After the Dominion War..

This forum contains threads from main General Chat forum older than 3 months.

Moderator: thunderchero

enigma
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

After the Dominion War..

Post by enigma »

Hi everyone ^^

First, let me say "sorry".. I come from germany and I use my english not every day. When you don't understand what I'm writing here.. mea culpa^^

This is my first posting here. I'm a member of this forum since several month and I downloaded all the versions of the UDM III Mod. I have to say.. great job !!!

But when I play BotF with the newest UDM III Mod version, there is one thing I always have to think about:
What about AFTER the Dominion War? We all know, In Star Trek DS9, the Dominon War ended with the victory for the Federation, Klingons and Romulans. The Dominion is beaten, Cardassia is destroyed.. and then? Star Trek will not end with the end of the war. There are other races in the galaxy who could be a match for the Federation and the other Empires in the Alpha/Beta Quadrant.

In UDM III is the highest deployment if you can build the big Dreadnoughts, like Sovereign, Hutet etc. And Then? Is there nothing anymore? When you play the Federation, your first cruiser is the Constitution and you feel a little bit like Captain Kirk. The highest technical deployment in UDM III is the same as in the end of DS9.
So let me say.. how about to begin later with the deployment?
When the first ships you can build are not Oberth and Constitution, but Excelsior or Ambassador and the Sovereign will be able to build at level 7(?), you can add other ships to all empires. Refits for the Sovereign, Trans Warp (played as ships with a speed of 4 on the map?) and even more.. and you can replace some races from the alpha and beta quadrant with some from ST Voyager.. Talaxians, Hirogen, Kazon..
Cardassia could be only a small race, cause thats all what is left after the war. You could replace them with.. Borg? Or a other big race.. there are enough of them in Star Trek........
dennycrane
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by dennycrane »

Hi enigma and all others,

You're right. There has to be something after the war. But after Nemesis, the producers of "Star Trek Titan" made - in my opinion - some pretty good stories.
It's fun to see how the romulan empire is re-forming in different ways. Well I don't want to say to much.
I just like the books.

As to your suggestions for changing the races in BotF:
I believe there are some interesting other mods in the download section you should try. Have a look.

DennyCrane
The Federation claims to ignore Section31's tactics.
But when it comes to the dirty work they look the other way...
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

It'd be fun to see the Hirogen as a playable race. :)
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Well according to the books series...DS9 has a storyline that keeps ongoing...there's that Mirror Universe Saga, the Emissaries from other realities to name a few....Next Gen has the Borg destroying the Federation, Titan is exploring and charting new territories, plus plot lines with the NX 02 Crew from the Columbia...Voyager is still up and running (sorry didn't read the book yet..still on the shelf).

I'm somewhat back logged in book reading lol
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

How about a Romulan War mod?

Still I don't know what type of ships could be included. The Enterprise Era remains pretty cloaked.
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

for Enterprise era:
Human
Romulan
Xindi
that race of transtemporal/spacial invaders
Vulcans?
Andorians?
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

marhawkman wrote:for Enterprise era:
Human
Romulan
Xindi
Vulcans?
Andorians?
Klingons???
Orions?
marhawkman
Commander
Commander

Post by marhawkman »

Ah, I thought I was forgetting someone, Orion would make for a nice faction. :)

Xindi
Vulcans
Andorians
Orion

That should make for an interesting set of play options.
Nova86
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Nova86 »

If you're doing a Romulan War mod, I suggest using www.starfleet-museum.org for your basis. That said the 5 Empires are:

United Earth Alliance (Earth, Andoria, Tellar Prime, and Proxima Colony)
The Romulan Empire
The Klingon Empire
The Orion Syndicate
Vulcan High Command (they sat out the war...so not part of the Alliance)

If we are talking about the original topic of the post which is post-Dominion war, then:

The Khitomer Accords Alliance (Federation, Klingons, Ferengi, and Romulan Imperial State)

The Typhon Pact (Romulan Empire, Tholians, Tzenkethi, Breen, Gorn, Kinshaya)

The Dominion (after all, they still exist, even if we haven't done much with them recently)

Xindi Sphere Builder Race (since they pose a problem in the 26th century, why not the early 25th?)

The Cardassian Union (too weak to join either the pact or the alliance, but has the potential to become a galactic player again.)
snapper421
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by snapper421 »

sounds sweet i wana play that rom war with primative weapons
TurboC
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by TurboC »

Could be Borg, but that would be boring.

I would say ... Andromedans or something outside the galaxy. After all, Andromedans came during a TOS episode and hinted that more would be coming later to conquer the Milky Way. Also, in Enterprise, that femmy future-guy talked about a threat outside the galaxy (?) which caused lots of the races to unite against it. Heh.

Sounds like it's going beyond the scope of the game though.
thefinalbattalion
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by thefinalbattalion »

I haven't a clue what to make of this topic, but I would like to commend you on your Latin, enigma.

Return to “General Chat Archive”