Multiplayer game anyone???

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

Anyone up for a quick vanilla game, I'm in warzone other games lobby for a bit.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

Do i still need to be a computer scientist to unlock the right ports to play the game or is there now a simpler way?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

ports can be tricky, I am over on warzone if you want to test

thunderchero
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

anyone want to help me? I do think I will be a challanging player for most of you.
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

dude, come to wz:) install udm or fluids along - we'll play:)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

ruthlessferengi wrote:dude, come to wz:) install udm or fluids along - we'll play:)
Installed them pal, but this port opening hasn't worked for me. thats the problem.

Definitely up for a game against you ruthless, since you are widely acknowledged as the best BotF player of all time. :wink:
ruthlessferengi

chestermike wrote:
Definitely up for a game against you ruthless, since you are widely acknowledged as the best BotF player of all time. :wink:
ahem... correction - i am a new kid on the block, got a lucky break... try RSE and Mickar - they'll get your bells shined in a jiffy - wicked bunch of ruthless vicious veterans :)

port wise - do you have static ip and if you run vista, do you run WZ in admin mode?

chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

ruthlessferengi wrote:
chestermike wrote:
ahem... correction - i am a new kid on the block, got a lucky break... try RSE and Mickar - they'll get your bells shined in a jiffy - wicked bunch of ruthless vicious veterans :)

port wise - do you have static ip and if you run vista, do you run WZ in admin mode?
I do have a static ip, my problem seems to be different ports pass and fail on different tests. I didn't know I could run WZ on admin mode, let me have a go as that could be the problem.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

look for posts of Flocke or myself here @afc. we've written several times what you have to do to open ports.

or try www.gidf.de
ruthlessferengi

not all ports need to be open... some show as closed but game stil runs.. did you try connecting?

chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

KrazeeXXL wrote:look for posts of Flocke or myself here @afc. we've written several times what you have to do to open ports.

or try www.gidf.de
Its the arrogant 'i've helped so many people I can't be arsed helping you so sift through thousands of posts to help yourself' attitude that gets on my nerves. My apologies for not being very good with all this techno geeky shit you need to do to play a game online.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

what gets on my nerves is the laziness of ppl who aren't able to use the search function. I'm tired of writing the same stuff and answers over and over again.

then you've given no information about your system and its configuration and what kind of antivirus stuff you are using. shall we guess it?

call it arrogance... whatever. I won't waste my time with ppl who don't want to invest some minimum of their precious time to get a problem solved.
ruthlessferengi

Chill out boys, it's just a game... Chestermike,
try this

viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43

pm me and we'll set up time and go over this stuff. I agree with you this is geeky but you want to play the best strategy ST game of all time, geeky stuff is the entrance ticket - but not to worry, if i figured this out, anybody can:)

cheers

rf

chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

KrazeeXXL wrote:what gets on my nerves is the laziness of ppl who aren't able to use the search function. I'm tired of writing the same stuff and answers over and over again.

then you've given no information about your system and its configuration and what kind of antivirus stuff you are using. shall we guess it?

call it arrogance... whatever. I won't waste my time with ppl who don't want to invest some minimum of their precious time to get a problem solved.
Well I have already tried following your instructions once after sifting through to find your instructions and it didn't work, either i am too thick to understand your considerable computer skills OR your not as clever as you think you are.

Didn't realise u needed to know everything about my system so here goes.....acer aspire 7730 laptop with 2.1gig dual core processor, 4gig RAM, 160 gig HD, 1244MB Mobile intel graphics media accelerator 4500MHD and an inbuilt 802.11a/b/g/draft n WLAN. I have AVG free version anti virus and I have turned my firewalls and windows defender off.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

chestermike and KrazeeXXL,

enough,

chestermike,

it sounds like on forum help is not getting any where. You might want to try online help from some of the people that are on warzone.

I suggest for you to just hang out on warzone and ask for help there.

But from your last post I will tell you wireless connecteion are some time buggy to begin with.
Is there a way to use a direct cable to your laptop may help.

thunderchero

Return to “Multiplayer Games”