What's the best mod for improving AI but limits changes?

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

What's the best mod for improving AI but limits changes?

Post by RSE_Dissy »

I want to know what the best mod for improving AI is but also I'd like the mod to be mainly vanilla in nature, I've heard balance of power mod is ok, but are there any significant changes to AI?
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Re: What's the best mod for improving AI but limits changes?

Post by jonboylondon »

RSE_Dissy wrote:I want to know what the best mod for improving AI is but also I'd like the mod to be mainly vanilla in nature, I've heard balance of power mod is ok, but are there any significant changes to AI?
im pretty sure the AI cannot be changed due to no one knowing the codes the game was written in -gowron/siggi/mal/thunder i'm sure im right - yes?

However UDMIII has proved the hardest i have found (but i mainly play T45555 small/med irregular impossible with me being t4). I was quite a shock when i bumped into the full klingon fleet at turn 75 or so...very cool 8)

BOP a close second....

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

You might want to put a post in Balance of power topic and ask gowron what are changes to AI.

if he does not answer here first :wink:

thunderchero
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Well one of the most obvious changes about the AI in Balance of Power is that its fleets are significantly improved over what it builds in the vanilla game. Gowron altered the ship lists for all five empires so that the AI is essentially forced to build its best ships -- you won't see see crappy fleets consisting of only destroyers and light cruisers in this mod! :D
Gowron
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Gowron »

thunderchero wrote:You might want to put a post in Balance of power topic and ask gowron what are changes to AI.
Or just look it up in the documentation, section 2.6 "AI players" ;)
A discovery consists in seeing something everybody has seen and at the same time thinking something nobody has thought yet.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”