TOURNAMENT 4 2009 "VANILLA" - NOW OFFICIAL!!

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Torrad told he is pretty busy atm. and will contact me as soon as he has time.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
Torrad
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Torrad »

Ok so Mentat and myself finally played our game tonight.

I'll admit to being a little peeved at first - Mentat turned up 3hrs 30mins late for the time we'd arranged and then dropped the bombshell that he'd like to play T2, Large, Many.

We had a bit of confusion about who got to pick but i couldn't be arsed to argue about it and let him chose settings and race. I went with Rom/Card knowing he'd pick Rom but hoping that i could out-produce him and tech up via minors and conquering a major.

We started and i instantly conquered Angosia (a mistake as i'd later learn). I friended Antede and waited for them to pop. I found Pakled around turn 40 and affliated them - by this time i'd also affliated Antede without spending any credits on the process.

About turn 60 they both popped and I membered them both. However just prior to this I met the feds and that's when I asked the question... "What difficulty is this on?" Mentat informed me it was imposs... that was as good a reason as any as to why the federation had a fleet capable of wiping me out. I instantly offered non-aggression and the feds accepted: Bullet officially dodged.

By turn 75 the pact had died and i'd got about 17 fast attack (all dest but 2 which were scouts) and 2 pakled transports. The cheeky feds tried to build an outpost inbetween a colony of mine and Pakled so i engaged and managed to wipe out 5 light cruisers without too many loses - a major victory for me and as I was preparing to engage another 4 fed LC's Mentat conceded the game.

Turns out he'd had less luck with ferengi and was being annihilated by the AI.

I think this is the first tournament game where the AI have directly defeated one of the human players. I think in the future mentat might want to test run his settings to ensure he can cope ;)

lol honestly though. It was a good game and would have been better if the diff was on normal/hard and there were no minors. I think this was a learning curved for Mentat and I look forward to playing this game against him with the right settings sometime!

Some screenies follow...

As you can see by the last screenshot. Ferg's were winning (probably due to their domination of Roms) and Fed were in second place. I think I could have taken feds as at the time of concession I had researched my research simulators, pheonix facility and my cruiser.

Oh I almost forgot - subjugating angosia was a problem because, the diff being on imposs, they were impossible to boost the moral. I lost all industry on the planet, lots of food and energy. All in all a massive pain in the bum which - if i'd known at the start of the game about the impossible diff I could have avoided.
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Torrad and I are going to proceed with our semi-final game over the next few days, as I'm away for a week from the 28th.

Cheers
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

mickar and I are due a semi final game,

I propose Monday night? Tuesday is my day off so that'd be nice for me... to start around 8 British Summer Time evening, sound good mick?

To respond to your t5 med many irreg imp settings request, the race pairing i would like is; klingon v federation.
Last edited by RSE_Dissy on Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

Oh...

COME ON THE RSE!!! IT WILL BE ALL RSE FINAL I FORSEE THIS CROWN FALLING ON RSE HEAD

BRING IT MICKAR YOUR GOING DOWN YOUR GUNA GET CREAMED YOUR GUNA GET SERVED!

Peace, Love & Unity
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

well, can't wait to see the report of THAT match:) dissy has been rearing up to get what's rightfully his and mickar has pretty much decided on the outcome months ago:) this is going to be very interesting:) is mickar former RSE?

bets anybody?

i bet on, well, klingons:)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

dissy,

can't do tuesday at that time. i don't work from home anymore so i'm available from 5pm on weekdays and say 9am sat/sun, my time. or 1am weekdays and 5pm weekends your time.

Ok, i pick fed.

and ruthless, i would never lower myself to join such a nOOb clan 8) 8) 8)
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

dissy as his favourite race, the klingon empire

vs

mickar as his favourite race, the federation

guna be great:)

1am tuesday morning my time, 5pm monday night your time?

Peace, Love & Unity
Torrad
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Torrad »

Played Chris in a T2, large, irreg, no minor, normal diff game.

Chris opted for Rom/Card and i chose Rom's.

We met on turn 75 and I thought I was doing good.

Turns out Chris out-teched me - probably mainly because i didn't have a clue what I was doing.

We fought about turn 130 when he beat me to SOL and I lost.

GG.
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

No big report as T2 game is too long.

Pretty much as Torrad said.

I out-teched from rushing to theoretical simulators and mass building them on all my (9) colonies, giving me 1000+ research by turn 90ish.

I then took SOL on turn 125 whilst Torrad was looking for my fleet/systems at the opposite side to where my fleet were engaging Feds.

Consequently all my ships were upgraded; scout2s and Cruiser2s, against his Destroyer1s and Cruiser 1s. Tech won the game, finishing at turn 139.

Cheers Torrad, a good game as always.

______

Dissy, just you left to make it an all RSE final, no pressure lol.

Mickar, die well. If Dissy does not finish you off, I will. :)
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

dissy,

sounds good. looking forward to killing you. :) :) :)
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

the final of the biggest botf tournament yet will be, as foretold;

RSE_Chris VERSUS RSE_Dissy

--

Semi final details;

mickar pick t5 med many irreg imposs

i pick fed vs klingon

mickar pick fed

i take klingon

game completed around turn 17

here is battle screenshot:

KAPLA!

i also had 2 hc and 3 tt cudn't make the fight

mickar started with an extra dilithium, 2/3.

we restarted until had 170/255 as fed system and 180/260 as kling system

i met AI and pwned them early threatening roms for a cash non aggro and harassing cardies and fergs with kvorts for more cash conquered anticas and sheliak on my way to federation border who i'd spied right away, had to colonise using my colony ship to get my 3rd dilith..

the battle took place over federation system of trill which i was ready to pillage !

thanks for game mickar

--

CHRIS LOOK OUT DISSYS ABOUT AND ON +8 STREAK ON LADDER. GOOD LUCK YOU WILL NEED IT

MUAHAHAHAH JOIN ME IN DEMOLISHING A DOZEN KEGS OF BLOOD WIN IN CELEBRATION OF GLORIOUS CONQUEST OF THE FEDERATION!

KAPLA

Peace, Love & Unity
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

First of all, congrats to dissy. He beat me fair and square and I offer no excuses. My only consolation is the wide disparity in demands. dissy got 70+ and i got 10, which was the difference in the battle.

My massive ego can't accept defeat easily and this time is no difference. But I will exact my revenge the next time we meet.:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I will now cheer for dissy and then brag about losing to the tournament champion 8) 8) 8)
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

i'd have had more had you not blown up 7 industry foundries on QuoNos you dirty spy

edit;

haha and was it you that blew up one of my kvorts too?

Peace, Love & Unity
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Yes, that was very very very fun killing ur industry like that with my powerful fed intel but more fun was killing ur kvort. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Edit: And it was turn 19, not 17. I'm not an rse nOOb u know. 8) 8) 8)

Return to “Multiplayer Games”