Past Administrator
Past Administrator

(Download) ST:BotF Galaxies MOD v0.4.0

Post by Tethys »

This file is now part of the BOTF All in One 2.0.3 installer

2vjymuo.png
2vjymuo.png (291.56 KiB) Viewed 12643 times

!!! LATEST VERSION DOWNLOADS !!!
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 - LATEST VERSION (REQUIRES AIO Installer)
Feedback Thread

!!! PLEASE read BEFORE posting your feedback in Feedback Thread (not to double post issues) !!!:
k32dsi.png
k32dsi.png (249.79 KiB) Viewed 12643 times
14lm1qu.png
14lm1qu.png (590.64 KiB) Viewed 12643 times
b6pzdf.png
b6pzdf.png (526.42 KiB) Viewed 12643 times
2uo6vwk.png
2uo6vwk.png (474.26 KiB) Viewed 12643 times
2e1sisi.png
2e1sisi.png (370.82 KiB) Viewed 12643 times
Backstory

2240: 5 Major powers rise in the Galaxy. The enigmatic Dominion are just beginning to stir in the Gamma Quadrant; the Romulans, true to their secrecy, keep mostly to themselves; the Klingons, with their thrist for conquest, roam the galaxy in search of battle; and the Borg, bent on assimilation of all sentient species, with the ability to traverse vast distances in a single turn, search for perfection. But beware, lurking from inside Fluidic Space is a very powerful foe...

2280: As the powers grow, as does their technological distinctiveness.

2320: The Dominion make contact with the Alpha Quadrant and quickly gain the Cardassians and Breen. With the ability to build these ships, the Dominion Alliance quickly makes expansion into the Alpha Quadrant. Meanwhile, the Borg continue their quest for perfection. Their expensive yet extremely powerful ships can decimate even entire fleets if needed, and wreak havoc on civilized worlds.

2350: Gaining a strong foothold in the Alpha Quadrant, the Dominion can build ships faster than any race in the galaxy, making large fleets composed of Jem'Hadar, Cardassian, and Breen forces. Can the Federation strike up alliances with the Klingons and Romulans to combat this invasion of existence?

2380: All out war breaks loose as the 4 Major powers collide in a struggle for the Alpha Quadrant, the Borg beginning their expansion at an exponential rate. Contact is made... will they join the Dominion in conquering the Alpha Quadrant; will they side with the Federation to combat a threat to all forms of solids... or will they assimilate everything in their path, forcing the entire galaxy to unite against this powerful tyrant?

Mod Type

New from clean 1.0.2 w/ No CD, Multi Installer. To be as close to Canon as possible (with regards to ship classes for most major powers)

Empires involved

The Dominion Alliance (Cardassian, Breen, Jem'Hadar, Karemma)
The United Federation of Planets
The Borg Collective
The Klingon Empire
The Romulan Star Empire

Galactic Timeframe

2240 Level 1 (Beginning)
2280 Level 4 (Early)
2320 Level 7 (Developed)
2350 Level 10 (Expanded)
2380 Level 14 (Advanced)

New Minors

Yes

First Release

TBD, possibly 1 month following release of UDM 3.0.1 (unless different models are used)

Creators

Tethys
Anyone who wants to help (Dr_Breen, thunderchero, DCER) for helping me out with some bugs and graphics.
war800 wrote:sounds quite interesting of a modd....have you already created the borg ships for the game?

Yes, Dr_Breen had made some Borg ship models for a Mod which is no longer being pursued, so I gained the permissions to use them and have imported them. I am currently working on the balancing factors, trying to get the prices up while keeping production low to counter huge fleets of Cubes while other major powers have much weaker ships... and also lowering the cost and maintenance costs of races other than the Borg for massive fleets to combat Borg threats.

All in all i expect it not to be perfect, but I will be trying my best :D
Last edited by Tethys on Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:27 am, edited 18 times in total.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
war800
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by war800 »

it's your mod, so do whatever you want to do with it. just keep it fun

if you want help with just editing with UE as a whole, i could help when i have time.....but other than that, i'm not that experienced with hex editing to be much help there
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Balancing ship costs and stats is very much a trial and error process Tethys ;)

You've got a promising idea for a mod there by the way :)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

yeah it sure is, i may change the 2 ships i need in order to release (since those 2 wont be avail until 1 month after release of UDM 3.0.1) for an early beta to get everyone's opinions on ship cost versus power and expansion.

and thanks :P
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

@ war800 i will keep that in mind thank you for the offer :D
San_Greal
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by San_Greal »

Will the borg have colony ships? or just transport ships for a subjugation-only race as they seem to be?
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

ive been thinking about this and i think i will let the community test it out both with and without colony ships to see which they like better... right now ive been testing them with colony ships..

keep on the lookout for a poll on this once the beta is available...

Tethys
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I apologize for my extended absence, since I did relocate to a new city I will have a stable internet connection tomorrow, so you can expect me to get right back on this project as soon as possible.

UPDATE
Currently I am working on balancing ship stats and buildings; most, if not all ship models have been imported into the game; a modded credits screen is being worked on.

I hope to have a community release very soon.

Thank you all for your patience. :P
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

San_Greal wrote:Will the borg have colony ships? or just transport ships for a subjugation-only race as they seem to be?
Tethys wrote:ive been thinking about this and i think i will let the community test it out both with and without colony ships to see which they like better... right now ive been testing them with colony ships..

keep on the lookout for a poll on this once the beta is available...

Tethys
But don't the Borg take advantage of resources? They view people as simply another resource, doesn't mean they would pass up the resources on an unoccupied world.

I'd suggest, if possible, that citizens of a planet the Borg capture don't have the normal morale problems. Since they would be assimilated into the collective they should immediately act as contented subjects. Perhaps also they should not be able to form treaties or bribe minors? After all who would willingly join them?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

eber3 wrote:But don't the Borg take advantage of resources? They view people as simply another resource, doesn't mean they would pass up the resources on an unoccupied world.

I'd suggest, if possible, that citizens of a planet the Borg capture don't have the normal morale problems. Since they would be assimilated into the collective they should immediately act as contented subjects. Perhaps also they should not be able to form treaties or bribe minors? After all who would willingly join them?
I think this morale idea was looked at by DCER when he was working on remake of his Resistance Is Futile mod, but was unable to make it work.

thunderchero
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

eber3 wrote:But don't the Borg take advantage of resources? They view people as simply another resource, doesn't mean they would pass up the resources on an unoccupied world.

Ive added some structures for the Borg that give an extremely large morale boost (+35) plus bonuses to unrest threshold which should keep them somewhat contented. Also I have changed the 'Morale when Ruled by' "Borg" to 100, and I am thinking of making it higher. Also, all minors are set to Enraged for the Borg, which ultimately eliminates the possibility of membership.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

IIRC DCER had a special structure in the home system (cortical nodes I think) that when powered gave a +50 bonus empire wide, meaning that as soon as another empire's system was 'assimilated' their morale would instantly be pushed into the 'Loyal' area.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Borg
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Borg »

I all ways wanted to play has to borg on botf I hope the mod will work out ok and good luck with it. Becouse sounds like there some problems making it work I hope very thin gose well. :D
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Be on the lookout for a Beta to be released soon, within the week I am hoping but do not hold your breath...
borgpow
Ensign
Ensign

Post by borgpow »

hey tethys i have done alot of work on the borg i have many unfinished mods of all kinda for the borg as a major race i love the borg i wanted botf to have borg as a race from the very start if u need help in anyway or i can send u all i have on the borg if u think it might help and if u need testers i would be glad to get the beta to try i cant make ship models but ill help on everything else just ask

Return to “Galaxies MOD”