Rotating mod tournament discussion

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

i suggest an adendum to the rules:

Quick Restarts to ensure both players have acceptable systems.

Playing a tournie match with a 100 system when they have dual 300s is abit gay in all fairness.

This is how it should be done.
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

RSE_Dissy wrote:i suggest an adendum to the rules:

Quick Restarts to ensure both players have acceptable systems.

Playing a tournie match with a 100 system when they have dual 300s is abit gay in all fairness.

This is how it should be done.
most mods will have great starting systems :wink:

thunderchero
CRAZYGOOPDOG
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by CRAZYGOOPDOG »

email or pm email ill see faster, put me down would like too no when tourneys are
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

This is just to start disscusion about next tournament, UDMIII3.0.1a (not released yet) expect only minor changes in upcoming version. release date on or around 11-30-2009

signup would start 2-3 weeks from now.

First I think different tech starts will be needed, t5 (tech 9 with 4 extra starting systems) is too advanced for tounament play.

normal galaxy size exe
borg and randoms off
top player of bracket selects both races to be played.
bottom player of bracket has first choice of races.
rounds 1 and 2:
Expanded (tech 7 with 3 extra starting systems) med irregular many minors hard
Semifinals:
Developed (tech 5 with 2 extra starting systems) med irregular some minors hard
Finals:
Developed (tech 5 with 2 extra starting systems) med irregular few minors impossible

if more than 16 members join tournament semi final setting would be used in 3rd and or 4th round.

let me hear what you think :wink:

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Sounds reasonable, and probably the best way to test UDMs MP capabilties ;). Thus you can sign me in on that Tournament Thunder.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

i'd be up for a udm tourny,ruthlessferengie and me are playing a large ,fed v dominion game at the moment :)

we are both kinda feeling our way around,but i got my heavy escourts , now i just need to get them trained up on romulan outposts,and build more hc's before rf comes to kill me :roll:
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

i'll try it for sure - this is completely different game play here and I am just trying to get my BOP corrupted head around it, but so far I am enjoying it.

Carcher, train hard, the Domionion is coming to hold your hand on your final journey to the great link... mwa-haha... :)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

All sounds good... :D

Count me in whatever mod and settings... :wink:

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

hm, at first I need a bit of a clearance plz.

How much time is estimated for every round?

All bigger time-frames just led to the problem that much players left the tourney or forgotten about it or whatever. So it should be set as a short one imo.

As I don't have the time within the week I would like to play on weekends. Shouldn't 3 weeks + 1 additional (but just 1 not 2) for the unforeseen circumstances suffice to complete this tourney?

I'm okay with the t4 and t3 settings and the map size. But I dislike that someone else can choose with which race I have to play. In every game I always choosed what I wanted to play.

I know that this was meant to bring some fairness in the tourneys but imo its an odd rule. I would like to erase it because I'm not a friend of much (and such) rules.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

KrazeeXXL wrote:How much time is estimated for every round?
all rounds should be completed with in 1 week per round.
execpt semi's and final's this would have extra time but should not really be needed.
any extention needs to be setup early and game should have already started. An extension is for time to complete match only.
KrazeeXXL wrote:I'm okay with the t4 and t3 settings and the map size. But I dislike that someone else can choose with which race I have to play. In every game I always choosed what I wanted to play.
This was added for a couple reasons, but still can be changed :wink:
1. many first time tournament player may be signed up.
2. It is sometimes unfair for first player to have first choice.

I have also thought about a random race selection as well as random match up of players. Using same method as player match is selected.

Also release of next version of UDMIII3.0.1a has been delayed a few more days But still hope by end of this week. :wink:

thunderchero
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

thunderchero wrote: I have also thought about a random race selection as well as random match up of players. Using same method as player match is selected.
sounds good and like a bunch of fun. :) we could try it this way. I would like to hear some of the other participants opinion about that.

Either way I don't want to make my decision dependent on this minor rule. I'm more or less familiar with all races. ;)

So, to cut a long story short: count me in ;)
thunderchero wrote: Also release of next version of UDMIII3.0.1a has been delayed a few more days But still hope by end of this week. ;)
awesome :D

I've got some good news for you btw. I've started an UDM3large t1 game 2 weeks ago.

And I have to say that since the latest ati driver update the stability of the game has improved enormous... It never was more stable for me. I only had 3 crashes so far in almost 300 turns. Only one of them happend during a tc (tactical combat) ;).

(had more then a hundred tc's so far) :D

Another crash happend in the beginning during map creation. Guess it has to do with large map size.

The third one was one of these odd button crashs.

btw as there is a also a t3 game planned I recently got another idea. As I played the t1 game I finally changed the tech settings for the academies to TL3. TL5 was always to late imo and not canon, too (imagine Kirk w/o Starfleet training=redshirt³ :lol:). It's just an idea to change this.

At least fights would be more interesting ;) Just thought about Carchers fleet with all the drunken Klingons aboard who tried to beat the crap outta the big endless space :lol:

Return to “Multiplayer Games”