Tournament 1 2010 UDMIII WINNER... Mickar

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

How should we do race selection?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:02 pm

top player in bracket get first race selection
56%
random race selection same way as player matchup
44%

Total votes: 9

mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

No sign of Mentat. Not sure what's going on.
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Sorry Mickar, still having difficulties to schedule my duties, but since we have weekend, things should work out now.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Sorry for leaving so abruptly but I'm getting alittle frustrated here.

When you get the correct version installed :roll: , have tested it in botf lobby AND have a couple hours to play please let me know.

While I totally understand personal comittments and the like, I don't get the impression you're very serious about this tournament. Maybe it's best to withdraw and let the rest of us continue?
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

I couldn't be less frustrated myself, but such actions do not really help Mickar. I have had to postpone this for good reasons, and I wouldn't have done so, if I wasn't committed to the Tournament, I wouldn't have asked to postpone it.

I had installed everything accordingly about 10 Minutes after you left, but now again I must continue with some duties. I will look into WZ as soon as possible, and if we can't get this started and done in the next two days, your are welcome to continue without this game ever played.

As I have repeatedly said, I am sorry about this, but some things can not be foreseen, but I really wanted to play that game.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Like I said mentat, I 'understand' personal comittments.

What I felt frustrated about was you didn't even have the proper mod installed, even though you signed up 2+ weeks ago. And I was also frustrated that you only had time for a couple of rounds. ie 15 min worth of playing. I have continually made time out of my own personal schedule to be in wz hoping you would 'pop' in.

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm only expressing my frustration at not starting. I'm a botf player. I like to play. So when you have a couple of hours to play let me know and I'll be available.
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Quick update on the Tournament game between Mickar and me, we played through it today, and it was a good game. After all thet delays and certainly unnecessary problems, frustrations and comments, it was really an enjoyable experience.

Granted, Mickar won the day, but since I really enjoyed playing this one, it couldn't be better. Mickar has made some screenshots and will post them later. Cheers and good luck to those that continue the challenge of the Tournament.

ps.: It was also very good to see that UDM has definitely MP quality. It might need some tweeks here and there for MP, but those can be overcome by either a play code or a player agreement on certain things that should rather be avoided.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

ok, mickar:) what shall it be?
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Good luck to all in semi finals round.

I have updated bracket.

thunderchero
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Yes, Mentat and I had our game. Was about 5hrs long and, while starting abit slow, was quite enjoyable.

Our final battle at turn 78:

We were quite far in this game as you can see from map. In fact we didn't meet until after turn 50. I was able to conquer both Card and Fed, which enabled me to upgrade my hc. Dom upgrade in this mod is slow and I went all out ships on my systems, hoping to use conquered major as my research systems.

Thanks to Mentat for a really fun game. :D
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Well me and Carcher had our first round... game is still ongoing... we shall see how it turns out either tomorrow or the next day...
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
ruthlessferengi

hope to play mickar tonight
rf

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Well! Carcher has my fleet pinned just outside of my Cruiser's range!

Tactical move on his part to destroy my outpost just as I sent my fleet 2 sectors away to scout possible 'strongholds' and now I have to rebuild a base where my ships are stranded!

This is a really good game, so far on around turn 70, and so far its been very close with a few skirmishes here and there. Game crashed during our last battle, we will be continuing tomorrow around 7PM GMT (i believe).

Good game so far!
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
ruthlessferengi

could not connect with Mickar yesterday, may be today..

rf

ruthlessferengi

well, mickar and i had a nice game...
he went cardies and i settled for dom...
i was lucky as i got more than 500 pop on both sisters, but no dil. i got two colonies, build up lotsa intel, got some extra fabricators and pumped out 4 squadrons of enforcers..

i got carried away with building intel and eventually got more than 3000. and forgot about other part of the plan, which was - get range to one sister planet, show up there with 4 sqaudrons of enforcers and then take the planet..

i got late on getting range - but i did manage to scare zakdorn to join me - in this mod they are totally idiotic - you park 3 heavies over their planet, declaire war and they they offer membership...

my plan was to outbuild mickar with enforcer = in ratio 1 to 4 they will kill hc, and 25 percernt will survive... i did not get to that ratio when mickar showed up with 12 heavies upgraded and 20? cruisers...

then he tried to take over my systems and lost ? 10 cruisers while i rebuild orbs... when i thought he was soft enough and had 11 heavies and 7 cruisers, i attacked him with 32 enforceers.. it was a mistake, he survived with 9 heavies...

then i still had intel... i stole a couple of ships, and destroied a few... but it did not help. he eventually took over my intel colonies, zakdorn...

then i gave up.. Ironic thing was - kling took one of his sister planets when i gave up:) oh well, had i known i would have prolonged the inevitable but the nature of invetable is - mickar is a solid player with huge experience and a better player won today.

congratulations and way to go:) carcher/tethys beware...

and may i correct my previous erroneous assumptions about race strength in this mod - cardies are definitely on top here:) ram just kills..

mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

As rf said, we had our game today and I should mention that rf played a very good game. I would say that if I didn't take card I would have lost this game.

My strategy was to build as many cc as I could as fast as I could, upgrade them then bomb dom into submission. That is easier said than done as a t3 game in this mod is very slow to make ships. We were fairly close but with short range on my cc I didn't have range so was content to sit, research and intel.

I halted my cc building at 11 as I saw dom making only enforcers and I saw that eventually he would overwhelm me as my cc are very expensive so I switched to bs to keep pace with him. In retrospect, I should have continued to make 15 cc.

I was able to keep pace with dom production through getting alot of demand money. I gave up counting but can confidently say I got over 50k. My moral was high as I was constantly signing then breaking treaties when the majors refused my nicely asking for money. :?

I upgraded my cc around turn 75 which then gave me range to dom systems. I then hovered over dom systems to see how many orbs he could power and on 2 of his systems he could power more than the 11 cc I had which would mean I would lose ships when bombing so I moved to try to take his 2nd dill zakdorn. After a couple/few tries I took zakdorn then went to bomb his one sister system that could only power 11 orbs. As I bombed, dom would make another orb and still have the phantom orbs there so I kept losing ships. After losing, not sure, maybe 9 or 10 bs I gave up and went to retreat for abit when we met for our battle. Even though I was outnumbered 31 to 18 I wasn't too worried as ram would ensure my survival.

After the battle dom went into guerrilla warfare tactics; making orbs, heavy intel (which proved so efficient that I stopped looking at intel screen as the news was always bad) :( , and trying to stopt me from taking his side systems. After I took his last side system, dom graciously conceded which was a real relief because the same turn kling, along with 11 tholian, took my sister system. While the final outcome probably wouldnt have changed (or maybe it would have):wink: :wink: :wink: , dom could have made my life miserable.

All in all, it was a very fun game and I applaud rf for his fine play as usual. :D

I would like to post a final screenshot of the map if someone would load game with me.

Return to “Multiplayer Games”