Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

@exceL,

The "Deep Space Array" gives 5 scan range
The "Covert Sensor Array" give 5% intel total (no scan range)
both work :wink:

EDIT; I see your problem now :wink: if you start at tech 9 it works but if upgrade is bought scan is 0 will add this to list.

I also have plans for editing research just forgot to add it to list.

also small change for effect of gifts to minors (more effect)

The Akira and Prometheus classes need to upgrade to keep a balance in multi player games. But this is easily changed with UE for your personal use.

thunderchero
corestandeven
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by corestandeven »

exceL wrote: …. 10-15 turns had passed, and neither race had sent any ships to invade my territory; but prior to the non-aggression pact, their ships were all over my territory, bombing the heck out of me, so I had found it weird that nobody was doing anything against me… just wondering if anyone else had experienced something like this?
In the game I’m in (small irregular galaxy, playing as Federation, impossible difficulty, UDM 3.0.0_English_a), the Dominion, Romulans and the Klingons have been at war with me for ages. In that time I’ve had no attempted invasions. The Dominion in particular have been at war with me the longest (40+ turns now) and apart from the odd probe ship venturing in I’ve not had a peep from them. So I scouted their territory to find over 25 ships (quite powerful ones too) hanging about their home system, but never moving. I have a poorly 9 ship fleet of Excellsiors, so they could wipe the floor with me if they wanted.
thunderchero wrote: @corestandeven,

this could be done but you would need to hex edit trek.exe.
Is there some (hate to use this word, but) ‘idiots’ guide to do this easily? Ie. download program X, run it, open trek.exe, change ZZZ.

I just want to cut star frequency by, say a third. If that was successful I’d then like to increase minor frequency for small galaxies.

Finally, @thunderchero, where/what is the latest version of UDM? I have the one from the downloads section, UDM 3.0.0_English_a.

The 4shared link on the first post, and siggi’s signature, doesn’t seem to work. Thanks
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

corestandeven wrote:Finally, @thunderchero, where/what is the latest version of UDM? I have the one from the downloads section, UDM 3.0.0_English_a.

The 4shared link on the first post, and siggi’s signature, doesn’t seem to work. Thanks
siggi has been MIA for about 7-8 months and his for shared has been closed due to inactivity.

here is latest Dev version, but only about 1 week before next test version is released. :wink:

UDMIII_3.0.1dev1_b
File size 87.6mb
hard drive space required 624mb

Note; older versions must be uninstalled before installing any newer version and saves will not work.

Multi main installer required.
BOTF 1.0.2 English\German

hex editing can be difficult, I am not sure why you feel it is needed. Just do not colonize systems and leave them empty :?: Also from image you posted that is small map from large exe? If you use normal exe and small map there would be much less systems :wink: as for minors this also has to be hex edited.

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Archos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Archos »

A word of warning about long wars without much action: the enemy are building up enormous invasion fleets...so my suggestion is to reinforce your borders with every thing you have got (starbases, ships) and activate all your orbital batteries around key systems.

One good thing if you play as either the Klingons or Romulans and are at war...if you have a nebula along a border, build a Starbase there, then if you see an enemy fleet closing in...send in all your cloaked ships. I did this as the Klingons against the Romulans...they had 107 ships, I had 77 plus a Starbase...

Starbase destroyed in first volley...but then my cloaked ships attacked the unshielded ships (most of my lot were 'Legendary'). I managed to win with 26/77 ships left, whereas they retreated with 1. EPIC WIN
thunderchero wrote:Hi Everyone,

It has been 2 weeks since dev 1 release, I would like to hear some final thought before I begin editting for dev 2.

here is my list of changes to make;

card TT build images and turn model around
dom attack fighter build image
klin heavy scout build image
add wormoles
adjust AI build requierments
check all starting buildings
maquis and bajor and cordian buildings mixed up
new feds ship list and models
edit research requirments
adjust effect gifts to minors
fix cards scanner
replace alt res
complete sounds for alt res (hope by final release)
Added option during install for large map "extended view"

new fed ship line up;

ship class year commissioned
Intrepid heavy scout 2370

Oberth scout I 2270
Centaur scout II 2330
Saber scout III 2365

Norway heavy destroyer I 2365
Defiant Heavy destroyer II 2370

Miranda destroyer I 2260
Soyuz destroyer II 2278
Miranda refit destroyer III 2285

Akira Heavy cruiser I 2365
Prometheus Heavy cruiser II 2375

Constitution cruiser I 2245
Excelsior cruiser II 2284

Steamrunner heavy strike 2365

Elite strike I 2284
Nebula strike II 2357

Sovereign dreadnought 2372

Constellation command I 2284
Ambassador command II 2330
Galaxy command III 2360
Galaxy II command IV 2360

thunderchero
The Elite Class is a bit of a naff name LOLZ...is the Galaxy II just going to be a standard Galaxy Class, or is it going to be the Galaxy X, cos that would be cool for say Research 10....and is the Excelsior going to replace the Constitution?
Last edited by Archos on Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain Nathan Dixon
Executive Officer, Starbase Pegasus
Siren Fleet
http://pegasus.siren-fleet.com/forums
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

Is dilithium only in minor race systems?

I started playing on one of those massive large maps and after uncovering about 1/8 of the map I have only found one other source of dilithium, the ferengi.

That's definitely not enough dilithium for a massive map like this one, since you can colonize a ridiculous number of systems without fear of being invaded you can afford to support a huge fleet. But with only 2 shipyards and 1 ghosting dilithium it'll take sometime to build a large fleet.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
Archos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Archos »

Yeah...theres loads of systems...but Dilithium is precious now...think of it as the Oil of the Star Trek Universe. SO, I think thats a good compromise.
Captain Nathan Dixon
Siren Fleet
Archos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Archos »

exceL wrote:
EDIT - I just remembered about your shiplist adjustments: I, personally, would like to be able to build both the Akira and Prometheus class. I've always liked the Akira class, and it I liked how I could mass Akira classes with only a few Prometheus classes, as it seemed how ST was (well, to be completely realistic, ST only showed one Prometheus class, right? And that was in Voyager).

That was because it was still the Experiemental one and if you looked carefully in Endgame...I believe you can see two

---Maybe UDM4 could feature the Titan Class---

EDIT - OOPS, SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE POST
Captain Nathan Dixon
Siren Fleet
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

trevtones wrote:Is dilithium only in minor race systems?
no it still uses 1 out of 10 from vanilla settings this could be edited for larger maps, but have not decided if this will be done :wink:
Archos wrote:is the Galaxy II just going to be a standard Galaxy Class, or is it going to be the Galaxy X, cos that would be cool for say Research 10....and is the Excelsior going to replace the Constitution?
galaxy upgrade will be same model not galaxyX.
yes excelsior will be upgrade for constitution.

note; when viewing ship changes and movement in list. only models will be changed so if model was moved to a lower class spot it will have the weaker stats from that spot (stronger if moved to stronger spot). stats for each class will be unchanged.

thunderchero
Max_Sparta
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Max_Sparta »

just out of curiosity will the next version have the adjustment for when you go to large map view? Only setting trade routes up across a large area is impossible if the entire map is shown and really tedious when using the small map view. XD

And I like the idea for the destroyer modifications.. it beats mine XD
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Max_Sparta wrote:just out of curiosity will the next version have the adjustment for when you go to large map view? Only setting trade routes up across a large area is impossible if the entire map is shown and really tedious when using the small map view. XD
yes, this will be option when first installing mod (next version). normal small view or extended small view. (large trek.exe only)

thunderchero
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

@archos:

The Galaxy II is reasonable a refitted Galaxy class as known from DS9 and Technical Manuals (e.g.: USS Magellan) rather then a Galaxy X which is purely fictious from another future timeline(TNG).

I think the Federation shiplist is pretty much canon now. Of course it might be interesting to have less upgrades, thus being able to build e.g. the Akira and Prometheus class at the same time. But since we can't have such a disadvantage for the Federation in MP games, we would first need respective shipmodels for those shiptypes for all other races aswell. In a future Update this might happen, but it could also be something to be done in UDMIV.

As for test-reviews: Friends, try to get some MP games going. We need feedback if the balance between the races is reasonable now to allow fair chances for all races, especially at higher starting levels. This is very important to provide me a base version of UDM that I need to create the canon map.
Last edited by Mentat on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
exceL
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by exceL »

thunderchero wrote:@exceL,

The "Deep Space Array" gives 5 scan range
The "Covert Sensor Array" give 5% intel total (no scan range)
both work :wink:

EDIT; I see your problem now :wink: if you start at tech 9 it works but if upgrade is bought scan is 0 will add this to list.

I also have plans for editing research just forgot to add it to list.

also small change for effect of gifts to minors (more effect)

The Akira and Prometheus classes need to upgrade to keep a balance in multi player games. But this is easily changed with UE for your personal use.

thunderchero
Ahh, I understand. It WAS pretty intimidating when the Federation sent 50+ ships strictly comprised of Akira and Prometheus classes...and that was just the 3-speed advanced cruisers...lol, although it sure was a great battle! :D
corestandeven wrote:
exceL wrote: …. 10-15 turns had passed, and neither race had sent any ships to invade my territory; but prior to the non-aggression pact, their ships were all over my territory, bombing the heck out of me, so I had found it weird that nobody was doing anything against me… just wondering if anyone else had experienced something like this?
In the game I’m in (small irregular galaxy, playing as Federation, impossible difficulty, UDM 3.0.0_English_a), the Dominion, Romulans and the Klingons have been at war with me for ages. In that time I’ve had no attempted invasions. The Dominion in particular have been at war with me the longest (40+ turns now) and apart from the odd probe ship venturing in I’ve not had a peep from them. So I scouted their territory to find over 25 ships (quite powerful ones too) hanging about their home system, but never moving. I have a poorly 9 ship fleet of Excellsiors, so they could wipe the floor with me if they wanted.
The AI DOES seem to do that a lot. However, it isn't the fact that the AI is hanging around in its own territory that strikes me as odd, it's the missing ~250 warships that caught my attention; moreover, the AI had around 30-40 troop transports each - now I can't even begin to tell you how the ratio of transports:warships the AI builds, but I'm 95% sure that the more troop transports the AI has, the more warships, unless, of course, you've blown them all up already :P.

@ Archos,

Ah, I didn't see that. Although I would LOVE to see more action with A FEW Prometheus class vessels. I think a skirmish with a few Prometheus class vessels and a few Dominion warships would be quite interesting :)

Anyhow, continue what you guys are doing here! So far, everything has be amazing overall - I, and I'm sure many more, appreciate what you guys are doing here. Keep up the good work!
corestandeven
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by corestandeven »

thunderchero wrote: siggi has been MIA for about 7-8 months and his for shared has been closed due to inactivity.

here is latest Dev version, but only about 1 week before next test version is released. :wink:

UDMIII_3.0.1dev1_b
Thanks thunderchero, I think i'll wait till your next version. Makes more sense.

Do you have a changelog for your new update we can view?
thunderchero wrote: hex editing can be difficult, I am not sure why you feel it is needed. Just do not colonize systems and leave them empty :?: Also from image you posted that is small map from large exe? If you use normal exe and small map there would be much less systems :wink: as for minors this also has to be hex edited.
Sorry, noob question, but what do you mean by large exe?

But your right though, I guess I can just ignore the uncolonized systems. I think I have more of an issue with the fact that the computer AI refuses to colonize systems in its on sphere of influence :-)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

With good feedback this version is very close to final 3.0.1version for final release :D (I hope :?: ) I would like to have more feedback on cardassian strength in battle with other races. Balance has been main goal for this version so this is important :wink: . also some quick feedback on new building bonuses would be great too. :)

Here is a UPDATE PATCH for dev 1 install only.

DO NOT uninstall UDM3.0.1dev1 before running this installer.

UDMIII_3.0.1_dev2_b update

This will update 3.0.1dev 1 to 3.0.1dev2 only
old SAVES will be uncompatable when installed
MP vs player with dev 1 installed will not work, reg settings changed

changes

card TT build tga images replaced and turn model around
dom attack fighter build tga image replaced
klin heavy scout build tga image replaced
add wormoles back into game
AI build requierments adjusted
starting buildings edited;
Phoenix Facility and Subatomic Simulators changed to fix amount
Bunker training new structure for feds and roms 20% Ground defense
cards scanner fixed also lower tech for all race (tech 6) gives feds, kling, minors 5 scan range cards, dom, rom 6 scan range
industry bonus lowered for Internment Camp and Labor Camp to 15%
Reman Mining Complex energy cost lowered to 300
few small changes to minor structures
maquis and bajor structure corrected

new feds ship list and models;

ship class year commissioned
Intrepid heavy scout 2370

Oberth scout I 2270
Centaur scout II 2330
Saber scout III 2365 (moved)

Norway heavy destroyer I 2365 (moved)
Defiant Heavy destroyer II 2370

Miranda destroyer I 2260 (new model)
Soyuz destroyer II 2278 (moved)
Miranda refit destroyer III 2285 (renamed)

Akira Heavy cruiser I 2365 (moved)
Prometheus Heavy cruiser II 2375 (moved)

Constitution cruiser I 2245
Excelsior cruiser II 2284 (moved)

Steamrunner heavy strike 2365

Elite strike I 2284 (new model)
Nebula strike II 2357

Sovereign dreadnought 2372

Constellation command I 2284 (moved)
Ambassador command II 2330
Galaxy command III 2360
Galaxy II command IV 2360 (new upgrade)

edit research requirments;
dev 1 was 30% increase all levels
dev 2 from vanilla settings;
to upgrade to tech 10 no change
to upgrade to tech 9 10% increase
to upgrade to tech 8 20% increase
to upgrade to tech 7 30% increase
to upgrade to tech 6 40% increase
to upgrade to tech 5 50% increase
to upgrade to tech 4 60% increase
to upgrade to tech 3 70% increase
to upgrade to tech 2 80% increase

gifts to minors edited to 1/3 increase
replace alt res (completed sounds for alt res soon (hope by final release))
Added option during install for large map "extended view"
7 new minor ships;
T'Lani Raider (vanilla model)
Orions Raider (new model)
Ktarians Destroyer (vanilla model)
Nausicaans Warship (new model)
Trill Cruiser (vanilla model)
Yridian Scout (vanilla model)
Zakdorn Trainer (vanilla model)

minor race attitude adjusted (by mentat)
Home starting building edited to build requirments

Edit; here is dev 2 html ship and building stats only

Have fun playing :wink:
We still need as much feedback as possible,

thunderchero

P.S. tell me if you like "patch" exe or would like "full installer" exe
Last edited by thunderchero on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:42 am, edited 13 times in total.
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

Awesome thunderchero, perfect timing. Im leaving tomorrow morning so I can play this on the long plane ride!!! :-)
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:

Return to “Modding Information Archive”