help!

Come in here if you want to sign up for Multi player games.

Moderator: thunderchero

Capt_Rae
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

help!

Post by Capt_Rae »

ok 4 of us have haramichi

how the $@#$%## do we get any of us to see the host

please make it as dumbed down an answer as possible when the host has set up and we try to connect to tcp ip with the ip address of haramachi no one can see the hosts game
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

i wish i could help you, but its been so long since ive played over Hamachi that ive forgotten how to get it working...

most of the community including myself play over Ewarzone which can be downloaded at www.ewarzone.com but u do need to correctly configure your firewall and router so you can connect to others, there is a few threads here on how to do this.

sorry that i cant help you with Hamachi, but i could help u with ewar! :P
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Capt_Rae
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Capt_Rae »

i tried on ewarzone prob was same

and it wouldnt let us play the mods
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Mods are typically played in Other Games lobby... well if worse comes to worst then you could try Game Ranger as that bypasses firewall and router, but then you have a higher risk of game going OOS (out of sync)

I hope someone with a little more knowledge of Hamachi comes by to help you, i know how it sucks to have many ppl available and not be able to play :(
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
iplaystartrek
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by iplaystartrek »

I use hamachi to play botf with a couple friends, 2 or 3 players, we have never tried 4 players. We had the same problem as you and after hours of research and trial and error (it literally took weeks) we somehow stumbled upon this solution. It seems kinda weird but it works for us. We also tried Warzone with no success. I hope this works for you.

1. Everybody start Hamachi (im assuming u can see each other in Hamachi screen)

2. go to network settings in Windows and disable wireless network connection

3. start botf (we play large UDMIII mod), do everything u would normally do all the way to empire selection screen for host or all the way to join game screen for joiners.

4. go back to desktop (don't exit game, use windows button), reenable wireless network connection

5. go back to botf

Example for HOST: start hamachi, disable wireless, start botf, select new multiplayer game, select Host, select Network, select tcp/ip, select connect, wait for empire selection screen then back to desktop and enable wireless, back to botf and it should work

Example for Joiners: start hamachi, disable wireless, start botf, select new multiplayer game, select join, select network, select tcp/ip, enter hosts' hamachi ip address, select connect, wait for join game screen then back to desktop and enable wireless, back to botf,

Somewhere in there the host has to pick game settings. Also sometimes u have to wait a few seconds and/or scroll up/down to see game.

Does it work?
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

generally i did not have to disable wireless to get it working...

beware of hamachi dropping a session on you - you'll be playing vs an AI while your human opponent is dropped and fuming without any warning
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry

Return to “Multiplayer Games”