I was wondering if this was made or could be made easily

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

skullmster
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

I was wondering if this was made or could be made easily

Post by skullmster »

Im not going to lie I have absolutely no experience modding, and I have looked a little bit but there is a lot of information to go through so I decided to ask first.

Now I did not patch my game or anything like that so it is basic. The mod I always wanted would affect four planets and have a HUGE impact on gameplay.... at least in my head. When ever I took over Fraginar or Sol or any Home planets of the major races I always wanted to be able to build their special buildings at the very least. Being able to build a Romulan Warbird and everything would be pretty sweet too.

Now if this could be/has been done then what I think would be awesome is if you do this you unlock a new menu to decide if you want to build something say Klingon instead of Federation. What I mean is instead of having Farms you have hunting grounds. So next time your level four farms upgrades it will upgrade to level five hunting ground. The Klingon Great Hall can only be Built on Qo'nos
ketteringdave
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by ketteringdave »

I'm not sure about the buildings, but there should be an option in UE to set ship building options by race in each system (so subjugated Romulan systems could build those Warbirds for you, even though your home systems still couldn't). This feature is already in use in several mods, I believe.
skullmster
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by skullmster »

Ah thank you very much Dave I'll definitly look into it.

I would like to add to this mod which i forgot as well and that is Minor Races. I feel that if you capture or they join via membership you should be able to build their ships too. So If the mod could do this principle that would be awesome.

If the mod could be done the only thing is that I would want the ships to be able to be built on the home planets only. If the option menu could be done it would be pretty cool if they didnt affect the home planets even of your starting race.
skullmster
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by skullmster »

Well I looked into the Ultimate Editor and I was shocked at what could be done and everything. My biggest problem is I want the gameplay to start absolutely standard and change as the game progresses. UE doesnt seem to do that. It changes the gameplay all together
skullmster
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by skullmster »

Well I guess not. Oh well it was a good idea
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

Its definately defo possible to do the minor races ships on their homeworld.

There's a mod Fluids mod, or 103. which are both basically vanilla that allow you do this.

I enjoy membering Breen in UDM3 games as dominion and have a fleet of breen amongst my JemHadar fighters.

But I would enjoy more having Card Galors as well if i conquered them!

The problem is the major races, a conquered cardassia... maybe just being able to build their standard ship, like a command cruiser only rather than their whole selection maybe possible,but i dont think so..
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
skullmster
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by skullmster »

Ah ok. Well thank you very much for the information!
skullmster
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by skullmster »

Well I looked into those things and found they had some of the features I wanted but changed the gameplay far too much for me unfortunately :(
skullmster
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by skullmster »

Is there anything new that any one knows that does what I have asked in the past?
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Don't have time to go into detail but...

to do this use UE and duplicate the Sol special buildings, (use copy?) -- change the requirements from home world to none and required race to human (or which ever race is usually required) and who can build to all but the ussual race,

You can then give is race specific values.

can't add menus yet (it is being look at abit by some modders)

can't have multiple farms, industry, power, intel and research buldings -- ruins upgrading.

sorry to be short hope this helps any Q's i'll try answering later :)
skullmster
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by skullmster »

Ok I messed around with the editor. Only problem is I wanted the special buildings like starfleet acedmy be built on SOL and Sol only if Klingons captured Sol. Just for example.

The other thing is trying to build minor ships. I take it there is no mod for building minor ships for planets that were taken over

I mean it would be really could to be able to pick what you wanted, like for planetary offense picking a Federation ship and for scouting picking the Klingon Scout. As you said modders are looking into it though.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

maybe add a few more sol requirements

ie. dilithium, terran planet requirement

but i think is isn't currently possible to make buildings system specific. (this would require major code reprograming)

Return to “Modding Information Archive”