synchronization error

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

bnda
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

synchronization error

Post by bnda »

Hey Folks,

I'd gamed BotF 1.0.2 with Joker and Hades Patch for the last Days with my Buddy on Hamachi (v2.0.2.85). Ports forwarded. It worked fine for us for a few Games, all about 300 Rounds.
So we wanted to start a new Game in BotF but we always get the following Rrror after passing a few Rounds (about 10 to 30)

"synchronization error has been accurred. the multiplayer game cannot continue in its current state. [..]"

Both of us changed nothing on the running Systems so we try to fix the Problem with the following Solutions:
- Hamachi Priority up to the highest
- Using Tunngle instead of Hamachi
- Reinstall the full Game + Patches (1.0.2, Joker + Hades)
- Modded the Game with the following Mods on a fresh Install: Main Multi Installer 1.0.2 + Error Correction Mod (+ Ultimate Dominion Mod III 3.0.1)

Nothing worked :(
We also tried every compatibility Mode in Windows and disabled our Windows Firewalls.

Any Ideas how we can fix the Problem and getting back to play the Game?
Please Help,
Thx!
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Sync errors are common especially over Hamachi, since it bypasses the ports and firewalls.

If you have disabled them on both machines, as you say, then its odd to still be getting sync errors?

I would try EWarzone www.ewarzone.com and download their client, thats where everyone plays Botf online these days :P

The ports that need forwarding would be found in this thread @ Step 4: viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=43

Hope you can fix it, i know how bad it sucks to wanna play online with someone and not be able to becuz of crashes and sync errs :x
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
bnda
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by bnda »

All Ports forwarded, still Sync Errors. It worked fine for us a few Days ago so it is odd!

Can you tell me ho to change the Path for WarZone to my BotF Folder please?
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

As the game worked very long it sounds like a corrupt savegame to me. try to load one from last.sav instead of auto.sav (copy last.sav to game1.sav). if this doesn't work go some turns back (5-10) and load from there on.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

not sure what u mean about a path for Warzone? u might be thinking of Game Ranger, which is not the same...

the 'Other Games' lobby supports all Botf and mods, that is where most of us go to play, some ppl do play vanilla in the BotF lobby tho...
bnda
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by bnda »

Hey,

we don't use any save Game. As i told you, we start a new Game and after a few turns there is the Sync Error.
In the Meanwhile we tried a direct VPN Connection to get off from this Hamachi shit but it works the same way. Sync Error after a few rounds and fallback to Desktop :(

@Tethys
ahhh okay, haven't seen the Other Games Network to take the right Mod and start the right Game. But now i see. We will test WarZone later. Thanks for that! I hope this way work fine for us...
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: synchronization error

Post by Tethys »

bnda wrote:- Reinstall the full Game + Patches (1.0.2, Joker + Hades)
- Modded the Game with the following Mods on a fresh Install: Main Multi Installer 1.0.2 + Error Correction Mod (+ Ultimate Dominion Mod III 3.0.1)
erm, with the Multi installer, the patches from Joker and Hades are already included, so there is nothing more you need when installing with the main Multi installer. Have you tried both using just the Multi installer without any added patches? That could cause sync err :P
bnda
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by bnda »

No we tried both: fresh install 1.0.2 + Joker & Hades AND fresh install with multimod and so on.
We now try WarZone.. hope it's doing well
bnda
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by bnda »

So we tried WarZone. Same Problem.
Starting a Game and Sync Error after a few Minutes gaming.

Any ideas? It really sucks!
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Honestly i have no clue..

u are sure u both have the same (and correct) ports forwarded, as well as ports for both your firewalls? And using the same exact version?

those are the only things i know to cause a sync err :(
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

try ubistalling both games from each computer and reinstalling doubt it'll help but is an action of last resort that somtimes works well :)
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

since a direct ip connection between the 2 computers is established packet loss seems to be the most likely explanation.

I dunno your networks (behind a proxy, wlan) or isps or anything else. So with this little (almost zero) information there can only be made assumptions.

best thing would be to find a third player who definitely has no problems running a mp game. Then check out the game with him to find out which computer seems to have the problem. then with this vital information you could begin with error isolation which is absolutely necessary. w/o that you're going to spin in circles.
bnda
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by bnda »

Hey Krazee,

that's our last idea, too. So a friend of ours will install the game soon and we will try to find out who causes the Sync Error.
So please stay tuned ;)
Thx
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

some things I know which could help ya preventing sync errors:

1. avoid altering ship courses (over and over again)
2. avoid redeploying fleets (dito)

Of course you can do these things but in some cases the game screws it up. (noticed it very often)

Ships which had a course set didn't fly to their destination, ships within a fleet moved positions or changed to different ships, etc.

So it might help to reset the course or to dispand the fleet which might cause the problem for 1 or 2 turns and then to deploy it again.

If you have an error where ships changed then better reload from some turns b4 it happend. try loading last.sav at first and play differently then b4 so you might check out which thing caused the error.

Another thing which might cause sync errors may occur when you play with strategy timer=on. I was able to create sync errors while setting orders in the last seconds b4 the timer went down to turn to the next round.

hope this'll help ya a bit.

p.s.: don't ask me why I came up with this so late, dunno
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

while configuring my Comodo Firewall I've found an interesting option which could prove very useful to get rid of those dang sync errors :)

it's called "block fragmented IP datagrams" and was turned on by default - so I switched it off.

this setting can be found under Firewall -> Advanced -> Attack Detection Settings -> Miscellaneous

Return to “Multiplayer Games”