Tournament 1 2010 UDMIII WINNER... Mickar

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

How should we do race selection?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:02 pm

top player in bracket get first race selection
56%
random race selection same way as player matchup
44%

Total votes: 9

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

lol

Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

speaking of glam, did they name a planet after you or was it the other way around? :)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Well, this is a story I suppose...

I used to run a chat based SIM and the ship was USS Tethys. Tethys is also one of Saturn's moons.

Unknown to me at the time, I failed to realize it was actually a canon Star Trek system -> http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Tethys_III

So I suppose it was a stroke of luck that I got a planet named after me ;)
dx_chaos
Ensign
Ensign

Match Report

Post by dx_chaos »

Carcher (fed) v Chaos (Rom) Winner: Carcher :(

Carcher was middle right, i was top left. Game was really slow to get goin - didnt meet till about turn 66! I spent way too much time messin around with Dom and Klings and spendin money buyin a couple of minors instead of focussin on buildin a fleet and kickin some butt. Carcher meanwhile was doin just that and when i got the chance to look around realised he had just about killed of the cardies and had a much bigger fleet than me.

Eventually we both headin for the Dominion in the centre of the map - i had takin one of their systems early on - for dilithium and good position - and carcher went straight for it - i had to defend my ground. He had 25 command and 14 strike - i had 25 command and 14 destroyer - result inevitable!! I didnt drag things out any further.

Congrats to carcher - who was a pleasure to play (as always) - and all the best in the next round

Chaos

Next time carcher, next time!!!!!! :twisted:
ruthlessferengi

Carcher, way to go dude! sorry, Chaos... i believe i have a rain check, so no worries, happy days will come.

carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

cheers chaos

it was a slow start ( ship costs,but the same for both of us)
i concentrated on reaserch but still gave some consideration to upgrading my intel defence,which paid off later on.

I managed to member the benzar system quite early ( for the dilth) and after meeting chaos , which i'm sure was turn 81 :) i membered the bolians

my plan was to upgrade my fleet of medium explores then conquer the nearest ai empire..the cards :twisted: I think i lost 5 tt's coz i was messing about and my invasion fleet got "reordered"by the computer,but after that i'm glad to say i made short work off the cards and i was ready to take over the dominion and get range on the roms.

I was trying to invade a romulan held dominion system when 9 rom warbirds came out of nowhare and blew my tt's to bits :!: "no prob" i thought to myself, i'll just bomb the bugger,reduce his range and take another dom system,which would have taken about 15 turns, but it wasn't to be :)

the romulan fleet turned up,the battle lasted about 6 turns ,we crashed on the last turn ,...i had a few strike ships left and 10-14 command ships,chaos had a few badly damaged command left.

Chaos kindly offered his surrender, and i gleefully accepted it :P

it was, as ever, a pleasure to play against dx chaos,I learn something new everytime we play :) I said i was due a win against you, but no doubt i'll pay for it 10 times over in the near future lol

good game mate ..cheers
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I am just waiting on KrazeeXXL to PM me for the game. Havent heard from him yet.

And congrats carcher, well done. Cant wait to play Krazee :D
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

Chaos&carcher: sounds like an entertaining game!

RF: Maybe I didn't take Cardassia because there was some confusion in the Great Link as to what the next course of action should be :roll: yea that sounds about right...

RF and I agreed to fight to the end, but I feel as though an empire would only *really* have a chance at regrouping after a major loss in one of the large maps. It sure was fun being a thorn in rf's side though :) it's always a pleasure to play rf, mainly because of his somewhat cryptic chat messages throughout the match. :wink:

I hope when the next tournament springs up I'll have time to take part... I've spent too much time trying to make sp games enjoyable.
ruthlessferengi

while the Great link was confused, the obsidian order was imbibing unreptilian quantities of cheap wine hoping that armada of ugly looking ships poised poised over my rugged world world vanish into thin air. Large volumes of wine apparently did the trick and the dominion fleet - puff - disappeared...:)

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

bracket has been updated for both matches.

Good luck to you both in next round.

thunderchero
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Hi everyone,

Any news on pending games from round 1?

I have not gotten any PM's from anyone asking for an extension. or any info on when games will be played.

thunderchero
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

tc,

mentat and I are trying to start our game. wz other lobby is currently down. not sure when it will be up and running again. i'm on wz most days so, hopefully, we can get our game going.

EDIT: ok, rf posted a way to get udm working in botf game lobby. i've pm'd mentat so should be able to start soon.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I'm sad to say that I have to leave the tourney.

:(
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Oh, that is a shame. I was really really hoping to crush you like a bug. :? :? :?
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

aw crap im sorry to hear that Krazee... maybe we will have our game next time! looks like I move up by default? and now have to battle carcher? goodness... :x

Return to “Multiplayer Games”