Two empires conquering a third

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Two empires conquering a third

Post by ZeroChance »

Hey everyone!

I was playing a UDM sp game today as Roms, cleaning up the remaining Card systems at the same time as the Feds. I had already conquered Cardassia. As my fleet hovered over the second last Card system, and the Fed fleet hovered over the last Card system in the same turn I thought of some questions.

If two separate empires subjugate the final two systems of a third empire in the same round, who gets the morale bonus for conquering the third empire?

Does it matter if either of the final two systems are subjugated minors?

Does it matter if one of the systems is the home system?

I ask because I have no experience in modding and would be completely lost going through the inner workings of the game looking for an answer. Also, the Fed invasion failed so that left me to conquer the Cards.

In the 10 years playing botf, this was the first time I was in that specific situation.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

I have never had that, But had a joint assault of final system. I was klingons my alli was federation we both used troop transports. I got system and full morale bonus and did not lose a troop transport. feds did lose TT. 8O But not sure if they got morale bonus Too.

thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

ZeroChance wrote:If two separate empires subjugate the final two systems of a third empire in the same round, who gets the morale bonus for conquering the third empire?
Most probably position of the system decides. Events are processed top-down / left to right. So I would guess the later processed i.e. conquered.
thunderchero wrote:I got system and full morale bonus and did not lose a troop transport. feds did lose TT.
That's odd. In my experience AI always get system in this situation and both lose TTs. Player get two messages: 1. successful invasion, 2. lost system to second attacker (AI).

At simultaneous colonisation player gets system, but AI loses no colony ship.

In conclusion, I thought it's processed by date (time of order) in ascending order. AI gives orders after/later than player.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Spocks-cuddly-tribble wrote:
thunderchero wrote:I got system and full morale bonus and did not lose a troop transport. feds did lose TT.
That's odd. In my experience AI always get system in this situation and both lose TTs. Player get two messages: 1. successful invasion, 2. lost system to second attacker (AI).

At simultaneous colonisation player gets system, but AI loses no colony ship.

In conclusion, I thought it's processed by date (time of order) in ascending order. AI gives orders after/later than player.
This may have been due to it was not AI first attack of that system first attack failed?

thunderchero

Return to “Modding Information Archive”