done mate sounded lika a great game

congrats
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Congrats Ruthless.

It's the tourney win that's been overdue for you :)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Congratulations Ruthless from me and the Borg Clan, too. :)
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

Congratulations on your great victory and your new rank, RuthlessFerengi

Also I want to thank everybody who participated in this tourney and especially thunderchero for organizing it :)
A discovery consists in seeing something everybody has seen and at the same time thinking something nobody has thought yet.
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

I think the BoP tournament was one of the best yet, but then it's the one I got furthest in.

So Gowron, thanks for taking the time to create this Mod. If you look back through the posts, you will see comments from various on how we think it could be better for next time around, but I think it's certainly the best balanced so far.

So Gowron, well done!

Regards

Pigman
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

Yeah congratulations for the tournament victory ruthless. I bet it has been well gained. Pity that I got that less time atm and therefore had to withdraw after 40 turns or so against JBL.

There still isn't enough time for me to participate in another tourney yet. So JBL if you're gonna read this you'll have my answer to your PM. If you won't read then I'll send one back but I gotta go take care of some personal business now. See y'all soon.

Cheers

CD
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

Pigman wrote:I think the BoP tournament was one of the best yet, but then it's the one I got furthest in.

So Gowron, thanks for taking the time to create this Mod. If you look back through the posts, you will see comments from various on how we think it could be better for next time around, but I think it's certainly the best balanced so far.
I want to thank everyone for all the comments, and make a short summary about the proposals that were posted.

Ramming was a balance issue.
--> This has been fixed in v1.2.

Some people would like to see fleet production taking more time.
--> The easiest solution would probably be to start at the 4th starting level instead of the 5th ("deathmatch") level. But I'll also have a look at the credit output factors and maybe reduce them a bit in the future, now that the scrapping exploit is gone :)

Ship maintenance costs made it difficult to field large fleets.
--> The new ship support formula in v1.2 makes it possible to support considerably larger fleets now. Let's see how it changes gameplay.

Raiding and scrapping are no longer among the best options to generate income.
--> While scrapping doesn't need to be a key economic factor, raiding will undergo some testing to determine the ideal percentages, i.e. making raids a bit stronger again without overshooting the mark.
Pigman wrote:Also, is it really neccessary to be surrounded at T5 with 5 large developed systems, all with 3 class M planets? I'm sure that a bit of variety in this area would be easy to achieve, but still allow balance, just to make the game more interesting.
--> Sounds good. If you find a way to do that, then please post it in the modding section. I'm sure people will be very happy about that (at least I'd be) ;)

Also, Dilithium seems to have been a key factor, maybe even becoming too important.
--> Some new Dilithium buildings are on my To-Do list anyway, so expect a few changes soon ;)
A discovery consists in seeing something everybody has seen and at the same time thinking something nobody has thought yet.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”