Tournament 1 2010 UDMIII WINNER... Mickar

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

How should we do race selection?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:02 pm

top player in bracket get first race selection
56%
random race selection same way as player matchup
44%

Total votes: 9

ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

actually, i had all 15 orbs powered - i built power plants in a hurry - a worthwhile note - build power plants ahead of time - you have enough juice to power 11 as mickar noted, you need at least 4 more - one per orb:)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Well it was a great game and well played by Carcher! He is a great player and I would love to play him again! :P

So we had our final battle at around turn 70/71 and we kept crashing, so we did everything by the book and loaded it from a save, replayed exactly, kept crashing. So we waited a turn then continued the battle next turn. He crashed and I stayed in (so i played the battle out for fun only).

I was willing to load from earlier save, but Carcher said he saw no way he would win the battle (which is correct, since i killed most of his fleet before the AI made his ships retreat), so he generously conceded to me and the mightiness of the Dominion! :lol:

The only mistake by me was allowing my outpost to be unguarded, stranding my HCs 1 sector out of short range (was working on upgrading in case my TTs got destroyed during the battle, which they didnt)

If he would have destroyed my TTs (kill then retreat), I wouldnt have been able to build an OP there for about 6-8 turns (possibly longer) and he probably would have been able to raid a few of my systems or even possibly liberate Sol, but he didnt.

Thanks Carcher for a great game!
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
ruthlessferengi

congratulations, Tethys... worthy victory indeed.

condolescenses, Carcher...

Carcher - you are a true patriot Kling - honorable death...

I must say it takes extra courage to select Kling in this mod... Kvorta's vanilla powers have so spooked the modding world that in UDM it is very difficult to win as Klings in mp - they are toned down beyond the minimal level of manhood... yours and mine combined won't enable this empire stand proudly erect in an mp setting - but valiant attempt is always honorable:))

i think i see you on the barge you just joined me... where is it are we going?? :)) we shall start plotting vicious revenge vs mickar and tethys, my hairy friend...

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Let me say that I was the reason he chose Kling... he was going to go Cardie but i expressed my dislike of the ramkill 2-for-1 and he went Kling... i tried to get him to go back to Cardie i swear but he insisted on going Klingo so i said ok fine.. but next time I expect u to go Cardie ok Carcher!?

I am happy to say though that there was no ramming in that game, on either players part. He did have the upperhand I thought as I was at war with all majors simultaneously and he had affiliations with the Cardies? or he had peace at least i think...

Im terrified of facing mickar... i dont expect to win but hey... its not impossible :P
ruthlessferengi

win is a win... Carcher does deserve a True Klingon Fan Award though...:)

mickar theoretically can be beaten :) - you "just" need to extort 200 k from ai, luck out on pop, and chose time when his kids are most annoying and destructing:) - he won't pay attention to your sneak attacks :) good luck!

mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

The way my practice games have gone, I might be beaten by the ai. 8) 8) 8)

Remember, it's on impossible setting and few minor. I tried 2 practice single games and both times the ai swarmed me whenever I left my space. Plus the ai makes alot of ships on impossible.

So, no need to worry about me. Worry about the ai. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

LOL rf! and mickar i was at war with all 3 AI in game against Carcher, and I still built a sizeable fleet AND conquered Sol... im not worried about the AI lol...
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

That was on hard setting. Try a practice game on impossible setting.
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

yeah it was a good game ,i did feel a little bit trapped in the bottom corner but thats the luck of the draw :(

i got a few k from the cards but that scource of income soon dried up

i saw my chance to strand his fleet about turn 65 but lost 6 destroyers doing so ( my heavy ships were out of range). somehow i missed the dom tt's sneaking through so i took a chance ,with my tiny fleet,and attacked him before he could build an outpost.

i think we managed 3 turns at the most,we reloaded about 4 times but it wasn't to be and i gave up the ghost in wz :(

the big question is.....why did i pick klings to go up against the doms ?

i dunno really!! guess i was just stupid ( a fact kindly confirmed by micker :lol: )
well played to tethys he deserved his win and good luck in the final mate.

look forwaed to playing you again

cheers
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Progress report on the Final round...

Mickar is kickin my ass... as i expected lol... He's already got 5 CC, 1 Galor, and 2 Strikers? and i think we're about 20 turns into the game so far? I have 2 HC and 4/5 Striker, so I am just keeping up with his PRODUCTION, not doubling it (as i am supposed to be doing with Strikers:CC ratio)

So i fear that if i cant upgrade my fleet before him (which will be near impossible since he is Intel raping me) i do not stand a chance against him. He is definitely a better player.

We will see how it pans out in the end...
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Well Mickar won. I didnt exoect to get this far in the tourney and I definitely didnt expect to beat mickar... I surrendered to him after he stole one of my 7 (and 1 turn away from another one) Strikers so we had a battle for fun... I chose Dom after he went Cardie... hes a good player and fun to play against, I cant wait til i play him enough to begin to beat him :P
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

First of all, I want to congratulate Tethys for making the final and for a good game.

Abit of bad luck in the placement for dom as we ended up being only 2 square from each other. I also got the lions share of the demands, around 30k or so. Being so close, my intel attack was quite good and Tethys surrendered after I stole one of his strike.

Below is a screenshot of the map at turn 51:
Last edited by mickar on Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
RSE_Chris
Commander
Commander

Post by RSE_Chris »

Congrats, Mickar. It's about time you won a tournament.:D
ruthlessferengi

way to go, Champ! and great show Tethis:)

Gertjan
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Gertjan »

Interesting tournament. What is "tt"?

Return to “Multiplayer Games”